Wastelander
609 posts

Re: The Nature of home : what people should have read... But skipped .

Jan 18, 2010
Wow just read up on th legal history. Very good point IRMacGuyver. Kudo's. 4 Ne1 that wants to learn sumthn search : Bragg v. Linden Lab
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: The Nature of home : what people should have read... but skipped .

Jan 18, 2010
Makes me not want to spend money. lol in retrospect, the stuff i have bought gets old in days.
Message 22 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Re: The Nature of home : what people should have read... but skipped .

Jan 18, 2010

Only time I had an issue was the "do-rags" early on...bought it and never received it. Called Sony...got a redeem code...fixed...

Half hour of my time for a $0.49 virtual item...worth it???...only on principle.

I just wonder what happens when it's no longer a BETA??? Or if it fails completely etc...

I think of it more in terms of a collecting game more than a social app for myself...I have a few friends

on Home...but I really like the collecting and decorating of spaces more. Some of the mini-games are fun

but I find I spend more time in the personal spaces so I hope that it at least goes to disc at some point

so I can keep the stuff I have purchased.

BTW...I would like my missing reward items back...

Resistance 2/4 Barrels Of Fury Stuff & Siren Alcove...

Plus, I swear I bought a couple of the Waterfall Terrace Items...Coat Rack/Telescope that I didn't

get...but I never received a receipt...so I can't be for sure...but I swear I thought I did...I keep all

my receipts for Home...and I just don't recall.

Message Edited by OPTIMYSPRYME on 01-18-2010 02:55 AM
Message 23 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
980 posts

Jan 19, 2010
IRMacGuyver wrote " To those that don't know about TOSs being thrown out in court you should check out the legal history of Second Life. "
I gave you a kudo because Im glad you brought up that point . Your right ... everything that can be litigated against in a court of law , can be . However , the second life TOS is the second life TOS BTW : the judge didnt throw out the TOS , he just determined that the TOS did not apply to that situation ( a failure on second life lawyers behalf to account for that in the TOS ) . The @home TOS is @homes TOS , and whatever happens to second lifes court arbitration has no across the board bearing on TOS 's of seperate entity's across country . in a country where law is law untill a judge or an act of congress says otherwise , so is a contract , which is what a TOS is . We dont get the luxury of determining when or if a contract is valid or not outside of a court of law . We as users have a RESPONSIBILITY to Read and to understand the TOS , then to determine whether the terms are something we agree to and if we do not then we have to click " do not agree " and not use the software .

Despite legalities , my main intent of the post was to point out that the TOS describes the nature of using this software and presented an opportunity for people to say "no" . it did not make any warranties whatsoever . and presented a clearly distinctive " Do not agree " button . untill if a court of law says otherwise , The TOS is a binding contract .

" As much as I would like for people to communicate and use their mics it will never happen. Party chat insured that. " - as stated in a xbox forum concerning with cross game chat ruining team oriented gaming..... becarefull what you wish for .
Message 24 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5451 posts

Jan 19, 2010

fuzzyclutter wrote:
IRMacGuyver wrote " To those that don't know about TOSs being thrown out in court you should check out the legal history of Second Life. "
I gave you a kudo because Im glad you brought up that point . Your right ... everything that can be litigated against in a court of law , can be . However , the second life TOS is the second life TOS BTW : the judge didnt throw out the TOS , he just determined that the TOS did not apply to that situation ( a failure on second life lawyers behalf to account for that in the TOS ) . The @home TOS is @homes TOS , and whatever happens to second lifes court arbitration has no across the board bearing on TOS 's of seperate entity's across country . in a country where law is law untill a judge or an act of congress says otherwise , so is a contract , which is what a TOS is . We dont get the luxury of determining when or if a contract is valid or not outside of a court of law . We as users have a RESPONSIBILITY to Read and to understand the TOS , then to determine whether the terms are something we agree to and if we do not then we have to click " do not agree " and not use the software .

Despite legalities , my main intent of the post was to point out that the TOS describes the nature of using this software and presented an opportunity for people to say "no" . it did not make any warranties whatsoever . and presented a clearly distinctive " Do not agree " button . untill if a court of law says otherwise , The TOS is a binding contract .

I'm sorry Fuzzy, but now you're just being defensive about this. A few of us have already pointed out a sentence within Home's ToS that says it is not above the law, and now Second life's court battle has been shown to you proving that the ToS will not save Sony if someone takes action against them. 

Look... I'm not saying this to offend you or anyone else here that may agree with you. Though Home is a virtual world, it is still a community of real people who have legitimate concerns and valid complaints. I know it sounds cheesy, but if we can't unite as a community to let Sony know this is not the right way to handle this application and the community that frequents it, this will just continue to be an issue.

Message 25 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Jan 19, 2010
Fuzzy, even betas have a bit more quality then what is given with ps3@home. As well as it doesnt take them as long as it does on home to fix what needs to be fixed. And here's another good point to think about - how meny other BETA's makes you spend real money on vl stuff, mmmm?  
Message 26 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3169 posts

Jan 21, 2010

Amir29 wrote:

fuzzyclutter wrote:

I'm sorry Fuzzy, but now you're just being defensive about this. A few of us have already pointed out a sentence within Home's ToS that says it is not above the law, and now Second life's court battle has been shown to you proving that the ToS will not save Sony if someone takes action against them. 

Look... I'm not saying this to offend you or anyone else here that may agree with you. Though Home is a virtual world, it is still a community of real people who have legitimate concerns and valid complaints. I know it sounds cheesy, but if we can't unite as a community to let Sony know this is not the right way to handle this application and the community that frequents it, this will just continue to be an issue.

Wow what a great point... thats the thing, it is a community, We are what makes up HOME... please everyone remember, most likely, even the programers and the ones who wrote the TOS are HOME users... they are trying their best... something like this takes lots of work and dedication, just imagin if they all of a sudden got pissed off and desided to drop the whole project? Now wouldn't that Suck... YET THEY HAVEN'T... Even after all the Pit Falls... Kudos to Them... so don't get upset, participate and help them, we need to be a part and let them know so they can make it better... thats what HOME is all about... forget that and HOME will be nothing but a crappy comic

Message Edited by shungokusatsu on 01-20-2010 04:56 PM
Photobucket
Message 27 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes