Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: The Walking Dead Home

Apr 25, 2013
I would like to watch video but cant.

Walking dead is awesome but american horror story takes it.
Lana!
- Restless Dreams.
Message 31 of 68 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Apr 25, 2013

I wasn't able to view the video sadly.

Even though I was logged into Youtube, like most of the time.

I actually would enjoy TWD on PlayStation Home. I'm a big zombie fan, and I think after the success of Dead Island promotion on Home.

We could always use some more zombies.

Message 32 of 68 (195 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Apr 25, 2013
jeez stardust...i have this image of you in my head...you wear a tophat and a monocle and fancy white gloves...is there ANYTHING you don't look down thru your nostrils at?
Message 33 of 68 (179 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

How many TWD fans here?

One of the few things worse than derivative television shows are fans of derivative television shows.

Upon first watching The Walking Dead, I presumed its failings were due to the source material (another stupid comic book). But after suffering through a few episodes in seasons two and three at the behest of friends, it's clear the writers are a gang of witless hacks slinging slop to the masses. it's gimmicky melodrama that barely qualifies as postapocalyptic fiction. Remove the zombies, and the show would wobble into a ditch barn to fester.

Thankfully the only chance this twaddle has of being on Home is from geeks so obsessed with it that they make fan videos. For once Youtube censorship pays off.

The great thing about TV is that is has different channels, so if you dont like something you dont need to watch it.

Similarly, why did you have to feel the need to critisize those of us that do enjoy it, when wouldnt it be far simpler for you to not say anything, or indeed not click on this thread, as you quite clearly dont like TWD, and it clearly states the subject in the title, and allow us that do enjoy it to chat about it.

Because the quality of the show is poor, and I'm pleased it has no presence on Home.

i see your words, but all im reading is this:

I can understand how it might come off as that way, but my motivation is more along the lines of:

STOP ENCOURAGING BAD WRITING

If there's no audience for trash lke Lost, The Walking Dead, Firefly, Continuum, etc., there will be no sponsors. Television producers will develop better shows from better writers. The scripts are out there, but they're usually passed over for gimmicky garbage that appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Why eat McDonald's when you could have châteaubriand?

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 34 of 68 (178 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Apr 25, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

How many TWD fans here?

One of the few things worse than derivative television shows are fans of derivative television shows.

Upon first watching The Walking Dead, I presumed its failings were due to the source material (another stupid comic book). But after suffering through a few episodes in seasons two and three at the behest of friends, it's clear the writers are a gang of witless hacks slinging slop to the masses. it's gimmicky melodrama that barely qualifiies as postapocalyptic fiction. Remove the zombies, and the show would wobble into a ditch barn to fester.

Thankfully the only chance this twaddle has of being on Home is from geeks so obsessed with it that they make fan videos. For once Youtube censorship pays off.

The great thing about TV is that is has different channels, so if you dont like something you dont need to watch it.

Similarly, why did you have to feel the need to critisize those of us that do enjoy it, when wouldnt it be far simpler for you to not say anything, or indeed not click on this thread, as you quite clearly dont like TWD, and it clearly states the subject in the title, and allow us that do enjoy it to chat about it.

Because the quality of the show is poor, and I'm pleased it has no presence on Home.

i see your words, but all im reading is this:

I can understand how it might come off as that way, but my motivation is more along the lines of:

STOP ENCOURAGING BAD WRITING

If there's no audience for trash lke Lost, The Walking Dead, Firefly, Contiuum, etc., there will be no sponsors. Television producers will develop better shows from better writers. The scripts are out there, but they're usually passed over for gimmicky garbage that appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Why eat McDonald's when you could have châteaubriand?

how did i know you were one of those people.

pretty edgy though, bro; hating on what is popular.

Message 35 of 68 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Apr 25, 2013

I'm not "hating on what's popular."

I dislike anything that's poorly written, regardless of how popular it might be. If you'd like an explanation as to why Lost was a bad show, we can continue it in PM; but, let's avoid being rude to Jersquall by getting off topic. Back to the Walking Dead...

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 36 of 68 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 25, 2013

So, T-30 minutes on the revised upload. No longer has content that include ''18 miles out'' so how did TWD do on it's season 3 finale? The show has great writers and actors and has grown every year in viewers.

''The Walking Dead Season 3 finale was watched by 12.4 million viewers last night on AMC. That and the 8.1 million the zombie drama drew in the adults 18-49 demographic were highs for the series. Written by now-departed showrunner Glen Mazzara, the finale on Sunday was up from the 9 million viewers who watched the show’s Season 2 finale last March. The series’ viewership last night and 18-49 result topped both the night and the week in total viewers and the demo. The Walking Dead pulled in 10.2 million viewers for its midseason finale December 2 last year. The record-breaking series garnered 12.3 million viewers for its February 11 Season 3 winter return, with 6.8 million in the 18-49 demo. Those numbers had been series highs.''

HomeStationMagazine
Message 37 of 68 (157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 25, 2013

If you're a Walking Dead fan, you really want to own the Season 3 Special Edition on Blu-Ray. I saw the prototype case at Toy Fair in February, and it will blow your mind. Without saying too much, it features The Governor's "collection."

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 38 of 68 (142 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 25, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

If you're a Walking Dead fan, you really want to own the Season 3 Special Edition on Blu-Ray. I saw the prototype case at Toy Fair in February, and it will blow your mind. Without saying too much, it features The Governor's "collection."

Nice! You have my attention. Season 2 retractable screwdriver blew the Walkers mind Smiley Tongue

HomeStationMagazine
Message 39 of 68 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Apr 25, 2013
Not trying to be off topic, but if any Lost fans bought the full box set that came with the Island, you can turn the Island, and if you line up the Ankh symbols the Island will open up and reveal a hidden Blu-ray Disc.

I had it for about 2 years before I found out after someone told me.
Message 40 of 68 (116 Views)