Fender Bender
2280 posts

Re: What are the developer's thinking?

Oct 12, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
I don't buy much of anything on Home anymore. My avatar has more than enough wardrobe items and the new stuff isn't any better than the old stuff. I already have plenty of personal spaces that I barely use and Sony doesn't allow me to glitch them as I used to.

Besides all that, most releases on Home are simply not worthy of any monetary investment. That includes all these new games like Home Tycoon, Mercia, NML etc. These games don't have enough replay value to entice me to pay for them.

This no-spend attitude may not bode well for the future of Home but too bad. Sony and their developers are not charities. I won't throw money at them out of some co-dependent need to support the platform.

but Liza--if you look on the bright side, just imagine how much your virtual goods collection could be worth in a couple of years. Oh wait.....nvm Smiley Tongue

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 31 of 48 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Oct 12, 2012

That may be true. BUT its the forum community that speaks up and speaks out. Who else are the devs gonna reach out to for feedback on their products? Surprisingly, there are a lot of people out there that dont even know the forums exist, let alone how to use them for information and feedback. 

Im not saying the devs should fear anyone. Taking risks and chances on new ideas and concepts is part of being a developer. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Either way, were here to let them know what we think of their products, good or bad. Its up to them to take that feedback into consideration. But I highly doubt they would blow us off or ignore the forum community, as if we dont matter. 

Would be kinda stupid if they did. LOL

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 32 of 48 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Oct 12, 2012

The truth is, if there weren't people willing to pay these prices, the businesses wouldn't charge them. That's basic economics. They aren't going to listen to people saying they charge too much while they are making sales. I know people in home who will pay almost anything, they don't care. And that's their choice. I buy what I feel is reasonable, and I don't buy what is not. There isn't much else a person can do.

Message 33 of 48 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Well, this is the direction Home is going. It's become more than obvious as time goes by, things in Home will get increasingly more exensive. The old days of Home where things were cheap and affordable are long gone. Some devs will remain resonable with their pricing. But im sure we will see a lot of items priced at $2.99 - $3.99 - $4.99 and so on as the new NORM. 

Kinda sucks, but it will force you to decide whats worth buying and whats not and if its really worth it. Might help curb people's spending habits too. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 34 of 48 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
598 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Oh, they won't ignore the forum posters.  I'm just saying that the real voting is done with wallets, and the people that spend big bucks are winning.  I remember the recent rage thread against No Man's Land's $50 pack.  Looking at the forums you'd think: "Geez, that game's gonna go down in flames", but I've encountered many people wearing those spiky reaver suits.  I think it's quite unlikely that you'll see that pricey bundle pack removed from their stores.

Message 35 of 48 (163 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Yeah, but how many people actually play NML on a daily basis? The game garnered a lot of hate and resentment. Im sure if there was a poll taken or a survey to find out how many people actually play NML...you wouldnt see too many supporters. LOL

Message 36 of 48 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Oct 12, 2012

And that is the bottom line. The forums have a small voice, and yes the devs do pay attention, but they are going to base their final decisions on their internal sales data... Not on forum opinions.

Message 37 of 48 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
598 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

I hear ya.  The staying power depends on the game-play, right?  I didn't get into NML, myself, since the super-sticky cover drives me nuts!

I also need a keyboard and mouse for my shooters [ALL HAIL THE PC GAMING MASTER RACE!!!]

Message 38 of 48 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Selling items at price's out of reach of the main market using the playstation, shows that the targeted approach developers are using on most of the home items are really not doing that well. Hence the higher pricing, making all home items affordable for all age groups would produce more sales, increase the user base and most likely wound generate more profit by volume.

Selling a fewer items at higher price's, hoping for the mother load Item is the wrong way to generate a long and prosperous bushiness in these economic times. Dollar stores are still here in business for a reason.  When people go there, they spend more than expected to, but feel satisfied, because of the volume if items the have carried away.

Just my 99 cent thought on over priced items in Home, which is a majority of them.

Message 39 of 48 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

I guess when it all comes down to it. They can sell over priced gold items because they know the wannabes will buy them no matter how much they are. And there are a lot of wannabes on Home. And wannabes like hiphop which is all about rappers showing off their "bling bling". So the wannabes want to pretend to be rich rappers and will pay any amount of money to achieve this goal. Glad I'm not a pathetic wannabe because that can be pretty costly. Hope I didn't offend any wannabes on here. LOL!!

bobs fed signature
Message 40 of 48 (89 Views)
0 Likes