Apr 23 2013
By: Shadow-Runner Survivor 2039 posts

There IS An Antifreeze

[ Edited ]
68 replies 1034 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

*EDITED OUT CODES DUE TO PEOPLES DELICATE SENSIBILITIES*

The first time I posted this thread, I included my source...which apparently got the entire thread deleted. Or maybe it was the DNS codes I posted. Idk...IDK why it's such a big deal either way, but noone including not one MOD has even bothered to provide any feedback on WHY my source or the DNS codes are not allowed to be seen on these forums. Typical -_-

The intent behind this thread, is to provide people with the means to PREVENT their PS3's from being frozen by freezers on Home. 

If they continue to remove this thread, it tells me ONE thing and ONE thing only....

"They dont WANT you to know about this, and they dont WANT you using this method. In short, they dont WANT you to be able to use whatever means NECESSARY, to protect you and your PS3 or its HDD from being frozen, fried or damaged in ANY way."

At least, thats the impression IM getting. Good luck everyone! If my efforts continue to be met with resistance by the people who run these forums..then I will take my cause and spread it by word of mouth ON HOME, in messages, in PM's and any other method I can utilise at my disposal. They wanna censor information here, fine...but they wont stop me from trying to HELP GOOD PEOPLE!

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 1 of 69 (1,034 Views)
MVP Support
9310 posts

Re: There IS An Antifreeze

Apr 23, 2013

Like i said before is not worth the risk you don't know if they can steal your password and email i believe they took the thread down so other users don't try it and don't get themselves in trouble

KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 69 (1,026 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

It is a big deal posting a DSN proxy and encouraging users to risk their account information. The thread was deleted for a reason and creating a new thread for a previously deleted one isn't going to win you any points with moderation.

Using the proxy server of someone you don't know is reckless and you shouldn't be advocating that here. It's pretty simple. Don't give access to your Home computer network to potential hackers. 

Message 3 of 69 (1,025 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

Apr 23, 2013
Some DNS servers aren't secure, I can't verify but thanks for trying to help regardless.
Message 4 of 69 (1,023 Views)
MVP Support
14372 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

I wouldn't want to use that anti-freeze method because of the potiential consequences of what would happen to our IP addresses should we blindly use it without carefully thinking. 

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 5 of 69 (1,004 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Apr 23, 2013
As with anything in life, of course theres a minimal risk to using DNS proxy's. I expected people to use a little common sense with that.

The choice was ultimately up to the user. But at least it was a choice between doing absolutely nothing....and taking a risk on SOMETHING!

But hey, if this is how the community feels about it, thats cool. Im not gonna be frozen anymore, tho. I know the risks, and I've taken them before in the past as I am right now.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 6 of 69 (997 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

Shadow...what I dont think you realize is the IP the DNS is pointed to is using a program called Simple DNS on an Apache Server.

To cut to the chase anyone with a PC can set up an Apache Server with Simple DNS in under 5 minutes.

By pointing to that DNS your IP, mac addy, and ISP are logged which basically leaves your internet  connection itself exposed and quite unsecure for peer to peer attacks or DDOS attacks.

You never know who is on the other end of a DNS and this is why they are removing it. Its just not safe to suggest to people to add this to their PS3 settings.

Oh and by the way..the new method theyre using to freeze circumvents a lot of DNS IP's

Message 7 of 69 (994 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:
As with anything in life, of course theres a minimal risk to using DNS proxy's. I expected people to use a little common sense with that.

The choice was ultimately up to the user. But at least it was a choice between doing absolutely nothing....and taking a risk on SOMETHING!

But hey, if this is how the community feels about it, thats cool. Im not gonna be frozen anymore, tho. I know the risks, and I've taken them before in the past as I am right now.

OH there is minimal risk according to you. I feel so much better. Seriously I'm can sleep now given my IP and Home network are in the hands of someone I don't know and who can access whatever they like on my home network including any login information I use for all my social sites and online banking and so on.

Wonderful. 

Message 8 of 69 (986 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Go to a freezer hotspot and see if it works, Shadow.

I don't care about the paranoia of using DNS codes, I'm more concerned with whether the codes even work or not.

Message 9 of 69 (967 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Apr 23, 2013

That DNS IP is old also

Message 10 of 69 (958 Views)
0 Likes