Feb 22 2010
By: JPConway Treasure Hunter 5047 posts

Would This Work On Home?

17 replies 31 views Edited Feb 22, 2010

I am no computer programmer - but would an idea of a Private Space that is just ONE HUGE storage space work - where we could put all of our unwanted inventory items in - and then be able to not have to search thru tons of unused clothing/items? 

If you wanted to add or remove items - just go to your Storage Space - bring on or remove off the things you want.

Thanks for any input

JPConway

Message 1 of 18 (31 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Would This Work On Home?

Feb 22, 2010

JPConway wrote:

I am no computer programmer - but would an idea of a Private Space that is just ONE HUGE storage space work - where we could put all of our unwanted inventory items in - and then be able to not have to search thru tons of unused clothing/items? 

If you wanted to add or remove items - just go to your Storage Space - bring on or remove off the things you want.

Thanks for any input

JPConway

I suspect we will see something like this in the next core update. Sony wants to sell us stuff and I suspect they know that loading times are a big issue. They have to be thinking that one way (at least we can hope) would be to reduce the active items you have to search through in your wardrobe. More buttons for things, the ability to more items that you prefer not to wear to storage, and hopefully the ability to add tabs that allow you to mix bracelets with rings or skirts with leggings etd.

I do a few items to look through and I can take a nap sometimes while it loads!  Hee hee.

Message 2 of 18 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4789 posts

Feb 22, 2010
think its a good idea, but first they need to figure out a way of purchased content control (all that "sniffing", hacking, etc...). As you know, that is the reason for the 15 min wait at the "Verifying purchased content" screen I see every morning. Once that is done, I would think something like this is bound to be utiiized.
jaymc account
Message 3 of 18 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2604 posts

Feb 22, 2010

RaidersSmithsonianWarehouse

Yes, if Indy can do it, so can HOME...

EDIT: Not coincide with current release of LucasArts Store..LOL..

Message Edited by Art_of_Ronin on 02-22-2010 11:28 AM
----------------------------------------------
"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
Message 4 of 18 (31 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Feb 22, 2010
Maybe they should include a space that teaches people self control.

Lev - Officer of LoS

Message 5 of 18 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2604 posts

Feb 22, 2010

Levasaurus wrote:
Maybe they should include a space that teaches people self control.

Indeed, 'nuff said...
"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
Message 6 of 18 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 22, 2010

JPConway wrote:

Thanks for any input

JPConway

No, I'm sorry I find it unlikely a space like that would work.  This is why...  Home work's alot like the internet you're items are not saved on you're hard drive but just like how the internet has cookies so does Home.  Every item you own has a little saved data file saved onto you're PS3 HD (this is also what slows down Home).  When you log-on to Home the saved data goes out to the PSN main server checks to see if you realy own that item and then get's sent back and that's when you can see the item.

When you log-on to a private space you're not loging onto PSN you're hosting you're own server.  There for the only info you can see or use is items that you own. 

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 7 of 18 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 22, 2010

I'm just going to buy JP a UHaul storage bin.

Not sure if it can be done but maybe. With storage on servers usually comes cost and it might get piped right to us so.. yeah.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 8 of 18 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2641 posts

Feb 22, 2010

YOU'RE = You are.

YOUR = Belonging to you. 

Message 9 of 18 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Feb 22, 2010
FWI.....the verifying purchase content time is NOT due to sniffing or hacking what so ever. The time is due to the amount of content on your lists and the amount of content on Home.. Everyone asked for tons of content and this is the outcome, but what you said has no validity to it.
Potra
Message 10 of 18 (31 Views)
0 Likes