Highlighted
Jan 18 2010
By: fuzzyclutter I Only Post Everything 980 posts

The Nature of home : what people should have read... but skipped .

26 replies 21 views Edited Jan 18, 2010
" We give no warranty about the quality, functionality, availability, completeness, accuracy or performance of PlayStation®Home or any content and services available via PlayStation®Home. " We provide PlayStation®Home AS IS without any warranties and representations of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose, or non-infringement. We do not guarantee PlayStation®Home will always be available or error free. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all direct and indirect, special, consequential damages and liability, including liability for loss of data or unauthorised access to data and for damage caused to your software or hardware as a result of using or accessing PlayStation®Home. Your sole, exclusive remedy is to stop using PlayStation®Home and cease participation in PlayStation®Home. PlayStation®Home is in beta. From time to time during the beta we may modify PlayStation®Home and related content, services and software automatically and without notice. Modifications may cause loss of data or content and loss of function or utility. You hereby authorise us to make all such modifications and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we are not liable for any loss of data, content, function or utility. This is why Iam still having fun despite the flaws . I read the TOS completly and knew what i was getting myself into from the very beginning . Now you will have to excuse me , I have some beta testing to do , and have fun doing it at the same time .
" As much as I would like for people to communicate and use their mics it will never happen. Party chat insured that. " - as stated in a xbox forum concerning with cross game chat ruining team oriented gaming..... becarefull what you wish for .
Message 1 of 27 (21 Views)
Wastelander
835 posts

Re: The Nature of home : what people should have read... but skipped .

Jan 18, 2010
Part of being a beta tester is to report bugs and issues, which Home has plenty of. I too have fun regardless, but I don't ignore the obvious flaws.
Message Edited by MidnightxMenace on 01-17-2010 06:50 PM
Photobucket
Message 2 of 27 (21 Views)
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Jan 18, 2010
The law is above their terms of service, sorry. 
Message 3 of 27 (21 Views)
Fender Bender
2897 posts

Jan 18, 2010
This really does make you look at things differently when actually considering the ToS. Perhaps that's why many of us appear to be "out there" with the many criticisms... Oh well, despite the fact that we're technicaly testing, it's those complainers that will make things better for us in the end. Our job is to point out as many flaws as we can anyway.
Message 4 of 27 (21 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Jan 18, 2010
kudos
home-watch.blogspot.com
Message 5 of 27 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
980 posts

Jan 18, 2010
ADAMPwns wrote " The law is above their terms of service, sorry. "
please extrapolate further . what specific laws ? and please provide links .
" As much as I would like for people to communicate and use their mics it will never happen. Party chat insured that. " - as stated in a xbox forum concerning with cross game chat ruining team oriented gaming..... becarefull what you wish for .
Message 6 of 27 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Jan 18, 2010

fuzzyclutter wrote:
ADAMPwns wrote " The law is above their terms of service, sorry. "
please extrapolate further . what specific laws ? and please provide links .
I'm not a lawyer, nor am I in school for law, but.. I'm pretty sure any, though it may depend on the case.  Particularly if we're paying for something we're not receiving. 

Message 7 of 27 (21 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Jan 18, 2010

Great post and something many should keep in mind.

Happy Home Days to you all always!

Message 8 of 27 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Jan 18, 2010

ADAMPwns wrote:
The law is above their terms of service, sorry. 
Exactly.. we paid for products.. and never got them...  We paid for products that don't work..  and we get NO support here..  So yes.. the law will prevail.  Sorry to say to the OP.  They have a responsibility to it's customers.. and I mean.. what judge would throw out a case base on that.. if that was a case every company would do that.. and all the consumers would be just handing out money.. No.. that TOS section FAILS.. and when this goes to court, and I'm sure it will..  Sony will lose.. and will at the least have to refund the purchase price.

Message 9 of 27 (21 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Jan 18, 2010
EULAs are meaningless. Did you guys miss that case? If anyone took them to court over home the EULA would do absolutely nothing. 

Conspiracy:Walkthrough.

Message 10 of 27 (21 Views)
0 Likes