Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: Why do people get so offended when...

Oct 22, 2009

Greetings........I use both male and female avatars and i never presume it is a man or woman behind it. I really don't care about gender as long as one is friendly!!

Praise Mother

Potra
Message 10 of 115 (22 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Oct 22, 2009

Potradamus wrote:

Greetings........I use both male and female avatars and i never presume it is a man or woman behind it. I really don't care about gender as long as one is friendly!!

Praise Mother

I agree, Home isn't eHarmony

Message 11 of 115 (22 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Oct 22, 2009
Ha.....Hitting on a virtual reallity avatar?...ok i presumme you think the people who wear the hamster outfits are hamsters? Please!!!
Potra
Message 12 of 115 (22 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1142 posts

Oct 22, 2009
to red it is a revolution hehe
Psn=
Message 13 of 115 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 22, 2009
It seems as if Playstation Home is being used for social networking, similar to a Myspace or a dating service. Unfortunately Playatation Network nor PS Home are NOT designed for that. It is specifically stated it is optional to list your gender while creating an account, so if someone is going with a definite idea that every female avatar is a female, they are fooling themselves Number 1. Number 2, it seems individuals that partake in this uncertain event are so serious about wanting to meet their "Match" that when they discover who they meet is other then the fictional avatar, they become offended? This is quite ludicrous actually. Perhaps step away from your Playstation for a moment and interact with "Real Life" females, the chances of success are more probable, even if you lack social skills apart from inter-jargon. For the most part, I would assume that doods who try to meet chicks via Playstation Home are in any case rather ignorant of this, so an "uncalled for" offensive reaction shouldn't be too surprising, so my advice, Brush dem hatas off, ya heard!?
Message Edited by Superman1284 on 10-21-2009 10:29 PM
Potential is not reached by reaching, it is reached by doing.......
Message 14 of 115 (22 Views)
I Only Post Everything
956 posts

Oct 22, 2009
I been ask name and gender and i tell them what purpose would it serve you, all you need to know is my screen name because your looking for fellow gamers to play with and hang with, not a virtual girfriend/boyfriend. The only thing I care about is if the person can act in a mature way and not go harass others but be polite and nice. Also on Home I never use my mic, so if people try to call me, I will not answer their call and dont ask me for a picture, only if i know you in reality will you be getting one. Really the only things I tell people about myself is my age and state im from, any other questions about myself, i will kindly decline answering it to you and if you are one who gets mad because I wont tell you, The friendly ignore button is put into action.
Message 15 of 115 (22 Views)
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Oct 22, 2009
some people have no sense of humor.
Photobucket
Message 16 of 115 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Oct 22, 2009
Because they are manly men, emotions confuse them, they live off the land and eat gravel for breakfest!
Message 17 of 115 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2693 posts

Oct 22, 2009

I'm more worried about the Zombies then cross dressers or even Hamsters.

Rock on and what puts you on if it doesn't hurt anyone. 

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 18 of 115 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Oct 22, 2009

lol-123- wrote:
to red it is a revolution hehe

LOL. oh well. i wanna c what happens tho.

Message 19 of 115 (22 Views)
0 Likes