First Son
26 posts

Re: Suggestions for Home...

Dec 26, 2008

I also agree that there should be more pertaining to blocking a user. It would be nice if you where able to make your avatar "invisible" to a blocked user. Thus making it so that a blocked user cannot even tell if your online; besides not being able to locate you. The concept is similar to when you're chatting on aol, or msn and you click, "invisible" so that others cannot see you're really online. Sometimes I'm chatting with other people and I don't perticularly want to be bothered by someone in my friend list at that moment. With an "invisible" mode, I would include the option of appearing invisble to everyone on your list; along with having the option to only make yourself invisble to specific people aswell.

Furthermore, it would be great if there where more lanes in the bowling alley, and a greater varity and array of arcade games. It would be cool if the bowling alley had more substance. Plus, if possible, when you're playing pool.....as it is right now, (which of course your aware of) your only able to see the cue ball move across the table. It would be nice to be able to see your opponent actually playing out their shot such as: seeing your opponent leaning over the table, lining-up the shot, and the cue stick making contact with the cue. 

Also, it would be great if there where more quick responses to our avatar. i.e, more dance moves, expressions, quick phrases. If possible, could you include a feature that would allows us to creating our own quick phrases.....which can be added to our basic phrase list and accessible by still pressing the "L1" trigger. Thanks. 

Message 2331 of 6,140 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

Dec 26, 2008

READ THIS SONY, IF U DONT YOU WILL REGRET IT!

- A SPORTS ARENA SO YOU COULD PLAY SPORTS SUCH AS SWIMMING, SKATING, SKATEBOARDING, BMX, BBALL, BASEBALL, SOCCER, AND HOCKEY

-MORE CHOICES OF HOUSES YOU COULD BUY

-MORE HOUSES AND SOME FREE ONES TOO

-MORE BOWLING ALLEYS BECAUSE THE BOWLING ALLEY IS ALWAYS FULL!

-MORE VARIETY OF STORES IN THE MALL...

Message 2332 of 6,140 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Dec 26, 2008

I just started using home last week so I'm pretty new to it but I love it so far!

instead of just buying things at the stores in home to use for your apartment and such have things you can buy that can be mailed to you in the real world, like a controller, sony products, like any type of companies online store only it will be in the form of an online 3d mall instead of a web page.

have PS3 games unlock special trophies that can be redeemed for game themed items in home, such as if you unlock a certain Tomb Raider trophy you can get a tomb raider poster to put in your home apartment.

have some free things at the mall but make the items you can buy more rare such as a limited number of the item.

the avatars could carry things, like jiggling or riding a unicyle or dribbling a basketball

have a bullitin board or something where people can meet new people, so that way you can put a little about yourself and anyone who would be interested in meeting you could send you a message. Something similar to a forum but not for what forums are typically used for.

you could have something in the open areas like a blimp or made up flying vehical that can have a banner or can drop special collectable items for peoples home apartments which coul be used if a  new game came out the blimp would drop special items on the release day

a way we can earn credits or something to be used in the stores, like filling out surverys or buying ps3 games or related items

there could be seasonal tournaments for the games where the winners could recieve coupons to be used on sony products

an arty gallery where gaming companies could put up concept art or screenshots or movies

a way for users to share their creativity in home, as with little big planet you can create your own levels, maybe home users could create posters or something simple to share with other home users

have the camera movements be a little easier to navigate

have something like an aquarium you could put in your apartment or a zoo to visit that could have creatures from video games

be able to allow gaming companies to share bonuses to their games or company, like an incentive for beating their games or a video to watch that shows the making of the game

keep being on the cutting edge with taking risks and giving us great products like you always do!

I like boring things..Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes. ....I'm bored with that line. I never use it anymore. My new line is "In 15 minutes everybody will be famous." ....When I got my first television set, I stopped caring so much about having close relationships. .....They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.

-All Quotes by Andy Warhol-
Message 2333 of 6,140 (7 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Dec 26, 2008

1. 1 or 2 amusement parks

2. Banks

3. Schools

4. Colleges

5. Jobs

6. Pets

7. More games

8. Hospitals

9. Food places

10. Being able to see only your chat

11. Be allowed to throw parties

12. Buy/sell cars

13. Given the option to share an apartment

14.  Trophies for games

Message 2334 of 6,140 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Dec 26, 2008

JamakianSoulja wrote:

READ THIS SONY, IF U DONT YOU WILL REGRET IT!

- A SPORTS ARENA SO YOU COULD PLAY SPORTS SUCH AS SWIMMING, SKATING, SKATEBOARDING, BMX, BBALL, BASEBALL, SOCCER, AND HOCKEY

-MORE CHOICES OF HOUSES YOU COULD BUY

-MORE HOUSES AND SOME FREE ONES TOO

-MORE BOWLING ALLEYS BECAUSE THE BOWLING ALLEY IS ALWAYS FULL!

-MORE VARIETY OF STORES IN THE MALL...

HOME IS NOT A GAME AND WILL NEVER BE ONE... SO GET OVER IT....

So asking for more sports or other games in Home are just a waste of your time and energy.  I do agree with expanding the bowling alley but there is probably a good reason that they are the way they are...  It is called Bandwidth...

Most of the other stuff you ask for will come over time just not your time...

Message 2335 of 6,140 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 26, 2008

- I think it would be great to have sporting good items:

- bikes

- roller blades 

- skateboards (maybe with controls like EA SKATE)

- scooters

- Another idea would be to have sprinting instead of jogging

- It would be nice if walls could be added to the apartments in home 

Message 2336 of 6,140 (7 Views)
Splicer
60 posts

Dec 26, 2008

I think it would be great if we could use a picture of our Home avatar as our PSN avatar.  There are currently too few (good) options for PSN avatars, but if we could use our Home avatar's face, everyone, unlike now, would look different on our buddy lists.  I think it would be a great way to set ourselves apart on the PSN, and it would go along way toward integrating Home with the XMB and the Playstation community in general.

Please consider this suggestion.  Thank you. 

Message 2337 of 6,140 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Suggestions for Home... Please read..

Dec 26, 2008

Please Read

I know that Playstation Home is a great undertaking and I know that all of the people submitting their ideas are great and all,but everyone doesn't seem to understand the business part of all of this. I know that Sony wants to create a better online experience so I have some suggestions that would broaden home and rank up money for Sony. I have suggestions for each area currently in Home and some ideas for new areas.

Central Plaza (This area is important because it is the epicenter of Home.)

1. Listen@Home needs more music choicest to get some current top songs for people to jam to and purchase from within Home. Listen@Home should have an option to buy songs. I'm sure I am not the only one who has songs on their HDD. Please provide music to buy and maybe sell a virtual stereo system in The Mall for Home users to enjoy in their Personal Spaces and Their Clubs. 
  2. Saucer Pop is fun any many people like it. I would like to see maybe a deathmatch mode for it. Those are spaceships and it would be cool to shoot others down. Bring the player count to six maybe instead of four.
                                                        Bowling Alley( Just like you guys changed up the look for Central Plaza, a new look for this area would be great. )

1. Bigger area and more arcade games. Bowling is fun and so is the arcade and Billiards area. Expand this to maybe some Premium arcades. Better arcades priced at nickel and dime amounts. Maybe some two player arcade games. It would be nice to have Darts maybe(Use the Sixaxis only for this).
  2. More Lanes for bowling because a lot of people love to play and I believe it is needed.
  3. More video ads of products and services always view these and I always see people looking too.I'm going to get the PS3 Chat Pad.Thanks to Adverts in Home. 

Home Theater

1. I only have one suggestion that many users have maybe have said or are thinking of it. Full Movies to watch in The Theater. Current movies that are out only at the theaters. But have it only that Club members can join in their own server to watch with fellow Club members. That would be a great selling point to make money for Club startups. Fees for watching any movie should range from $6-$8. Please have proximity chat so all members that are in there can speak together and just have fun. Definitely have the option for Full screen mode.

The Mall (Items i would like to see free or for a price)

1. Stereo system
  2. Clothes from big companies
  3. Posters of anybody famous for our Personal spaces
  4. Music,Movies,and Videos
  5. Books,Magazines,Newspapers (Would be cool to have an option on the XMB for Literature)<------ This is a Great Idea!!!!
  6. A store to buy real products from Sony.You do have our addresses so it's time to use them. LoL
*Note* We are Gamers,but we do like other stuff besides gaming.Give us more stuff from you and we won't waste our money somewhere else.

Home Space

1. Give us more areas to live in. Such as exotic jungles, mountains, caves, planets, and throw in some real places. From Paris,Tokyo,New York City. 

http://i48.tinypic.com/21lob2s.png
Message 2338 of 6,140 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 26, 2008

more free items, and more free customizable personal spaces!

Message 2339 of 6,140 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Dec 26, 2008

-Where there is a screen

--When you go into full screen on any screen the AV go invisible, and so should the Text boxes above there heads.. keep the text box on the bottom left, but make the AV's text boxes that appear on there heads also disapper when in full screen on any screen; because at some times, there are way to many text boxes that it blocks the screen.

-Theatre

--You should be able to access "Full Screen" when siiting in any seat.

-Main lobby

--There should be a option to mute Listen@Home. Music isn't all that great at some times.

-Bowling Ally

--There should be two + more users on the acrade machines, making it a lot easyer for more users to play at one time. Making less time for users to wait (some will leave) and more users playing.

--There should be more bowling ally's, making less time for users to wait and more users playing.

--There should be more pool tables, making less time for users to wait and more users playing. A lot of people don't like to wait, making less people in this area

-Shopping Centre

--If it's Possible, not have users download the area every time new content its added to the stores. Making for less time downloading the space and more time spending money. This will also help from those users from getting pissed that they got to waste 5-10 minutes (slow speed) downloading this space every week.

Message 2340 of 6,140 (7 Views)
0 Likes