Oct 01 2009
By: lil_heartbreaker Wastelander 854 posts

no reason for this much downtime because...

37 replies 15 views Edited Oct 1, 2009

in the real world, sony should be well prepared for this (good thing theyre not charging a fee to access the PSN) but realistically, sony should have enough servers to mirror them, install the updates, test and make adjustments in a virtual environment. once thats completed then a minimal downtime would be needed to swtich over to the new servers.

granted this may be more difficult to accomplish in a WAN environment, but there is no way it should be taking this long.

also, i hate xbox and everything that goes with it, but really now, sony should take a lesson from microsoft Live service on this, because from this experience, they can learn alot

lastly, home was up as of 2:45AM last night.... 7:45 hour delay to get this started??? sad just sad

*edited for typos*

Message Edited by lil_heartbreaker on 10-01-2009 01:06 PM
Message 1 of 38 (15 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Re: no reason for this much downtime because...

Oct 1, 2009
You've got no idea what it takes to do what they are doing. So why don't you **bleep**.

"If a man wants to make a million dollars the best way would be to start his own religion" L. Ron Hubbard
Message 2 of 38 (15 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 1, 2009
It just goes to prove how addicted we are to the service that we can't do without it for a few hours. LoL
Message 3 of 38 (15 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Oct 1, 2009

Read a book, or catch up on some homework. The update will be here, once it is your eagerness will die down. lol. Just think of how many servers need to be up and running for 5 million users.... I can only imagine the coding and networking updates they would need to do (shoots myself) and believe me, I know a bit about it seeing as this is my current profession.

I'm sure it will be out by mid day the latest. And if not, I'll bet sony will throw in some extra bonuses. Look at what they gave us for extending it a week

Message 4 of 38 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Oct 1, 2009

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
It just goes to prove how addicted we are to the service that we can't do without it for a few hours. LoL

right on

I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 38 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
841 posts

Oct 1, 2009
i dont do this much...but...ARE YOU SERIOUS????? weve waited a month for this...ill wait all day for it as so it runs smooth...thanx DEVs for makeing sure it quality

Message 6 of 38 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
854 posts

Oct 1, 2009

Zombie__Assassin wrote:
You've got no idea what it takes to do what they are doing. So why don't you **bleep**.

servers is what i do... like you have a clue??? hahaha yeah right

Message 7 of 38 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Oct 1, 2009

lil_heartbreaker wrote:

Zombie__Assassin wrote:

servers is what i do... like you have a clue??? hahaha yeah right

haha, i actually laughed at that.
Message 8 of 38 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
854 posts

Oct 1, 2009

CustomFlip wrote:

Read a book, or catch up on some homework. The update will be here, once it is your eagerness will die down. lol. Just think of how many servers need to be up and running for 5 million users.... I can only imagine the coding and networking updates they would need to do (shoots myself) and believe me, I know a bit about it seeing as this is my current profession.

I'm sure it will be out by mid day the latest. And if not, I'll bet sony will throw in some extra bonuses. Look at what they gave us for extending it a week

my eagerness? what about the 10 other threads that were made today... theyre not eager? pffft

Message 9 of 38 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 1, 2009
OMG HOME IS UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k its not... hehehehehehhehehehehheh but yah for real, who cares how long it takes, im just glad it is for sure coming out today, i think the thing they should of did tho was took it down yesterday at 5:00(my time) like they said they would, so the patch would be here by now... but all well silly sony!
Message 10 of 38 (15 Views)
0 Likes