Feb 25 2010
By: j4fold Hekseville Citizen 309 posts

Sony NA needs some PR training.

11 replies 12 views Edited Feb 25, 2010
I will have to wait until tomorrow but it seems to me the NA home team needs a little PR training. After the big talk on a post from Jack about all the good things to come, and than only to get a little update, kind of takes the wow factor away. When you say something big then one should do something big right after it. Not 6 months down the road. This time I hope I am wrong and tomorrow will be a nice update. Items to buy at the mall is not my idea of big things to come. I would like to know what Jack's definition of big is so we can get on the same page.
Message 1 of 12 (12 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Re: Sony NA needs some PR training.

Feb 25, 2010

j4fold wrote:
I will have to wait until tomorrow but it seems to me the NA home team needs a little PR training. After the big talk on a post from Jack about all the good things to come, and than only to get a little update, kind of takes the wow factor away. When you say something big then one should do something big right after it. Not 6 months down the road. This time I hope I am wrong and tomorrow will be a nice update. Items to buy at the mall is not my idea of big things to come. I would like to know what Jack's definition of big is so we can get on the same page.

his definition of big is...

in the end, we will remember not the words of our jokes, but the silence of our audiences.
Trippy Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 12 (12 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Feb 25, 2010

Lower your expectations guy. He is PR guy for all things Sony, so he's gonna make a big deal out of everything he talks about. Doesnt mean tomorrow we will see huge changes from night to day. He is speaking in general for this year.

Also nice changes are coming to the Core client. Someone already saw "improvements" from the UK closed beta event. This will get better this year for sure. Just be patient. 

Photobucket
Message 3 of 12 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
618 posts

Feb 25, 2010

j4fold wrote:

Jack's post said we'd be addressing these things in the coming weeks. As I stated in the "where's Jack?" thread, we are still in the process of working out, and getting approval of, things we can and can't talk about at this time.

~Cyd

Message 4 of 12 (12 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Feb 25, 2010
Lol, look up the word PR. Just speaking for myself and not the opinions of others,  I don't get hooked on statements made one year ago to only be delivered like never. Btw I will never, I mean never lower my expectation because that is the very definition of a loser. So what if I say they can do better.   
Webster's definition; 
"Main Entry: los·er
Pronunciation: \?lü-z?r\
Function: noun
Date: 1548

1 : a person or thing that loses especially consistently
2 : a person who is incompetent or unable to succeed; also : something doomed to fail or disappoint."

Message 5 of 12 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 25, 2010

j4fold wrote:
Lol, look up the word PR. Just speaking for myself and not the opinions of others,  I don't get hooked on statements made one year ago to only be delivered like never. Btw I will never, I mean never lower my expectation because that is the very definition of a loser. So what if I say they can do better.   
Webster's definition; 

2 : a person who is incompetent or unable to succeed; also : something doomed to fail or disappoint."

Rude is another definition you might want to look up.

Message 6 of 12 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Feb 25, 2010
I think this might count as a duplicate topic. Check out the post CydoniaX recommended: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&message.id=908162
Message 7 of 12 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Feb 25, 2010

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

j4fold wrote:
Webster's definition; 

Rude is another definition you might want to look up.

don't feed his negativity joanna.  sit back and smile

I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 12 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Feb 25, 2010
 I am not rude and it's rude to imply that I am. People can't have things their own way. In fact that definition was addressed to anyone who lowers their expectations, so if that is something you do than I am sorry I hurt your feelings. I did not judge you so don't judge me.
Message 9 of 12 (12 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1188 posts

Feb 25, 2010

I agree, These Devs or "managers get paid Real good money by SONY  to produce Home.  Are they that loaded with work on their plate that they have to scramble to post a cople of words?

Hire more people. or find ones that can do the job.   Seriously..... what is the problem?

Message 10 of 12 (12 Views)
0 Likes