Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Re: Users with special "Crashing" powers!!

May 29, 2013

I can't believe there are people out there that don't believe that the freezers exist. Obviously they have never been confronted by these charming Family folk who think they are the law-givers of Home and anyone not agreeing with their policies and or not joining their Family must feel their wrath...

Sony had the problem fixed (for a short time) before..

Time for the Developers to go undercover and find out how wide spread the problem is again...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 24 (4,960 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

May 29, 2013
it's really not rocket science & i have doubts they could patch the way they are "freezing" people. from what i've seen it looks like it's simple DoS, they run PS HOME, filter their network traffic through IP snoopers, then find the IP ports being used by each user & ping it to death thus "freezing" the user when in reality they did nothing more than ping them off the server for a while. i have an old IGMP nuke that had roughly the same setup, you could set your target IP, the amount of packets & the length of attack i.e. nuke drops in 5 minutes & it would allow you drop say 50 billion packets at once or over a set timespan from say 3:30-3:45 denying access to a certain IP or crashing it. again there's no real hack to it, they're not gaining access to your PS3 & leaving code bombs that will say remotely shut it down or freeze. they're pinging you to death which in turn is too much for the ps3 to handle sometimes in PS HOME due to the high bandwidth & RAM needed to run HOME. because believe it or not these little games & spaces use ALOT of memory to run & stream every users detailed avatar etc. so yeah these guys aren't anything special just script kiddies who learned IP snooping software can watch their ps3. not to mention the fact that they run on blacklisted ISP's that allow DoS attacks through, sony doesn't have to find their code just a look at their ISP's.
Message 22 of 24 (4,947 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

May 29, 2013

msx293 wrote:

i'm sorry but i have to call all this a load of crap. i've been a near daily user of home since it opened and i have yet to see a single crash error or freeze that didn't have a logical explanation for happening i.e. servers are overloaded, connections horrible, corrupt data ( which is very common on any pc & the ps3 is just that a lower quality pc ) etc etc etc. i have yet to see any proof of any user freezing another at will. i've seen "hacked items" and people glitch into areas that are otherwise inaccessible but i haven't seen a single instance of a person being frozen or crashed by another user. 

what i have seen are way too many of these threads saying X froze me here, people here are glitchers etc. i will pay if anyone can show me proof of this ability as well as a place to find the program used to test it's ability since youtube videos & screenshots can be altered. until definitive proof can be given i call all these threads & posts a bunch of whining crap that is a useless waste of forum space. don't try to give me that crap that the hackers are trying to be stealthy & whatever, every good hacker/programmer will openly demonstrate their abilities to disprove nay-sayers. so please if there is such an ability, which there isn't, show me proof. source code, links to sites hosting said program, whatever. if you don't want to post it on the forums you can see my psn id to your left <---- send me a link through psn. i'll even throw in a trade for your so called "home hack" for some hacks i have for pc's that will fill your hearts with coded joy. i'll be waiting.

Just because you don't know what's going on and how the freezers are able to ruin other people's fun, does not mean that there are no freezers and we (all of us with the exception of you) are wrong.

Is there a way to give msx293 a negative number of Kudos?!?

Message 23 of 24 (4,931 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

actually i do know what's going on see my post above ^ i'm just trying to see weather these script kiddies have the skills and pair to claim responsibility for it without their "secret" being patched ( which it never will )  Smiley Happy good to see they think they're Uß3r 7331 HÀxØRZ when their 7ŒŒ7 sKiLZ are nothing more than DoS attacks on open ports available to anyone over 5 years old with 15 minutes of free time. we did this same thing back in quake 2, it's easily done & they just don't claim how to do it because they know it makes them look weak doing simple DoS attacks on public ports. the only thing that was "patched" on their old way of doing it was a simple IP address change to the PS HOME host servers & by the sound of it it took them quite a while to find the new ones. why do you think they stay in only a few servers i.e. godfather etc.? 

it's sad that this being 2013 that these kids haven't progressed to anything more than what we were doing in the late 90's to about 2005 when it just got boring. maybe they'll grow a pair because unlike them everybody else that has hacks for ps3 home etc. post their work with pride & none have been patched as far as i can tell. you know why? these other guys know what they're doing & their programs are useful moneymakers for custom firmware homebrew etc. the freezers are just DoS attacking script kiddies which nobody with any tech experience would pay a dime for. *EDIT* for gods sake man who uses the "real talk" thing? trolls are easily spotted & so is BS i swear the "real talk" thing is worse than the twitter addicts #uselesshashtag. lol

Message 24 of 24 (4,909 Views)
0 Likes