Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Re: This Should Shed Some Light On Home's Future

May 1, 2013

I am not convinced Sony managers are any more professional and upfront with its 3rd party folks, than they are with customers.  I am not real sure, the managers even know as much as they elude they do, on the plans, goings on or even day to day operations.  

Sony will keep carrots dangling for customers, and 3rd party to keep investing and giving them money right up until the second they pull the plug on anything, including home.

Even if they said home specificly was going to be on ps4, or a sony rep said it and even showed screen shots. Until it happens, nothing is remotely certain.  

Sony has said ps3 has a few years of support left at least, so home is ps3 safe for now, as long as the cash is coming in it will be.

Doubtful the bulk of day one ps4 buyers, will be home users. I dont plan on getting a ps4 fat, after witnessing this cycle playing out.  

Sony isnt big on giving stats and information on much of anything.  Developers go guessing and investing heavily in ps4 too soon, or chasing a carrot, and sony will just step over them and keep on going as they fall.

Message 11 of 28 (317 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 1, 2013

This could mean anything with the whole "PS4" Evil Tree are not just permanent PlayStation Home developers. They could be working on an actual title for the PS4, all I do know is I hope Home does come to PS4 and they ramp up the graphics, considering the PS4 will be rocking the x86 AMD's 8 core processor inside the actual machine with 8GB's of RAM. So hopefully the physics will finally shed some light on home once PS4 is out. The Havok engine is great, but we're in half way through 2013 already they need to start using an engine something like the new Frostebite 3 engine what Battlefield 4 will be using, just downgraded a tad.

Message 12 of 28 (282 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14138 posts

May 1, 2013

I see Evil Tree Studios is helping the Home community grow and still do. I bet it will be intersting for all of us Home users when it makes its way to the PS4. Thanks for the info about it, ILLUMIN-X.

I guess we don't have to worry about Home's fate anymore whether or not it will be on the PS4.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 13 of 28 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

May 1, 2013
:^/ The exact wording is ambiguous enough that it could be read either way. Still, I want Home on PS4....
Message 14 of 28 (250 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 1, 2013

You know, at this point Kaz Hirai could come out and say, "Home will be on the PS4" and there would be people here who'd argue against it.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 15 of 28 (247 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

May 1, 2013

LOL..yor right hearit..I don't get it either..i just laugh,...Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 16 of 28 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

May 1, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

You know, at this point Kaz Hirai could come out and say, "Home will be on the PS4" and there would be people here who'd argue against it.

Depends if it's the joke Hirai account on Twitter Smiley Tongue he's one cool cat.

Hmm, I really want to take this post from Evil Tree Studios in black and white. Bear in mind a lot of developers for Home are also working on apps or have worked on apps for mobile and consoles. This post could be the best news we've had so far or it could mean nothing at all about Home's future.

I've got an idea. If we all put in requests for content relating only to Home if it were on the PS4 you'll soon know exactly what their statement meant.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 17 of 28 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

May 1, 2013

Well then it kinda defeats the purpose of them asking what we would like in Home then wouldnt it ?

Message 18 of 28 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Well then it kinda defeats the purpose of them asking what we would like in Home then wouldnt it ?

No not really. Home works just fine on the PS3 and there's no confirmed plans of shutting it down on there. They might simply be working on apps and media for the PS4 while working primarily on Home content for PS3.

What you'd basically be doing is fishing for answers with genuine requests by putting in Home PS4 requests. The answer you get back from them would paint a clearer picture if they meant Home for PS3 or beyond the PS3. I guess you're right though, if you mean Home's future in general they've pretty much confirmed Home has a future of some kind. At least my 2 year prediction is looking pessimistic Smiley Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 19 of 28 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

May 1, 2013

That could easily mean that Evil Tree will be working on a standalone game on the PS4.  It's too ambiguous...

Message 20 of 28 (172 Views)