Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Re: What happens to the money spent on Home after Home?

Aug 2, 2010

TwilightVenom wrote:

Okay, I think my concerns would be best alleviated with an answer to the following question: Would current-gen content look as good as content developed for a next-gen version of Home? And just so you know, I'm very unimpressed with Home's graphics, so I think starting from scratch is the way to go.

I have to disagree with you there,,, sometimes I walk around Home and say w0w look that floor tile it looks so real or some of the backgrounds look amazing... Starting from scratch is not an option,,, but it would be nice if the level of detail of the avatars themselves were as good as some of the better graphics seen in and around Home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 61 of 64 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Aug 2, 2010

Keith_Loving wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Exactly. Certainly will be. Home is a long term social network that is just getting started. It will certainly continue when the PS4 comes out and everything we purchased will migrate over to that service as well.

I believe the primary benefits of the new service will be increased capabilities for spaces, games and the type of items we'll be able to see in private spaces etc.

The section I highlighted in bold red font.

You can't speak for Sony and that statement from you holds absolutely no merit.  You would be best off not talking for Sony, and let Sony speak for themselves. 

It's not word for word, but how's this?

Jack Buser: We haven’t seen the peak yet. It’s still continuing to grow. With Home specifically – 14 million users, 70 minute average session duration…and those numbers continue to grow. For us, it’s such an exciting time as a platform. We’re not going anywhere, we are a part of the PlayStation 3 experience, right there on the XMB.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/07/22/psls-presents-jack-buser-director-of-playstation-home/2/

And before you say "but he didn't call it a social network". again, different wording same sentiment

Jack Buser: There's a lot to talk about there. We really have two pillar strategies with Home this year, the first is this idea that Home is a social games platform.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1107590p2.html

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like Joanna was pretty well on the money with what she said there.

Message 62 of 64 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1865 posts

Aug 3, 2010

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

I have to disagree with you there,,, sometimes I walk around Home and say w0w look that floor tile it looks so real or some of the backgrounds look amazing...

Attention to detail is good, but it's not enough to make me say "wow". Games like Okami, Killzone 2 and Resident Evil 4 are visually arresting. They're so well done that, upon seeing them for the first time, I had to take a breather. With Home, it's the complete opposite: I was completely underwhelmed, and to this day, I still am. No matter what the developers do with what they have, Home is still not up to par graphics wise.

Starting from scratch is not an option,,, but it would be nice if the level of detail of the avatars themselves were as good as some of the better graphics seen in and around Home.

Starting from scratch IS an option. In fact, I think it's the only option. If Sony sticks with the current groundwork, we'll stil be dealing with all the technical issues come next-generation, and if not starting from scratch means keeping the current graphics, animations, interface and whatnot, then I'm completely against it. It may cost a lot of time and money, but drastic measures are needed to fix Home's severe issues.
Message 63 of 64 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2239 posts

Aug 3, 2010

Its all in the fine print that no one ever reads.  Sony holds the right to shut down the service anytime they want and you are not going to get refunded.

Message 64 of 64 (20 Views)
0 Likes