Treasure Hunter
4509 posts

Re: Where are the trees?

Apr 6, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
LBP space has those 2D flat trees

The tree reward from LBP is actually 3D, just not round.  You can even climb on top of them with a ramp, stairs, or ladder.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 11 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Apr 6, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

There are actually quite a few trees (both as rewards and purchaseable), but most are not very large.

You might want to search for trees on Alphazone4 and see what might appeal to you.

Here are some of them:

a5c6bac055ba39fa1bf4bfd9dd3a180d.png

787f7f6abd22d1ae46867cc1ec04afaf.png

just a FYI, those PixelJunk Monster trees are pretty small. about mid thigh-high for our Home avatars.

Message 12 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4509 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

the_original_se wrote:
just a FYI, those PixelJunk Monster trees are pretty small. about mid thigh-high for our Home avatars.

Good to know, as I don't know anyone who ever purchased those.  This is one of several reasons why the stores should provide a perspective preview image of items next to an average size avatar so we can see how large an item is before purchasing them.  Tracking down someone that took a chance and bought them often leads no where and can be very time consuming to do.

This has been suggested and asked for almost as long as Home has been around, and like a lot of requested features, this has never been applied or even responded to by anyone from our Home staff.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 13 of 14 (93 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Apr 7, 2013

This is all very good information. First I pretty much live on alphazone, but never knew of how to search on the site, so I bookmarked that link.

Kudos for pointing out that the trees were small enough to be bushes. I was looking for trees, with the anticipation of making a set with a wintery feel in the background. I have christma....*cough*... holiday trees, and thought that I was awarded items from lockwood, but now see I don't have the tree.

If you are curious, and or want to further assist in this little photo I have planned. (yes I'm buying trees simply to take a photo XD) then here is the set up: I'm taking a picture of a fight scene that should look like it's set in the realm of a video game (think King of fighters, street fighter X Tekken, Dead or alive, etc) So far I'm considering the artic  yatch, purchasing the assasins creed apartment, or purchasing the tropical escape space due to it's setting.

The image I had with the artic yatch was not to have the yatch in the background, but have the trees surrounding  the frozen over lockwood redeem fountain.

Example1

The image with the assasins creed space would not include trees but would rather arrange a library or office scene with book cases, and or office supplies (oak desk, with ink well?) in the back ground

example 2

The image I'm running with with the tropical escape space is a very tropical beach look, very simple to pull off yet is often common in just about every fighting game.

example 3

Perish_Song
Message 14 of 14 (67 Views)
0 Likes