Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Re: The Nature of Home: The Root of Recent Failures

Jan 14, 2010
1. Playstation 3 consoles are typically bought by video gamers.

2. PSN stands for Playstation Network.

3. Home is only accessible via the PSN, from the Playstation 3 Gaming Console.

4. All forms of networking deal with communication.

P.S. I believe Sony's intention was NOT to mirror other social networking applications. This Is next gen social networking.

It all adds up.
Message 231 of 257 (26 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Jan 15, 2010

Ha, this thread was on page 9 !! I'm knot going anywhere and neither is this thread until the powers that be start recognizing the community and its problems. There are issues that are months old now w/ no response to who, what, where, when, and why. Any company that did business this way would be out of business w/ the quickness. No one would put up this w/ other products, they would bring it back to the store and get it rectified, get their money back, and quite possibly never deal w/ the company again. There is no store to return HOME to. I think sony is making abig mistake here cause the way they're treating this applications members will make me think twice about future sony products. They may knot be concerned w/ us spending money in HOME, but burn me enough and the Sony name becomes irrelevant to me.

I think they need to send their employees to customer service seminars, last i checked customer is always right !! 

Now Glass did recognize 2 newer problems and said theyre working on them, so thats cool but what about all the previous F ups ? Whats going on there ? Also the supposed fix to Lure #6 didnt take and introduced even more errors. Just great. How about Canada they still being sent to EU ? I mean crap there so many outdated errors and new errors one cant keep up w/ them all. 

Photobucket
Message 232 of 257 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Jan 15, 2010

Shadyknot wrote:

Ha, this thread was on page 9 !! I'm knot going anywhere and neither is this thread until the powers that be start recognizing the community and its problems. There are issues that are months old now w/ no response to who, what, where, when, and why. Any company that did business this way would be out of business w/ the quickness. No one would put up this w/ other products, they would bring it back to the store and get it rectified, get their money back, and quite possibly never deal w/ the company again. There is no store to return HOME to. I think sony is making abig mistake here cause the way they're treating this applications members will make me think twice about future sony products. They may knot be concerned w/ us spending money in HOME, but burn me enough and the Sony name becomes irrelevant to me.

I think they need to send their employees to customer service seminars, last i checked customer is always right !! 

Now Glass did recognize 2 newer problems and said theyre working on them, so thats cool but what about all the previous F ups ? Whats going on there ? Also the supposed fix to Lure #6 didnt take and introduced even more errors. Just great. How about Canada they still being sent to EU ? I mean crap there so many outdated errors and new errors one cant keep up w/ them all. 

I second that, it's hard to believe on what we are dealing with. Is very frustrating for all of us. Yet, they don't care.

"Has it been that long? Yes."
Message 233 of 257 (26 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28369 posts

Home Beta

Jan 15, 2010

The Management Team has informed us many times. The problem is a few loud posters have not seen (or refused to have seen) the responses and have chosen to continue posting rude and negative comments no matter what has been posted. They (the loud posters) in turn stir up others who in turn respond to the replies rather than reading and understanding the post from Management.

Home is in beta. There it is plain and simple. I never thought I would say that, but I felt that I have to remind people of this. This is something many people tend to overlook. Home is in beta and we are the volunteer testers of that beta.  Please read the

PlayStation®Home Open Beta Agreement which explains our part in this beta. Please realise that our purpose in being beta testers is to find errors and glitches and to report them to our Home Managers. They in turn will forward our discoveries to the Developers. We all agreed to be testers of Home Beta when we clicked on "I accept" of that agreement. We are the ones who will help shape Home when it is finally removed from beta.

If someone does not care to participate in the open beta phase of Home, they are certainly free to cease their part in this test. They can wait until all of the testing is done and Home is finally out of beta before they return to the community.

The beta that we are participating is very unique. Not only are changes being made based on our input, but SCEA and SCE are creating items and clothing to help make our testing of Home a more enjoyable experience for all of us. If anyone comes into this beta expecting Home Beta to run like a fully realised and complte version of Home, then they did not understand the agreement that they had accepted when signing on. That isn't anyone's fault but their own. I suggest that we all reread the Ageement to get a better picture of our part in this test period of Home.

SCE and SCEA are doing their best by working with all regions to create a final version of Home. They need our input in order to accomplish this. The clearer the information we provide, the faster Home will finally be out of beta. By just posting two word comments and insults will not help. Do you think that big car manufacturers (or any development team) find such comments from their testers as being helpful? How does "This car sucks!" and "Fire the designers!" help to make Chevrolet create a better car? I doesn't.

So reread the PlayStation®Home Open Beta Agreement to better understand our pupose in this phase of Home. Maybe with understanding it we will feel better about Home Beta and our participation in it.

Or maybe not.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 234 of 257 (26 Views)
Fender Bender
3898 posts

Re: Home Beta

Jan 15, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

Please realise that our purpose in being beta testers is to find errors and glitches and to report them to our Home Managers. They in turn will forward our discoveries to the Developers. We all agreed to be testers of Home Beta when we clicked on "I accept" of that agreement. We are the ones who will help shape Home when it is finally removed from beta.

And that is exactly what this thread is doing. You can't defend the staff all of the time ya know as they have made errors themselves and we report them. Isn't that in itself "beta testing"?

As long as there's premium (paid) content in this beta, the "It's a beta" line  does not fly anymore. It seriously does irk me that you have not said one negative thing about Home which raises

some flags with me. It's just not normal for a person to be ALL positive about this and still call themselves beta testers; because even experienced beta tester sees flaws.

Message 235 of 257 (26 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Jan 15, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

Do you think that big car manufacturers (or any development team) find such comments from their testers as being helpful? How does "This car sucks!" and "Fire the designers!" help to make Chevrolet create a better car? I doesn't..

Or maybe not.

Actually it does help. Don't all companies want feedback so they can provide a better product? Sounds like you are asking people to candy coat their criticism.
Message 236 of 257 (26 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Jan 15, 2010

Blazeking wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

Please realise that our purpose in being beta testers is to find errors and glitches and to report them to our Home Managers. They in turn will forward our discoveries to the Developers. We all agreed to be testers of Home Beta when we clicked on "I accept" of that agreement. We are the ones who will help shape Home when it is finally removed from beta.

And that is exactly what this thread is doing. You can't defend the staff all of the time ya know as they have made errors themselves and we report them. Isn't that in itself "beta testing"?

As long as there's premium (paid) content in this beta, the "It's a beta" line  does not fly anymore. It seriously does irk me that you have not said one negative thing about Home which raises

some flags with me. It's just not normal for a person to be ALL positive about this and still call themselves beta testers; because even experienced beta tester sees flaws.

Agreed, i've said it before i believe Conrad has ulterior motives thats why he speaks the way he does. I'm no puppet.

I speak truth, good or bad, and i'm knot rude when it comes to matters w/ leaders.I hope you're werent talking about me when you say "loud members". Just a heads up Conrad i think they'r doing a good job of trying to erase such "loud members". The problem i have is who they consider to be loud, sometimes it boils down to unhappy people that arent malicious, they just want to oust em cause they make the leaders look bad. Truth hurts sometimes, suck it up, get over it.

Message Edited by Shadyknot on 01-15-2010 02:53 PM
Message Edited by Shadyknot on 01-15-2010 02:55 PM
Photobucket
Message 237 of 257 (26 Views)
Fender Bender
2680 posts

Jan 15, 2010

Robeast-78R wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

Do you think that big car manufacturers (or any development team) find such comments from their testers as being helpful? How does "This car sucks!" and "Fire the designers!" help to make Chevrolet create a better car? I doesn't..

Or maybe not.

Actually it does help. Don't all companies want feedback so they can provide a better product? Sounds like you are asking people to candy coat their criticism.

While I agree in most part to Conrad Max's post, I also believe that complaining/commenting negatively/etc (no matter the language) does help. It show SONY someone ain't happy.

Does it help to be specific? Sure does.

Does it help to be polite? Hmmm... maybe.

Does it help to get post angrily? Dunno'. Ask SONY.

Here's a link found within Conrad's link to the HOME Open Beta link. http://www.us.playstation.com/termsofuse

It has TOS for other parts of SONY including some specific games. 

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 238 of 257 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
609 posts

Jan 15, 2010
Seeing as how he wants 2 talk about car companies. Wen they or ne company make a product. They test it out first on a very small group. Working men housewives,young adults, all which they would consider th norms. They take the feedback, yes even negative feedback, & make changes accordingly untill. Thats wat a closed beta was for. Wen the final product is realised its then manufactured & advertised & released 4 sale to the public. Not "hey heres the final product we think will work, but if it doesnt to bad u already sighnd the lease". If sumthing is wrong w a car u get ur $$ back or a trade-in 4 a wrking item. This whole "its a beta" thing went out the window the min. they opened it up to the masses & started charging $$ to enhance ur experience. If sumthing goes wrong w a car, the company sends out a factory release notice & tells u wats wrong & how 2 get it replaced. Which obviously we do not have here. Hiding behind the Beta tag is the cowards way out.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 239 of 257 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1501 posts

Jan 15, 2010

GenomeGirl_33 wrote:
Hiding behind the Beta tag is the cowards way out.

i dont know if they're hiding behind it as much as they're obviously knot ready to remove it.

Photobucket
Message 240 of 257 (26 Views)