Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Re: Users with special "Crashing" powers!!

May 28, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:

RockCandyGirl wrote:

younginflavor18 wrote:

There have been people who freeze public spaces like the Hub, Playground, and Godfather II. There's nothing special about them since they rely on the same method to ruin the fun for others and crash the servers.

You may want to add the Bowling Alley to that list as well, Seems that quite a few of the charming little freezers have migrated to the Alley as well. Also they are  purposely glitching the tables whenever their little hearts desire.

Any Monthly suggestions on getting this fixed anytime soon GlassWalls???

Acorn Meadows Park is another unfortunate spot.

Yes,,,

I watched as someone used the train to glitch, and it froze all the trains.

I wont go into details how they did it.

Its sad that people spend so much time to find ways to ruin things for others.

I contacted Veemee and told them exactly how the people are doing it, maybe it will give them some ideas to put counter measures.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 24 (194 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

May 29, 2013

i'm sorry but i have to call all this a load of crap. i've been a near daily user of home since it opened and i have yet to see a single crash error or freeze that didn't have a logical explanation for happening i.e. servers are overloaded, connections horrible, corrupt data ( which is very common on any pc & the ps3 is just that a lower quality pc ) etc etc etc. i have yet to see any proof of any user freezing another at will. i've seen "hacked items" and people glitch into areas that are otherwise inaccessible but i haven't seen a single instance of a person being frozen or crashed by another user. 

what i have seen are way too many of these threads saying X froze me here, people here are glitchers etc. i will pay if anyone can show me proof of this ability as well as a place to find the program used to test it's ability since youtube videos & screenshots can be altered. until definitive proof can be given i call all these threads & posts a bunch of whining crap that is a useless waste of forum space. don't try to give me that crap that the hackers are trying to be stealthy & whatever, every good hacker/programmer will openly demonstrate their abilities to disprove nay-sayers. so please if there is such an ability, which there isn't, show me proof. source code, links to sites hosting said program, whatever. if you don't want to post it on the forums you can see my psn id to your left <---- send me a link through psn. i'll even throw in a trade for your so called "home hack" for some hacks i have for pc's that will fill your hearts with coded joy. i'll be waiting.

Message 12 of 24 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

Non believer, eh?

I can introduce you to some folks who would LOVE to make you a believer in freezers. LOL ^_-

These guys arent boogeymen or ghosts. Theyre very real, and the methods they employ are very real. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 13 of 24 (156 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

Video Removed  -Violates the Rules of Conduct

"I will pay if anyone can show me proof of this ability as well as a place to find the program used to test it's ability since youtube videos & screenshots can be altered.

Heres your proof...and no, it hasnt been altered or hoaxed. This is the real deal. Believe it or dont. And no...there isnt a single soul out there, that will teach or show you how its done. This is a heavily guarded secret and coveted by those who know it. Only a privileged few are taught how to do this...and you arent on that VIP list, bro.

Now...wheres my payment? LOL

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 14 of 24 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

May 29, 2013

closely guarded secret you say? sounds like the creators aren't very tech savvy & are nothing more than script kiddies. back in the day we use to openly post our codes to show off our skills to laugh in the face of whoever we targeted, we had some fun with DARPA the CIA & tons of other people with more than a DoS which this looks to be since there are tons of DNS work arounds for this same "hack" all over the internet, more like the creators are hack jobs than skillful hackers. but what do i know? i'm just a friendly jester Smiley Wink 

maybe they'll learn to use proxy servers grow a pair and post their codes but until then i think they're a nobody compared to the "fun" we had back in the day. at least someone is trying to carry out the tradition of the "nobody is safe" fun we started a long time ago & we only quit because what's more fun than than knowing DARPA & the CIA's secrets? these guys are pathetic, grow a pair & post your codes, show me yours & i'll show you mine Smiley Wink except mine are probably outdated since i just tried a few i found & i haven't seen any effects yet Smiley Sad oh well, but until i see their codes i say they're full of crap.

Message 15 of 24 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

May 29, 2013

There is an unspoken code of ethics among glitchers and hackers on Home: Advertise what you know, and it'll be patched in a week. 

They dont want their secrets patched...and they dont want to have to find new ways to do it, just because a few idiots wanna boast or brag about it. 

Message 16 of 24 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

Another reason it doesnt get advertised, or taught on a mass scale...is because they want to be able to control who uses it, how many use it and dictate how it gets used.

They dont want a bunch of rogue morons running around, freezing people. We see enough of that, and its because they trust the wrong idiots with their weapons.

Message 17 of 24 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

See...? I posted a "proof of concept" video for you, proving the freeze is real...and a MOD just took it down.

Thats how heavy this is, bro. Real talk. LOL

And to the MOD:  Was that really necessary? 

Message 18 of 24 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

May 29, 2013

There's two way to fix this for Good.... REMOVE all those space from Home so they can't freeze anyone!

Or 2nd option would be a Permanent Fix and that is they have to Close Home down Forever!   (That's not a Good one!)

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 19 of 24 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

May 29, 2013
OR...

The Home staff will finally wisen up to the programs they use, and block em. Still waiting for that to happen. Msx is right, these are just script kiddies exploiting a Dos from a PC program. This isnt "rocket science level stuff" (A pun on Microsoft's XBox ONE) LOL

Which leads me to believe that the upper up's either dont know how to prevent it, or dont WANT to prevent it. Interesting...
Message 20 of 24 (100 Views)
0 Likes