Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Re: What Home did for Me

Nov 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing this Katcall...

I had no idea you were in a bad situation, so glad things got better for you,,, you'll always be in a lot of our prayers from now on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 45 (327 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3857 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

:^/ Your story, and so many others similar to it, are one of the many ways that Home and other such programs are a benefit to the community in ways that were never intended nor expected. It's also one of the reasons why Home, or something very much like it, should be featued on the PS4 some day.

The Internet essentially allows everyone on the planet to interact with potentially everyone else. The forms these interactions take are numreous and various. Stories like yours bring a sense of validation to everyone who ever championed Home as the good thing it is. Kudos to you for having the courage to share this with us, and may God bless your future as he has seen you through the challenges of your past.

Message 22 of 45 (309 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Only Sony knows if Playstation Home will be on PS4 i won't find out until christmas morning when i get my PS4 ill keep checking these forums 29th November onwards

Message 23 of 45 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

Good for you Kat. You have helped me too--by giving me a lot of good laughs with so many of your posts on these forums. I wasn't aware of your personal situation, but I'm glad to hear that you did whatever you needed to do for yourself to escape misery and find happiness....and kept your sense of humor intact throughout. I consider any person who frees themself from the bondage of abuse as very strong and courageous. Nice of you to post what you did here. Stay happy and keep making people laugh.  

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 24 of 45 (289 Views)
Lombax Warrior
82 posts

Nov 9, 2013

I am happy for you Kat, I still remember the day we met on Home, you walked over and introduced yourself and after I proved to your satisfaction that I wasn`t a kid, although I feel like one most of the time, we had a wonderful conversation, glad to have you back. :-)

major
Message 25 of 45 (267 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

I've always admired you Kat and even more so now. Home really isn't just a game as some would have us believe. The interactions we share and the connections we make are quite real and can mean so much. Thank you for sharing this and please stick around and keep us smiling.

Message 26 of 45 (255 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
36 posts

Nov 10, 2013
Except for that you've escaped, whereas I'm quietly packing and working to arrange an escape, I could have made this exact same post. Glad you got out.
Message 27 of 45 (234 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3857 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Rana_Kane revealed:

Except for that you've escaped, whereas I'm quietly packing and working to arrange an escape, I could have made this exact same post. Glad you got out.

:^/ As Robert Heinlein's fictional Lazarus Long character once opined: "In the course of a long life, the wise man will be prepared to abandon his baggage many times." If you're in a truly life threatening situation, don't take time to make more preparations than actually needed.

Message 28 of 45 (220 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Rana_Kane wrote:

You're very brave. I hope everything works out ok and that you are safe. You'll get out too. You can do it.

Message 29 of 45 (214 Views)
Splicer
36 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

Rana_Kane revealed:

:^/ As Robert Heinlein's fictional Lazarus Long character once opined: "In the course of a long life, the wise man will be prepared to abandon his baggage many times." If you're in a truly life threatening situation, don't take time to make more preparations than actually needed.

Good advice. I'm pretty much wrapping things up here, thankfully.  Likely still a long road ahead, but getting there.

I probably would have kept on in isolation if not for Home and the strength Home friends give me. I was reminded there was life out there. Looking forward to being able to mic during daylight/evening hours with friends after the move. Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 45 (199 Views)