Fender Bender
4477 posts

Re: Where have all the forummers gone?

Jan 6, 2011

Fresh, don't even bother. Let the people be. They like being spoon fed. Whether they suffer, or not. (lol) Trying to make these people see the light is like the old saying --

"You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make the horse drink."

-- As sad as that trully is here in the case of the forums. As soon as a moderator posts. It's all "Thank you's", and shining smiles. It's like the frat plegde asking -- "Thank you, Sir! May I have another?!" -- that is how these people act. The moderators, and adminastration could seriously slap someone in the face, laugh, and spit on them while they lay there crying, and they'd get back up, and forgive them if he apologised five seconds later. (lol) Society. Makes me laugh sometimes if it wasn't so, sad. 

Photobucket
Message 41 of 61 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 6, 2011

There sleeping (maybe)

Message 42 of 61 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Jan 6, 2011

the_original_se wrote:

the forum mods and Home mods have nothing to do with eachother.

but the forum mods are the ones who get the job done. despite them not directly changing the forum, without them relaying info and even gathering the info, we would still be strugling with errors just to post and have no private messaging feature.

Shut up!
Last 6 purchased games.

Actually they have a lot to do with each other. In some cases, if not all, they are the same people. .

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3396387

"Perhaps what is most exciting about the advent of the new forums is the potential to “reset” and implement some changes that, for one reason or another, were not possible with the old forums. To start, we have brought in members of our esteemed Moderation team to help moderate and manage the forums. As many of you are aware, moderation of the forums used to be entirely separate from in-world moderation.  We felt this to be unnecessarily confusing and have decided to use this changeover as an opportunity to bring in the Moderation team (who are all bonafide experts on Home, I might add) and allow them to get hands-on in the forums. They’ve already proved to be a tremendous help to GW and I, and I think the end result will be a deeper connection between the Home community and the CM and Mod teams – something I believe we can all agree will be a positive thing."

Message 43 of 61 (32 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Jan 6, 2011

the_original_se wrote:

but the forum mods are the ones who get the job done. despite them not directly changing the forum, without them relaying info and even gathering the info, we would still be strugling with errors just to post and have no private messaging feature.

Shut up!
Last 6 purchased games.

In the past no, but things have changed. Home mods are now moderating the forums as well.

And the forum mods are relaying the info that *we* the community give them.

Edit. tdarb looked up the relevant post before I could. Nice job, tdarb.

Message 44 of 61 (32 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Jan 6, 2011

tdarb wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Shut up!
Last 6 purchased games.

Actually they have a lot to do with each other. In some cases, if not all, they are the same people. .

"Perhaps what is most exciting about the advent of the new forums is the potential to “reset” and implement some changes that, for one reason or another, were not possible with the old forums. To start, we have brought in members of our esteemed Moderation team to help moderate and manage the forums. As many of you are aware, moderation of the forums used to be entirely separate from in-world moderation.  We felt this to be unnecessarily confusing and have decided to use this changeover as an opportunity to bring in the Moderation team (who are all bonafide experts on Home, I might add) and allow them to get hands-on in the forums. They’ve already proved to be a tremendous help to GW and I, and I think the end result will be a deeper connection between the Home community and the CM and Mod teams – something I believe we can all agree will be a positive thing."

those are Home mods moderating the Home forum.

the forum mods, the ones who work for Jive and moderate the entire board, are the ones who matter.(no offense to the Home mods. XD)

Message 45 of 61 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1089 posts

Jan 6, 2011

I hate the new forums. They should revert back to the old one where navigation was so much easier.

Message 46 of 61 (32 Views)
Sackboy
479 posts

Jan 6, 2011

If the mods learned how to do their job and make a good and USABLE site, then we'd all be happy.

But no.

Message 47 of 61 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Jan 6, 2011

Francision69 wrote:

I hate the new forums. They should revert back to the old one where navigation was so much easier.

this forum is actually better, i made my own html code to make it look like the old forum. you have a lot of fancy ajax stuff that are pretty neat the only problem is the lack of ergonomic

Message 48 of 61 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jan 7, 2011

MercuryValentine wrote:

Some great discussions here. Thanks everyone for your patience, as we continue to work on fixing up these new forums.

In case you haven't read it yet, there was a fairly lengthy update from Locust_Star posted earlier today:

// Questions about Moderation in Home? Please read my Moderation FAQ first ~ MercuryV. //

What do you mean, "continue"?  I haven't seen much of anything get done here since I last looked a week ago (or, for that matter, since pretty much day 1).  The profanity filter still filters out words like "f.a.i.l", for god's sake.  How long do these incompetent people need to remove words from a list in their own software?

Or else... maybe... d'you think... there's no intention of fixing these things?  Nah, couldn't be!

And, frankly, L_S's post was a self-serving insult to my intelligence.  I wouldn't point it out to angry people if I were you.

Message 49 of 61 (32 Views)
Fender Bender
4624 posts

Jan 7, 2011

They all went poof. Simple.

Photobucket
Message 50 of 61 (32 Views)
0 Likes