I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: Tribute/Glasswalls -Cade replies #166

Jun 19, 2013

yes, that's the one. now why would a home dev, make a knock off of home, if they thought for a second that home was going to ps4? that would be like sony making another "thing" like home.

c'mon.

just be the last thing i ever say "i told you so" when it comes to home.

jack buser gets reassigned, glasswalls goes bye bye, and home devs start looking to make revenue in post home world.

if you can think of any other reason these series of events would occur, i'd love to hear it. it's ok, i can wait

Message 231 of 241 (639 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Re: Tribute/ Goodbye Glasswalls

Jun 19, 2013

Smiley Sad noo Cade being gone is no fun....this sucks. Hope he's doing well though.

Message 232 of 241 (623 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

Dj_Tenchu wrote:

yes, that's the one. now why would a home dev, make a knock off of home, if they thought for a second that home was going to ps4? that would be like sony making another "thing" like home.

c'mon.

just be the last thing i ever say "i told you so" when it comes to home.

jack buser gets reassigned, glasswalls goes bye bye, and home devs start looking to make revenue in post home world.

if you can think of any other reason these series of events would occur, i'd love to hear it. it's ok, i can wait

Great song for when you are feeling depressed perhaps, but improper placement. It's off-topic anyhow.

I'm responding only to hopefully quench the 'home future' insanity, please do not continue it in this thread after this.

N for those who do read my threads, yes I started a thread called 'Shame on you', which, mind you, was about Sony not officially talking about Home's future at E3. However, after much thought, n conversations with friends n others, I am at the same conclusion as many: *We just don't know yet*

I don't care if you sleep with a first-party developer that works for Sony n they snore out things about Home's future. *No individual person is going to know the fate of Home's future for sure now or perhaps even several months, to a year from now*. It isn't any individual person's decision for one, second it's much more complicated than we could be aware of.

'Never in any E3 was Home mentioned', one of my friends pointed out. 'Why would Sony start now"? 'Maybe because of the PS4?', I thought. Still, Home is likely going to be a work in progress for some time to come.

I think it's possible that we will be able to play it via a PS4 right at the PS4's launch. Sony would like to keep the revenue, anything is better than nothing from those who upgrade to new platforms n don't look back.

But I believe it is much more likely that Home will continue only on the PS3 as Sony has the bugs tweaked out of it. Of course it will never be perfect on the PS3. When ready, when everything possible has been tweaked to the limit, then Home may become alpha on the PS4.

Home on the PS3 is it's testing grounds still. Home on the PS4 still has no final answer, as likely it is not ready, and Sony isn't gonna talk about it, they are just gonna do it when the time comes.

In the meantime, keep a PS3 to play Home and enjoy some of those breath-taking new games on the PS4!

I'm done commenting, replying or talking about this.

You know why? I sincerely believe the final answer is going to be a long wait. N anyone acting like they know the concrete end-results of Home, whether *yea* or *nay* is just spinning the anixety in your heads.

Not to say that showing your love for having Home on the PS4 isn't important, just don't let all the assumptions ruin Home now, k?

buckallmighty wrote:
If you have a twitter account join shadow runner in making sure you opinion is actually heard by the people who matter please.

#HomeOnPS4

n btw, thanks again for the years you spent devoted to PS Home, Cade.
This thread isn't about Home on the PS4, please keep it on topic from now on.
Sincerely, Missy
Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 233 of 241 (588 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jun 19, 2013
TL;DC glass walls was cooler as a mod. Then he became a self righteous **bleep** when he became a hcm. Cade and I go way back, so save your banter for a blog. I know what he did for home, which wasn't much, he just happily took credit in the eyes of the community of sycophants who thought praising him would get them somewhere. In the end it got them here, the end of their investment. Both monetarily and life suck wise.

The only thing that is a negative to all this is, what will the shut ins do without home, and their idol glass walls?

Also, leave the mini modding to those who have been doing it since closed beta, they do a better job. ^_~
Message 234 of 241 (534 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Looks like karma finally caught up to him.

Can't wait to see the fall of PlayStation Home. Heart

YB

Message 235 of 241 (460 Views)
Gaming Beast
1862 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I don't know Cade well, nor is he a close friend, but I think he was a great Community Manager. 

I remember when LAIR put on their first game in Home (we make ARG-like games within Home).  Our first date didn't draw very many people.  Cade saw our thread and, unbeknownst to us,  was Tweeting about it.  Then, the big shock came when we logged on and saw it publicized on the Message of the Day!  That really blew my mind, that he was that on top of the community, and wanted to help us out!

He didn't know any of us personally, he just saw some community members who wanted to make a little fun and encouraged it.  THAT'S what made him so great as a Community Manager!  He really cared about the community...

So, yes, I am sad he is leaving, but he'll have more time to travel, and it sounds like he has some pretty awesome summer plans already!

I too, hope he comes and visits us on his personal account - it just won't be the same without him. Smiley Sad

Message 236 of 241 (430 Views)
Survivor
2394 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I've ran into GlassWalls quite a bunch of times, but the last one was at the LittleBigPlanet space.  We played a game of the Derby thing (forgot the exact name) and I won.  Smiley Wink

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 237 of 241 (366 Views)
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Thanks for being a part of something I have gotten so much enjoyment from, PlayStation Home.

Always remember the good times!

Best wishes! Heart

Message 238 of 241 (317 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Jun 21, 2013
sorry. but can someone tell me why he left???? did he write a thread about it???? also i never saw him at home. make me think things were better when he was running things. so i hear.
Message 239 of 241 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 21, 2013

MsAliceCold wrote:
sorry. but can someone tell me why he left???? did he write a thread about it???? also i never saw him at home. make me think things were better when he was running things. so i hear.

He talks about it here on his blogspot.

http://caderageous.blogspot.com/

Message 240 of 241 (306 Views)