Reply
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4505 posts
 

Re: When is E3 2013 Coming ????

Apr 11, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:
(I love how Conrad Kudos everything you say) 

Off topic, and my only post in this thread: I do so for two reasons. 1) People say that Management does not communicate, so I am grateful when they do. 2) Because I support the idea, as I support many posts on this forum.


Except one of the big complaints about the communication we get from 'Sony' is that it is often vague, and even misleading - like what we just saw - and more often we get the classic "I can't say anything right now"... and often "now" never ends.

 

These are hardly new questions being asked, and yet we rarely get any straight answers no matter how politely we ask or how patiently we wait for 'them' to tell us.  To give kudos to a comment that is as vague and misleading and then go on to give kudos to the follow up response that can be summed up with - "Sorry, I can't tell you why?" is just sad, and goes to show just how bad Sony's customer relations and communication has gotten over the years and your extreme bias.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 21 of 46 (610 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2009
Offline
13187 posts
 

Re: When is E3 2013 Coming ????

Apr 12, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

While I suspect there will be something for E3 2013, the fact is that since last year, not only have game related spaces, events, and content almost vanished from Home, but so have the game conference promotions.  

 

There was no TGS event in Home last year, and no GDC event in Home this year (in fact, Sony did not even mention Home at all at GDC compared to just a couple years ago where they had several conferences at GDC about Home development).  In fact Sony hasn't mentioned Home at any conference, GDC, TGS, Gamescon, and even E3 for over a year now.  They only had a very small presentation at their E3 booth last year showing the E3 event space in Home.

 

The last game conference event in Home was for Gamescon 2012 back in August of last year, and was a fairly insignificant event, considering what a big deal Gamescon is, being one of the world's largest gaming conferences.

 

The good news is last year's E3 2012 event in Home was really nice... So hopefully the powers that be decide to do something similar or even better.

 

The one thing is for sure, if Sony again says nothing about Home at E3, especially this close to the release of the PS4, the future of Home will certainly be in more doubt than ever before.  Let's hope that is not the case.


 

 

SO... we've never done a Tokyo Game Show or GDC experience, aside from a few press/media virtual t-shirts we made during GDC last year. Our big show here is E3, and we're still a couple months away...    Heart


Sorry but didn't we already got TGS In home (as a Japan Theater Global Space?) because i do remember from last year. or more

 photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 22 of 46 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/23/2012
Offline
5870 posts
 

Re: When is E3 2013 Coming ????

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

al2009man wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

While I suspect there will be something for E3 2013, the fact is that since last year, not only have game related spaces, events, and content almost vanished from Home, but so have the game conference promotions.  

 

There was no TGS event in Home last year, and no GDC event in Home this year (in fact, Sony did not even mention Home at all at GDC compared to just a couple years ago where they had several conferences at GDC about Home development).  In fact Sony hasn't mentioned Home at any conference, GDC, TGS, Gamescon, and even E3 for over a year now.  They only had a very small presentation at their E3 booth last year showing the E3 event space in Home.

 

The last game conference event in Home was for Gamescon 2012 back in August of last year, and was a fairly insignificant event, considering what a big deal Gamescon is, being one of the world's largest gaming conferences.

 

The good news is last year's E3 2012 event in Home was really nice... So hopefully the powers that be decide to do something similar or even better.

 

The one thing is for sure, if Sony again says nothing about Home at E3, especially this close to the release of the PS4, the future of Home will certainly be in more doubt than ever before.  Let's hope that is not the case.


 

 

SO... we've never done a Tokyo Game Show or GDC experience, aside from a few press/media virtual t-shirts we made during GDC last year. Our big show here is E3, and we're still a couple months away...    Heart


Sorry but didn't we already got TGS In home (as a Japan Theater Global Space?) because i do remember from last year. or more


Yes, we did. I think it was around 2011 when TGS was global.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 46 (560 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
Registered: 12/20/2012
Offline
709 posts
 

Re: When is E3 2013 Coming ????

Apr 12, 2013

[Hi all. I've cleaned up this thread, please remain on topic and keep interpersonal disputes off the forums. Thanks!]

Message 24 of 46 (438 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Online
4505 posts
 

Re: When is E3 2013 Coming ????

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

Mossy_Wall wrote:

[Hi all. I've cleaned up this thread, please remain on topic and keep interpersonal disputes off the forums. Thanks!]


Thanks!  

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 25 of 46 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/12/2010
Offline
9504 posts
 

Re: When is E3 2013 Coming ????

Apr 12, 2013
Thanks!
Support Forums
Message 26 of 46 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/25/2009
Online
4700 posts
 

Re: When is E3 2013 Coming ????

Apr 12, 2013
I have no keyboard?

Thanks!

Looking forward to E3 btw.
Message 27 of 46 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/03/2009
Offline
3821 posts
 

Re: When is E3 2013 Coming ????

Apr 12, 2013

     E3 is for sure going to be big for Sony.  Sometimes I hate looking at the screen just because I wanna be there, but yet I watch it anyway because it keeps me on my toes.  Smiley Happy  I can't wait!!

Bambi-01us
Message 28 of 46 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/08/2007
Offline
2175 posts
 

Re: When is E3 2013 Coming ????

Apr 12, 2013

al2009man wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

 

SO... we've never done a Tokyo Game Show or GDC experience, aside from a few press/media virtual t-shirts we made during GDC last year. Our big show here is E3, and we're still a couple months away...    Heart


Sorry but didn't we already got TGS In home (as a Japan Theater Global Space?) because i do remember from last year. or more


 

If memory serves me right, the last time Home had featured the TGS event, was about 3 years ago? I do remember there being a TGS space in Japan Home in 2008 while Home was in closed beta still.



Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 29 of 46 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/23/2012
Offline
5870 posts
 

Re: When is E3 2013 Coming ????

Apr 12, 2013

TitusF wrote:

al2009man wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

 

SO... we've never done a Tokyo Game Show or GDC experience, aside from a few press/media virtual t-shirts we made during GDC last year. Our big show here is E3, and we're still a couple months away...    Heart


Sorry but didn't we already got TGS In home (as a Japan Theater Global Space?) because i do remember from last year. or more


 

If memory serves me right, the last time Home had featured the TGS event, was about 3 years ago? I do remember there being a TGS space in Japan Home in 2008 while Home was in closed beta still.


There was another TGS event in Japan Home like a year or two years ago. It was available for all the Home regions and was giving out Gravity Rush items.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 46 (215 Views)
0 Likes