Apr 24 2013
By: KarateChampChad Ghost of Sparta 10662 posts
Accepted Solution

Some Hope For Lock-A-Doodlers

24 replies 280 views Edited Apr 24, 2013

Recently I sent an email to Lockwood in hopes of having Lock-a-doodle changed. For the most part, I asked if they would modify the game so friends can at least play without owning the game itself, but locking people out of the rewards until they purchased the full game, similar to how Scribble Shooter was resolved. I think a game like this has real potential to become something truly enjoyable if it were to be changed like that, friends can at least play even if its a trial version, but still are able to play with their friends, and if they enjoy it they can buy the full game and unlock more colors/stickers to use on top of being able to earn rewards. I got a reply back right away from Tim. Here's what it said. 

Hi Chad,

This is an absolutely excellent suggestion, I think it would really help people enjoy Lock-a-doodle a lot more! I’ll pass it on to the team right away – thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Kind regards,

Tim

Timothy Smith

Social Media Coordinator

Keep your fingers crossed I suppose Smiley Surprised

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 1 of 25 (280 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Some Hope For Lock-A-Doodlers

Apr 24, 2013

Also if you guys are interested, I can post the email I sent to them if you want a read. Its kind of long so I figured I'd cut to the chase in the OP. 

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 25 (278 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Also if you guys are interested, I can post the email I sent to them if you want a read. Its kind of long so I figured I'd cut to the chase in the OP. 

And you didn't mention the word balls in your email? How can that be?

Message 3 of 25 (271 Views)
Sackboy
494 posts

Apr 24, 2013

This is great Chad, Thanks! All we can do now is cross them fingers Smiley Wink 

Message 4 of 25 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

And you didn't mention the work balls in your email? How can that be?

Word? No not this time, maybe next time Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 25 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 24, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Word? No not this time, maybe next time Smiley Sad

Sounds good Chad. I think that idea is wonderful. I'm sure the space would be much better received. You did good! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 25 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1571 posts

Apr 24, 2013

I would buy the club, but only if the club members were able to play the game without an extra purchase.  Maybe offer one guest reward, as scribble allows. Lockwood might see purchases increase, if people were able to play it and decide if they like the game enough to buy it.

Posted Image
Message 7 of 25 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
Sounds good Chad. I think that idea is wonderful. I'm sure the space would be much better received. You did good! Smiley Happy

It has potential. Look at how popular Draw Something and Pictionary are. I think something like this could become just as big in Home, its too good to be ruined by a careless business decision. 

Message 8 of 25 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 24, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

It has potential. Look at how popular Draw Something and Pictionary are. I think something like this could become just as big in Home, its too good to be ruined by a careless business decision. 

Well some developers do listen to their community. I suspect too that sales may have been a bit disappointing but who knows. The forum is only a small part of the community and they may have sold a lot of them anyway. 

Message 9 of 25 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Did someone say balls!

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 10 of 25 (230 Views)