Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Violence and crimes that happen in Home

May 30, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

lpkid5382 wrote:

I've seen people exchange addresses and meet up, they can fight.   

I remember Home making the news, some market about hot spot for sex offenders.   How is that being watched?   I see a lot of verbal exchanges.

Thank you for throwing out something to converse about. Exchanging numbers and addresses can certainly lead to issues away from Home. This can be done in many games and on the PS3 with chat. Everyone who does should be very cautious and rethink these kinds of moves.
You remember that issue years ago that was on the news with the older lady. Yes. Happens but you hear more about such things on Facebook and online. Moderators can only do so much and you can only hope that responsible parents are watching over online activity of their family.

i can just imagine people getting into a fight and one of them demands the other give them their address so they can go to their house and fight them.

in fact, i think ive seen that happen in Home before. Smiley Very Happy

You gave me your address and I have looked all over Disneyland for you to kick yo buttocks! WHERE ARE YOU? Smiley Very Happy

HomeStationMagazine
Message 11 of 22 (199 Views)
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

May 30, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

lpkid5382 wrote:

I remember Home making the news, some market about hot spot for sex offenders.   How is that being watched?   I see a lot of verbal exchanges.

Thank you for throwing out something to converse about. Exchanging numbers and addresses can certainly lead to issues away from Home. This can be done in many games and on the PS3 with chat. Everyone who does should be very cautious and rethink these kinds of moves.
You remember that issue years ago that was on the news with the older lady. Yes. Happens but you hear more about such things on Facebook and online. Moderators can only do so much and you can only hope that responsible parents are watching over online activity of their family.

i can just imagine people getting into a fight and one of them demands the other give them their address so they can go to their house and fight them.

in fact, i think ive seen that happen in Home before. Smiley Very Happy

You gave me your address and I have looked all over Disneyland for you to kick yo buttocks! WHERE ARE YOU? Smiley Very Happy

im one of the Small World children. but which one?! Smiley Surprised

Message 12 of 22 (194 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

May 31, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

lpkid5382 wrote:

It's an interesting topic. We saw what happened with the activity boards. A lot of these "exchanges" for earning PSN cards seemed like an innocent way for some to make free spending money but that naivety doesn't change the fact there's been a lot of crimes committed. Then there's the cases that have been on the news. There's the threat of people finding out the real addresses of  innocent people and things happening.

To answer the OP's question I guess you dont' know how far the rabbit hole goes unless you go down it or hear from someone that has. Don't forget that criminals aren't limited to Home activity. A lot of criminals use Home and haven't commited a crime on it (yet). 

If you ask me it's best to just enjoy Home for what it is and report any bad behaviour. If you think anything is you know, illegal and needs to be raised further the DPM's here would be your best bet along with any proof.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 13 of 22 (188 Views)
Uncharted Territory
900 posts

May 31, 2013
Giving out addresses for a fistfight? Zomg LOL. Sounds like what they deserve is some ladies of the night and pizzas sent on over to said address.
Message 14 of 22 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

May 31, 2013

JoyceHairhelmet wrote:
Giving out addresses for a fistfight? Zomg LOL. Sounds like what they deserve is some ladies of the night and pizzas sent on over to said address.

Hey.. who here hasn't ordered pizza to somebody's address?? Smiley LOL

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 15 of 22 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
900 posts

May 31, 2013
Hahahahaha...how about 1000 USPS free shipping boxes? That'd get their attention. Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 22 (171 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 31, 2013

Jersquall: Knock Knock

the_original_se: one sec.. (Answers door)

Jersquall: ahHHA!

pic99.gif

HomeStationMagazine
Message 17 of 22 (164 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

May 31, 2013

lpkid5382 wrote:

How far does it really go?   

What are your thoughts ?

Yes, it can be frightening. This is why I never use the Internet.    Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 22 (145 Views)
First Son
16 posts

May 31, 2013

I've never seen anybody make plans to fight others in real life, but I have seen people angrily argue in the bowling alley a few times. It's really dumb to get angry at other in a video game.

Message 19 of 22 (125 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

May 31, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Jersquall: Knock Knock

the_original_se: one sec.. (Answers door)

Jersquall: ahHHA!

pic99.gif

This_isn_t_even_my_final_form_-19631.JPEG

Message 20 of 22 (120 Views)