Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Re: Sony Hacker Gets Year in Prison Freezers Next

Apr 19, 2013
The dozens of threads we've had on it in the past and you still don't know what it is?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 31 of 155 (310 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I believe ISE users might not "directly" cause harm, but they do "indirectly" cause harm to the community. First thing, the most impact is probably done to the devs and companies trying to promote stuff. If they think rewards can't be used to what it suppose to do, such as promote stuff or attract people, then they'll stop doing it. 

I think we have seen less and less stuff given out, less events, crappy rewards, less promos, devs going out, price gauging, etc. ISE is probably not 100% the cause, but I do believe they have some part of it. With that Home hasn't really been like what it use to be compared to a few years back. 

ALEXELWAY wrote:

they should  patch and take away ISE items from inventories.(if thats possible)

From what I heard from a JP friend recently, JP has taken away items in the past, so I believe it's possible for them to do it (not sure per individual, but at least in terms of everyone in that region, so items not suppose to be in that region can be done) I even heard they're going to do it again with the Aurora rewards they said was mistakenly given out after the recent Aurora 1.7 update. (the lvl 15 and 35 rewards were changed to a different item for JP)

Message 32 of 155 (300 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 19, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I would appreciate if someone would explain what ISE is exactly.  If I am going to be against something I would like to know what exactly I am against.

ISE is a hack exploit used to obtain items that otherwise they would not be able to get.  Here's an example

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Please-BAN-ISE-EDO-top-10-prize-already-hack...

Message 33 of 155 (285 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Lmao this thread isn't even about ISE. 2 out of 3 pages is now already about ISE. I'd say in off-topic discussions, this is a new record! Well done, the award goes to........ TSUNADE!

*slow clap*

Awww you shouldnt have, REALLY you shouldnt have.  Is it a record?  WOW I must say you are very talented, I mean your ability to keep track of every thread and determine when it goes off topic is remarkable.  Thank you for your kind words and award, im very flattered

Message 34 of 155 (253 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

EDEA_KRAMER eagerly_kibitzed:

@TSUNADE1224 how again is ise affecting you? a person could say its unfair for someone who spends more $ than them to get boosters for games . im not saying ise is right, im saying ise is for sony to worry about , not you.

:^/ ISE effects people who don't use it. My Big Tiger Gloves, were legitimately earned by only one hundred people in North America. Many more obtained them via ISE. When I wear them now, strangers accuse me of cheating the items via ISE. They assume that I cannot have earned them legitimately, because it's statistically less likely.

That's how it hurts others. That's what's wrong with it.

Message 35 of 155 (252 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 19, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:
The dozens of threads we've had on it in the past and you still don't know what it is?

All I know was I kept seeing a mask that seemed someone was wearing whenever I froze or something bad happened.  People explained on the forum it was ISE mask that was a reward for a game in japan.    I even made a thread about it and everyone laughed at me when I said I spotted someone wearing it on glittering sands a few months ago.  Just something sinister about that mask and I thought it was tied into freezing.

Message 36 of 155 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 19, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I would appreciate if someone would explain what ISE is exactly.  If I am going to be against something I would like to know what exactly I am against.

ISE is a hack exploit used to obtain items that otherwise they would not be able to get.  Here's an example

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Please-BAN-ISE-EDO-top-10-prize-already-hack...

Well I read a couple pages of that stuff I still dont get it.  Maybe its against the rules to explain.  At one time I was against region hopping but finally I tried it and dont see anything wrong with it except I cant use my credit card to buy winterwonderland space in uk.  But to compare region hopping with whatever this ISE stuff is doesnt seem like a valid argument. I never did make it to japan though too tough. And people tell me HK not worth effort.

Message 37 of 155 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I was recently having a conversation with a friend about rewards that are a task to get but in the end its nice to have a limited reward, to what she answered "As long as there is ISE NO Home reward/award is limited what takes you days/weeks/months to get someone gets in minutes if not seconds".  Im not gonna lie my exact reply to that was "That Sucks" Smiley Sad

Message 38 of 155 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

Apr 19, 2013

i think the reason people care about ise users ( thus worrying about everyone but themselves ) is because people want to have an edge over others . this can be seen when people purposely insults noobs wether they are hostile or not. even when asking someone about a item people intentionally ignore or make snobbish comments . the most infamous was when lockwood announced the mercia portal would be available to everyone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 39 of 155 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Let us not forget that I started this thread to celebrate someone that was harming Sony got put in prison.  And 1000 hours of community service and probation.  And to those unfamiliar to our justice system probation is the worst part and hopefully he got five years of that. Probation means they are always on your back and they are just waiting for you to make a mistake and then its back in the can.  So put on your best dancing locomotion and celebrate.  And for those who see these hackers as underground heroes?  Its us the little people that pay for crime in the end.

Message 40 of 155 (218 Views)
0 Likes