Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: how many of you just got plus because of the home core update, only to find out...

Jan 25, 2013

I got it about a month ago just to be able to play Payday: The Heist which was a free download.

I'm not so sure if I'll allow myself to be locked in to the concurrent leasing renewal game though. It has its advantages but when you break it all down. Youre only leasing the games that are labled as FREE for PS + members. On the flip side there are games offered at reduced prices. But the hook is...if your console ever gets the YLOD so does your leased content.

Now the new argument will be with the new cloud storage all you have to do is buy another PS3.

But...I dont think I appreciate Sony spending my money for me. If my console dies I'd rather sell all my games and if its in the form of DLC then that isnt possible short of me selling my entire account.

Message 11 of 32 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Re: how many of you just got plus because of the home core update, only to find out...

Jan 25, 2013

Getting Plus just for Home is utterly daft and a waste, Diamond. Smiley Indifferent

sword-art-online
Message 12 of 32 (281 Views)
Splicer
36 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I have no problem admitting the benefits coming to Home thru Plus membership were the final push I needed to subscribe. Now, I'll take advantage of the other benefits, as well. So it's all win. My frustration over repeated decisions of which of the 24 saved outfits I would overwrite next was the biggest factor in my choice to become a Plus member. 

Now it'll soon be, Which of the 48? LOL But I think I'll manage. 

Message 13 of 32 (273 Views)
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 25, 2013
@Hypnotic_Inertia..... yes, but ive seen ppl do dummer things?
Message 14 of 32 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I might get plus, but first I want to see what the review of the perks are first before I do.  If they are in the update.

But I might get plus to play some games.  

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 15 of 32 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Jan 29, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:
I'm planning on renewing Plus anyway just to play the games I have collecting dust on my hard drive.

Me too. Don't really see that it's worth getting Plus just for Home, so I can have special options. Everyone should have the extra save slots, hair color and make up, pop up color, etc. Now if they let us get free personal spaces and let us keep them, like how they did in EU Home, I might change my mind then.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 32 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I think ive had plus since its first week,ive gotten more back than ive invested for sure,this will be just a BONUS,,,that i will thoroughly enjoy..im sure they have alot more cool stuff to come to plus this year..whats cool to me is the fact that games that i hesitated to buy on release,alot of them come to plus and i get them for free,and the exclusive stuff..well..its exclusive,hard not to like that..i cant see myself without ps plus,and probably will always have it,i think for me its a good deal and look forward to what ever they come up with...CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!...Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 17 of 32 (200 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Nope not buying PLUS for Home... That's for sure... But SONY does have a good offer started now for Plus memebers...

If u buy A YEAR of plus u get an Extra Three Month's of PLUS for FREE until March 4th 2013... Now that might be worth it... An Extra 3 Month's for FREE... WOW!  It been better if it were an extra 6 Month's Oh Well....  

Smiley Wink

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 18 of 32 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2036 posts

Jan 29, 2013
I've had Playstation plus for a while now, I use it for online storage, games, and discounts.

I would'nt buy it specifically just for Playstation Home, but I am Glad Playstation Plus users get more benefits out of Home now, it's just another good reason to have it. Cat Happy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 32 (170 Views)
Survivor
1630 posts

Jan 29, 2013

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/28/playstation-plus-sign-up-for-a-1-year-membership-get-3-mon...

PlayStation Plus: Sign Up For a 1-Year Membership, Get 3 Months Free

photo l_1ac92e40c72f428cb2c1ab1d6c3930c5-1-1.jpg
Message 20 of 32 (164 Views)
0 Likes