Apr 22 2013
By: MeIpoe_ Lombax Warrior 113 posts

To Those Who Were Banned And Complain...

[ Edited ]
142 replies 7998 views Edited Apr 22, 2013

Yeah, yeah. I know. Another topic about the banning. Look, I was permanently banned for the "exploitation of Home under it's TOS". I have many friends who were banned and for the most part they've taken it like adults. To those who haven't, please shut it. There are people who actually think they're victims in all this. It honestly blows my mind how stupid people are sometimes. "I was banned for just merging, not fair!" Oh give me a **bleep** break. Can you be this idiotic?  Is that really your excuse? 

Just stop complaining or acting as if you're some victim. You're not. You broke the rules and were punished. Wanna start getting into the justification of getting perma banned? Well don't, cause Home moderators made their decision so it's absolutely pointless.  Now, with that said, there is one thing I think people should look at in all this.  Those who have clearly exploited regional items weren't permanently banned. Now if you wish to complain about anything, complain about that. Not that you were wrongly banned, cause you weren't, but that the Home moderators showed favoritism towards a group of exploiters who do take up a large portion of Home and it's revenue. It's unprofessional of them to ban a few under the category of "exploitation" then turn a blind eye to others. It's not about which is worse, like I'm sure some will argue "Oh, but freezers are worse than regional item exploiters" and etc. 

The home moderators had to follow their Terms of Service during this banning, they chose to break their own rules and not put the hammer down on those who have clearly exploited items (regional ones, since it's 100%  proof that it's exploited onto the NA servers). Is favoritism illegal? No, the Home moderators can do whatever they want, but it is certainly unfair business practice and just unprofessional. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 143 (7,998 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Re: To Those Who Were Banned And Complain...

Apr 22, 2013
*Applauds* Well said! ^_^
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 2 of 143 (7,985 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9499 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Melpoe I actually agree with you here on one thing and thats exploitation is exploitation. Whether its DDosing, freezing, merging, hacking, ISEing, IDEing, using Xploder, whatever. If its against the TOS maybe not now, but one day it will probably catch up to you. One isnt 'worth' more than the other, or at least shouldbt be. If its against TOS, you should take it like a man and accept the consequences for whatever ban you may receive. When you roll the dice you take that chance. The whole ddosing is worse than freezing which in turn is worse than freezing argument is a moot point. Sony can and *should* inforce the terms equally at least, and not shelter some while others are exempt.
Support Forums
Message 3 of 143 (7,976 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Hopefully they aren't done with the bans. One can hope it's only the beginning of dealing with those who merge, freeze servers and ddos accounts. Just so happy to see management acting for once. The whole issue of feeling empowered because Sony won't do anything is over it appears. 

Message 4 of 143 (7,971 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 22, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Melpoe I actually agree with you here on one thing and thats exploitation is exploitation. Whether its DDosing, freezing, merging, hacking, ISEing, IDEing, using Xploder, whatever. If its against the TOS maybe not now, but one day it will probably catch up to you. One isnt 'worth' more than the other, or at least shouldbt be. If its against TOS, you should take it like a man and accept the consequences for whatever ban you may receive. When you roll the dice you take that chance. The whole ddosing is worse than freezing which in turn is worse than freezing argument is a moot point. Sony can and *should* inforce the terms equally at least, and not shelter some while others are exempt.
YES! It's about **bleep** time someone has agreed with me on this. Haha. I'm sure some people are acting very smug over those of us who've  received a ban when they hang with people who do exploit items, or better, they themselves have exploited items. I hope people do realize that if the Home moderators are going to inforce the rules, inforce it just as you said, smoking. To not do so and show favoritism is very unprofessional. You are right though, perhaps in the future things may change, but you know what? That's not good enough.
When the Home moderators decided to mass perma ban accounts, they should've included those who were caught wearing regional exploited items. 

Message 5 of 143 (7,965 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Hopefully they aren't done with the bans. One can hope it's only the beginning of dealing with those who merge, freeze servers and ddos accounts. Just so happy to see management acting for once. The whole issue of feeling empowered because Sony won't do anything is over it appears. 

I've seen you hanging around those who have exploited regional items, Jo jo. Are you telling me you agree with my complaint and would be willing to accept the banning of those people?

Message 6 of 143 (7,963 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

MeIpoe_ wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I've seen you hanging around those who have exploited regional items, Jo jo. Are you telling me you agree with my complaint and would be willing to accept the banning of those people?

Are you talking about ISE? I don't believe those users should be permabanned. I do believe Sony needs to patch the issue however to stop it especially since some of those items require a purchase to win them. I'm against those who freeze and think it's fine. Those are the users who deserve to be punished.  

Message 7 of 143 (7,714 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6533 posts

Apr 22, 2013

MeIpoe_ wrote:

Home moderators showed favoritism towards a group of exploiters who do take up a large portion of Home and it's revenue. . 

Who is this group you speak of? Do tell.

Message 8 of 143 (7,475 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

MeIpoe_ wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Are you talking about ISE? I'm don't believe those users should be permabanned. I do believe Sony needs to patch the issue however to stop it. I'm against those who freeze and think it's fine. Those are the users who deserve to be punished.  

So let me get this straight.. You think it's fair for the HOme moderators to permanently ban people who merge, freeze, perhaps simply use sdns to prevent freezing... BUT you are A-OKAY with people who either had others or themselves put items not licensed to be in this region on their account(s), to be exempted from a perma ban? Haha. Joanna, that's just silly. You do realize they have exploited the servers, right? That if others get banned for the category of "exploitation" then they should too. It's only fair.

You also stated you think people shouldn't be banned for iseing, but that it should be patched? Well why not say the same thing for merges? Are people who merge really that bad? Do you assume everyone that merges froze the servers? Shouldn't they get your special little opinionated treatment of "they should patch it, but not punish them". Give me a break.

Message 9 of 143 (7,098 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

MeIpoe_ wrote:

Home moderators showed favoritism towards a group of exploiters who do take up a large portion of Home and it's revenue. . 

Who is this group you speak of? Do tell.

Maybe if you read my original post you could've put two and two togetther that I refer to those who have regional items on their accounts, items that shouldn't be in the NA servers.

Message 10 of 143 (6,888 Views)
0 Likes