Reply
Apr 15 2013
By: digitalleisure Gaming Beast 864 posts
Offline

The Casino's Next BETA Poker Tournament

[ Edited ]
43 replies 747 views Edited Apr 15, 2013

First off, a big thank you to everyone who came out and played in the Poker Tournament on the weekend. We had a great time, and we hope everyone who came out had a great time.

 

Secondly, as the title of this post suggests, we are going to have another BETA (or is it a gamma test? lol.) There were some things that worked, and there were some things that didn't work as well as we thought they were going to. So we sat down today and talked about what we are going to change for the next tournament. We took the data that we accumulated from the tournament, as well as the feedback from all of you, and this is what we've planned for next time.

 

  • We're going to shorten the time for the qualifying to 6 hours. We found that people weren't playing the entire time, and we realized that 8 hours is a long time to commit to for a tournament.

  • We're decreasing the amount of tournament chips that you get to play with from 5000 to 3000. This is to encourage people to play well, and those that don't play well will be knocked out of the tournament faster to allow for the skilled poker players to continue playing.

  • In the Qualifying Round the top 36 players are going to be determined by earnings, not holdings. We want to reward the people that win the most games.

  • 4th, 5th, and 6th place winners in the finals will receive chips. In the real tournament they will be rewarded 10,000 chips, for the BETA it will be 0 chips

  • Lastly, pending the items get through QA before this BETA kicks off, we'll have a reward for everyone who makes it into the semi finals, and a reward for everyone who makes it to the finals.

 

Everyone who qualified for the previous BETA will be invited back for this second BETA. You will not get a second voucher code, and you'll enter the tournament just like you did before through the Poker Tournament Chip key. We are going to get these changes done and updated as soon as possible, and we hoping to host the next BETA in 2 - 3 weeks. We'll let you know 3 -4 days ahead of time if the tournament is on.

 

Thanks again to everyone who played this weekend, congratulations to the winners, thanks for your feedback, and we hope to see you again in 2-3 weeks!

 

TL DR
Another beta in 2-3 weeks, same people are invited, there are some changes to the tournament, thanks.

 

Follow us: http://twitter.com/digitalleisure ------- Like us: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalLeisure
Message 1 of 44 (747 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/15/2010
Offline
2651 posts
 

Re: The Casino's Next BETA Poker Tournament

Apr 15, 2013

I agree with all your changes. Any chance of altering the blind structure for a more interesting final showdown in each game?

castle3
Message 2 of 44 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
982 posts
 

Re: The Casino's Next BETA Poker Tournament

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

Nice!! I like all the changes you mentioned, but MsLiza does bring up another good point. The progressive blinds move up too fast (even in the public rooms), I understand it needs to be this way for quicker games, but even in the public rooms I feel it should be more about fun & real play rather than just being able to play so many games in a short amount of time. While I think that should be changed for the public rooms, it most definitely should be a mandatory change for the tourneys. Glad too see y'all decided to re invite all the players from this weekends beta test to play in the upcoming one. Good luck & have fun too all the players again!!!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 44 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/11/2012
Offline
864 posts
 

Re: The Casino's Next BETA Poker Tournament

Apr 15, 2013

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

I agree with all your changes. Any chance of altering the blind structure for a more interesting final showdown in each game?


The blind structure is going to remain the same. The tournament needs to move on at it's current pace since it is all automated. The blind increase rate is slowed down in the Semi's and the Finals.

Follow us: http://twitter.com/digitalleisure ------- Like us: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalLeisure
Message 4 of 44 (685 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/17/2012
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: The Casino's Next BETA Poker Tournament

Apr 15, 2013

I like the changes, and are looking forward to next tournament.

Message 5 of 44 (675 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 10/15/2010
Offline
2284 posts
 

Re: The Casino's Next BETA Poker Tournament

Apr 15, 2013

260 days until the next tournament?  Noooooooooo    More often, please.  This was a terrific experience.  And it builds enthusiasm for everyone to play daily and practice, practice, practice.  Don't lose the momentum.

Message 6 of 44 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/15/2009
Offline
2781 posts
 

Re: The Casino's Next BETA Poker Tournament

Apr 15, 2013

I like all the changes done, other than questioning the holdings vs earnings one.

 

I liked the holdings way as this encouraged players to play well knowing that bad play would lose them 500 chips and lower their placings on the Leaderboard, as earnings there is no penalty for random all-ins. I also think someone who plays afew games (showing a good return ratio and higher win percentage) deserves a semi-final postion ahead of someone who plays the full 6 hours and takes a semi-final slot just because they played more games, despite having potentially a poorer return.

 

Either way I look forward to the next tornament, but, if others agree, just ask you to reconsider the holdings vs earinings Leaderboard.

Message 7 of 44 (579 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/11/2012
Offline
864 posts
 

Re: The Casino's Next BETA Poker Tournament

Apr 15, 2013

Keara22HI wrote:

260 days until the next tournament?  Noooooooooo    More often, please.  This was a terrific experience.  And it builds enthusiasm for everyone to play daily and practice, practice, practice.  Don't lose the momentum.


 2-3 weeks will be the next poker tournament. Normally it will be monthly once we get out of BETA.


Mermaid-KT wrote:

I like all the changes done, other than questioning the holdings vs earnings one.

 

I liked the holdings way as this encouraged players to play well knowing that bad play would lose them 500 chips and lower their placings on the Leaderboard, as earnings there is no penalty for random all-ins. I also think someone who plays afew games (showing a good return ratio and higher win percentage) deserves a semi-final postion ahead of someone who plays the full 6 hours and takes a semi-final slot just because they played more games, despite having potentially a poorer return.

 

Either way I look forward to the next tornament, but, if others agree, just ask you to reconsider the holdings vs earinings Leaderboard.


We'll see what happens this time around with earnings being determining factor. If it doesn't work as well then we might go back to the holdings.

Follow us: http://twitter.com/digitalleisure ------- Like us: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalLeisure
Message 8 of 44 (552 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/15/2009
Offline
2781 posts
 

Re: The Casino's Next BETA Poker Tournament

Apr 15, 2013

digitalleisure wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

I like all the changes done, other than questioning the holdings vs earnings one.

 

I liked the holdings way as this encouraged players to play well knowing that bad play would lose them 500 chips and lower their placings on the Leaderboard, as earnings there is no penalty for random all-ins. I also think someone who plays afew games (showing a good return ratio and higher win percentage) deserves a semi-final postion ahead of someone who plays the full 6 hours and takes a semi-final slot just because they played more games, despite having potentially a poorer return.

 

Either way I look forward to the next tornament, but, if others agree, just ask you to reconsider the holdings vs earinings Leaderboard.


We'll see what happens this time around with earnings being determining factor. If it doesn't work as well then we might go back to the holdings.


Thats ideal, thankyou Smiley Happy   With the quallifying reduced to 6hrs it will help reduce the chance of it becoming a grind fest if it is based on earnings but it will be good to see how it works out with the next Beta test and I look forward to seeing and being a part of it.

Message 9 of 44 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/12/2010
Offline
9504 posts
 

Re: The Casino's Next BETA Poker Tournament

Apr 15, 2013
Awesome to see these changes made. I would be honored to give it another go. See you all there!
Support Forums
Message 10 of 44 (531 Views)
0 Likes