Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: clothing for women who votes for this crap?

Oct 10, 2012
Thus me expressing my discontent for this thread, and yeah don't worry, I didn't read this this thread. Touché madam Smiley Tongue
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 11 of 54 (212 Views)
PlayStation MVP
33646 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

the issue is somewhat the same for guys.

while the majority of actual clothes for girls are somewhat skanky, the majority of actual clothes for guys are either hipster crap or "look at me im a gangsta" crap. ive actually been using the same pants for about 2 years because all the new ones suck.

Home is just following the fashion trends of the real world, despite how ugly they may be.

and frankly, 70% of the girls i see in Home are wearing the skanky clothes. tiny bikinis and high heels, really? and then they get mad when people hit on them. if they tried not to dress like a stripper and im sure less creeps will flok to them.

Message 12 of 54 (202 Views)
Gaming Beast
2117 posts

Oct 10, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:
Thus me expressing my discontent for this thread, and yeah don't worry, I didn't read this this thread. Touché madam Smiley Tongue

you make no sense . why comment if you didnt read it ? just like all the other people who make unnecessary comments like i dnt like home but still continue to visit ,nice of you to have a comment but realy has nothing to do with the content of this thread

Message 13 of 54 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

I don't think there is any voting going on. I don't think it matters what items is bought in Home. Its a known fact that game producers and programer are males. So maybe its those males who think women would look hot in silly outfits like the ones we have in Home. Yes it seems unfair that females are forced to buy silly clothes that push out the B&B (Buns & Breast) So lets say we buy less to get better clothing would that work? Or we could ask that they put more females on Playstation Home Staff to make sure the female voice doesn't go unheard.

NO HOME EVENT IS A BAD ONE! (03/23/09)
Message 14 of 54 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2117 posts

Oct 10, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

while the majority of actual clothes for girls are somewhat skanky, the majority of actual clothes for guys are either hipster crap or "look at me im a gangsta" crap. ive actually been using the same pants for about 2 years because all the new ones suck.

Home is just following the fashion trends of the real world, despite how ugly they may be.

and frankly, 70% of the girls i see in Home are wearing the skanky clothes. tiny bikinis and high heels, really? and then they get mad when people hit on them. if they tried not to dress like a stripper and im sure less creeps will flok to them.

exactly !!! why cant the ones who are bored with the sleeze and gangster look have a say for once ? oh and for those about to say "well dnt buy them " heres mine " how about the developers make something else for once"like i said i bought some naughty looking stuff for fun ,but now year after year it just gets less and less fun and more pervy no wonder its hard to get around on home without being insulted and aproached like a piece of digital meat.

Message 15 of 54 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
65 posts

Oct 10, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

Very true. I had to search high and low for one pair of normal jeans. Still wearing them after 2 years because there really aren't any other options. If I wanted to show off my underwear, I wouldn't wear pants in the first place.

Home Signature.jpg

Message 16 of 54 (186 Views)
PlayStation MVP
33646 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Wirp wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Very true. I had to search high and low for one pair of normal jeans. Still wearing them after 2 years because there really aren't any other options. If I wanted to show off my underwear, I wouldn't wear pants in the first place.

the pants i currently wear have boxers showing, but the pants are high enough up that nearly every shirt i wear covers the boxers.

personaly i try not to let my boxers show in real life, unless they are fancy like my gold plated diamond encrusted ones. Smiley Tongue

im surprised that girls havent gotten pants that show their underwear yet, some whaletail jeans. seems right along the lines of other clothing that available. Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 54 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
9504 posts

Oct 10, 2012
I respect your opinion btw Spicy, and to be completely honest I'm not a female nor female avi, so I can't completely relate, but I just see so much variety on Home its hard for me to know. Sure I see women dressed down, or dressed up but do you know what I think is awesome? The ability to choose. It may not be a huge selection in your eyes, but with content updates weekly, hopefully something comes along soon you may like. The fact is though, what you may say is skanky, some girls may find pretty, or sexy, or just cool, but at least theres an option right? But I support MORE variety for the females because like I have said here before is that when the women are happy, everyone is happy Smiley Happy
Support Forums
Message 18 of 54 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Oct 10, 2012

This sword cuts both ways.

The clothing for men falls in two categories.

The first is the effiminization category that Dre and Lockwood keep forcefeeding us. Its full of skin tight, skinny jeans that makes male avatars look like theyre smuggling plums and fugly shoes most guys wouldnt be caught dead wearing.

And the second category for guys is the digi thug look, pants saggin below the underwear waistband (that you cant wear a majority of shirts with).

The majority of the mens shoes glitch at the bottom of the pants so its a waste of money trying to mix match them to wear with pants unless you're fortunate to have a large wardrobe which is the only way I can change clothes several times daily.

The womens garb on the other hand is becoming more and more revealing and for Home to be touted as a Family friendly place it does tend to send mixed signals. Especially when a great number of the girls wearing the clothing are actually guys.

So, if there is a very small circle of talking heads that the Developers tend to listen too more when creating clothing items for men and women (and it is very possible), then the Developers need to re think this approach and allow a broader range of public input. It sucks when a few can speak for the many. I've been trying to egg Lockwood on to making a shoe line for men that dont glow, arent high tops, or cartoonish looking for quite some time now and its fallen on deaf ears.

But this is the sad reality of consumerism. When Madison avenue has that much power to tell the youth what they should be wearing, listening too, and eating, instead of it being the other way around with us telling them what we actually want...then the people that make the item content will also follow suit and put out what they THEY is trendy or in demand as opposed too what we would prefer to purchase.

So its a little of both. Suggestions from select people, and the developers forcefeeding us themselves. But the bottom line remains. If you dont like it, nobodys twisting arms to buy it.

Message 19 of 54 (162 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Oct 10, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

No arguement here. Your absolutely right. These developers on Home always tend to make things that appeal to mostly kids or teens. They forget that half the population on Home are adults and we don't like that crap.

bobs fed signature
Message 20 of 54 (142 Views)
0 Likes