Reply
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: moderation in home.

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Crackle is age gated so it's up to the parents to see that their kids are protected and you do know that you can restrict pm's and messages simply to friends.  

Message 61 of 81 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/14/2013
Offline
169 posts
 

Re: moderation in home.

Jun 29, 2013
Yes you can your right. But we run a social organization, so we need to be able to receive messages/pms sometimes from people we don't know, so what just because we run a club we have to deal with perverts? So not justifiable. There will always be idiots with bad behaviour I understand this but I've worked on moderation for a game around the same size and player base as home, I'm sure all to many would agree that the moderation doesn't seem as good as it was here before. Also I don't feel the forums are publicized enough, throw it at the top of the "daily message" so people see they can come here and find help for their issues.
Message 62 of 81 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: moderation in home.

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Given your wife seems to be the target of abuse she could easily do that and you or your club could still receive messages. I understand your concern but there are ways to prevent her abuse either by PM or using Ignore. I am able to get around all the time without issues and I've been on Home for quite some time.

 

I have nothing blocked on Home either in world or on the xmb. I simply ignore the trouble makers and it's pretty easy to do. 

 

Tempest Fire explained the current moderation policy. There is absolutely nothing in that policy that implies it's less effective than before. Lots of people get banned, perhaps not as fast or as long as we like but they certainly do. I think most of us would love to see active moderation back in Home but I think he made that clear that isn't going to happen.

Message 63 of 81 (231 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 05/20/2011
Offline
412 posts
 

Re: moderation in home.

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

jrl51592 wrote:
To Regine__
I was misbehaving in 2010 and 2011. It wasn't until 2011 when I got punished for my behavior. First ban was from late August into early September of 2011. My second ban was from around Christmas 2011 into Janurary 2012. I'm guessing you're going to say something about how moderation was in 2011 compared to what it is now. I really couldn't tell you if they are still banning for that behavior anymore and I'm not going to try and get myself banned to prove that they are still banning for that behavior lol. But I hope they are still banning for that behavior though.
As for the things I was saying that got me banned, it was mostly just very sexual and inappropriate things that I was saying to people with female avatars. I didn't really use my avatar to harass people however, I did use it a few times but I was mostly using text instead. It's definetly not my proudest moment on Home and if I could, I would apologise to all the people that I harassed from 2010 to 2011 and also tell them thank you.

I think there was a misunderstanding. Sorry. Smiley Happy I really meant "AT the time" you were misbehaving what you said.

 

You see, I think that you were punished because others submitted a report about you that, "DID contain evidence", because what you said was in truth, a violation of the Terms of Service. That was the reason why disciplinary action was taken against you...Because of what you said.

 

The player depicted in the picture on the other hand, didn't say anything.

 

To us, this is a most disturbing form of harassment, which any of us would report right away, but I'm not so sure if this kind of behavior is actually a violation of any point in Home's Terms of Service, because anyone can do this using a legal emote.

 

I think that any report about this kind of behavior, will be counted for as, "a report without proof", or "crappy behavior", and thus, what I think, no action will be taken against that player.

 

I had hoped Tempest_Fire would have an answer to this question that I have for a while now.

 

 

Message 64 of 81 (200 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/14/2013
Offline
169 posts
 

Re: moderation in home.

Jun 29, 2013
Kudos my point exactly
Message 65 of 81 (199 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: moderation in home.

Jun 29, 2013

Regine__ wrote:

jrl51592 wrote:
To Regine__
I was misbehaving in 2010 and 2011. It wasn't until 2011 when I got punished for my behavior. First ban was from late August into early September of 2011. My second ban was from around Christmas 2011 into Janurary 2012. I'm guessing you're going to say something about how moderation was in 2011 compared to what it is now. I really couldn't tell you if they are still banning for that behavior anymore and I'm not going to try and get myself banned to prove that they are still banning for that behavior lol. But I hope they are still banning for that behavior though.
As for the things I was saying that got me banned, it was mostly just very sexual and inappropriate things that I was saying to people with female avatars. I didn't really use my avatar to harass people however, I did use it a few times but I was mostly using text instead. It's definetly not my proudest moment on Home and if I could, I would apologise to all the people that I harassed from 2010 to 2011 and also tell them thank you.

I think there was a misunderstanding. Sorry. Smiley Happy I really meant "AT the time" you were misbehaving what you said.

 

You see, I think that you were punished because others submitted a report about you that, "DID contain evidence", because what you said was in truth, a violation of the Terms of Service. That was the reason why disciplinary action was taken against you...Because of what you said.

 

The player depicted in the picture on the other hand, didn't say anything.

 

To us, this is a most disturbing form of harassment, which any of us would report right away, but I'm not so sure if this kind of behavior is actually a violation of any point in Home's Terms of Service, because anyone can do this using a legal emote.

 

I think that any report about this kind of behavior, will be counted for as, "a report without proof", or "crappy behavior", and thus, what I think, no action will be taken against that player.

 

I had hoped Tempest_Fire would have an answer to this question that I have for a while now.

 

 


He may have an answer for you on Monday. He's been quite active on the forum Mon-Fri the last couple of weeks. Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 66 of 81 (181 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
303 posts
 

Re: moderation in home.

Jun 30, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Crackle is age gated so it's up to the parents to see that their kids are protected and you do know that you can restrict pm's and messages simply to friends.  


Can you do that to the PMs in Home?


Wow, my signature is bright!
Message 67 of 81 (155 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: moderation in home.

Jun 30, 2013

ForeverFranconia wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Crackle is age gated so it's up to the parents to see that their kids are protected and you do know that you can restrict pm's and messages simply to friends.  


Can you do that to the PMs in Home?


That would be awesome although not all kids on home are kids. Smiley Wink

Message 68 of 81 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/20/2011
Offline
412 posts
 

Re: moderation in home.

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ForeverFranconia wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Crackle is age gated so it's up to the parents to see that their kids are protected and you do know that you can restrict pm's and messages simply to friends.  


Can you do that to the PMs in Home?


That would be awesome although not all kids on home are kids. Smiley Wink


Joanna, I think ForeverFranconia meant the PM channel. Smiley Happy

 

ForeverFranconia, you can switch the Private Message Channel off by pressing; Start, Options, Chatlog, Chat Channels, Personal, Show, and finally making the square of Personal Text black.

 

From then on you will no longer receive annoying PMs from strangers.

 

The only downside of this is, that YOU, and your friends cannot send any PMs to each other either, and it doesn't mention that a PM was NOT received. It's a channel that is being switched off. So, you have to tell your friends that they can use a normal message to communicate with you.

 

Another thing that you need to know is, that it doesn't remember your last setting, so each time that you sign in Home, you have to switch the PM channel off again, as it is 'on' by default. 

Message 69 of 81 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/28/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: moderation in home.

Jun 30, 2013

Yes you can all data is taken go to Sony HQ.

Message 70 of 81 (120 Views)