Sackboy
404 posts

Re: Vikki Statue from Resource Shop

Jun 21, 2013

.......and now I have an image of Jersquall hooked up to the android support system normally used to keep Vikki running.  Thanks for the nightmare fuel.  I was not planning on sleeping tonight anywayRobot Mad

Message 11 of 20 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

*Skips reading the OP*

Why does legendary Vickie get her own statue?! I want my own statue first!

We have so many statues of men that we have to even up the numbers before we can have any more men immortilized in stone or metal. Sorry, Jers. Them's just the breaks of a progressive society. Smiley Sad

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 20 (216 Views)
Sackboy
404 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Tezuka's Metropolis was a masterwork that absolutely deserves the Blu ray treatment(preferably a Criterion disk).  I love everything about that film.  I consider it required viewing, not just for anime fans, but for animation fans in general.  The use of the Ray Charles song"I Can't Stop Loving You" at the film's conclusion was one of my top ten favorite moments in film history.

Message 13 of 20 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Agreed about Ray's music there Julian. One of my favorite movie moments also. I teared up when I first saw it because my Nana (R.I.P.) used to rock me to sleep with that song. I was pretty surprised he went for an American artist for that moment. Pretty awesome stuff.
Support Forums
Message 14 of 20 (207 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy
steamheart wrote:

.......and now I have an image of Jersquall hooked up to the android support system normally used to keep Vikki running.  Thanks for the nightmare fuel.  I was not planning on sleeping tonight anywayRobot Mad

HomeStationMagazine
Message 15 of 20 (204 Views)
Sackboy
404 posts

Jun 21, 2013

That whole film was a love letter to a man who is rightfully known as "The God of Manga" in his home country.  I can remember an excellent article in Animerica(I miss that magazine so much) that set out how the manga that film was based on tied in to a larger mythology that Tezuka was building over the body of his work.  Sadly, at the time of his death, the work remained unfinished.

Message 16 of 20 (202 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jun 21, 2013

castle3
Message 17 of 20 (198 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Jun 22, 2013
I bought the statue ...she is just a bit smaller than my avatar but i am tall. I prefer her to the all gold one.
Message 18 of 20 (173 Views)
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Steamheart not sure if youre an anime fan but I wonder what youd think of Osamu Tezuka's version of Metropolis. Check it out sometime if you havent yet. Personally, I thought it was quite beautifully done. http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0293416/

Regarding that, it's been available through Crackle, though I don't know if it's current;y ;ined up in the PlayStation Home outlets. It has given a poster for personal spaces, and that, Steam Boy's, The Spirits Within's, and And Now for Something Completely Different's have seen use from me.

Also, here's "Moetropolis", for ya.

Message 19 of 20 (159 Views)
Survivor
2394 posts

Jun 22, 2013

I heard the gold statue also counts for that other challenge (that requires you to purchase stuff).  So that's an extra incentive to go for it, if it's true.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 20 of 20 (155 Views)