I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Re: pottermore pets ?

Apr 5, 2013

Cintilla wrote:

whyaskdouknow wrote:

do they follow u around in space ? havent seen any and those the owl sit on ur shoulder ?

I have the barn owl. Like the others have mentioned, it repeats the cycle of flying around then landing on one of your shoulders. Both actions last for the duration of approximately 10 seconds. I find it only "hoots" when it lands on your shoulder.

I agree with the others, I thought the $4.00 price tag was a bit steep. However, it's official digital merchandise and (unfortunately) companies tend charge a premium for it. Still, I didn't mind paying the extra couple of dollars. I really like my owl and the outfits. <33

thanks for info do u have to buy the one u have on ur account already

[Edited}
Message 21 of 34 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Re: pottermore pets ?

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

whyaskdouknow wrote:

Cintilla wrote:

whyaskdouknow wrote:

do they follow u around in space ? havent seen any and those the owl sit on ur shoulder ?

I have the barn owl. Like the others have mentioned, it repeats the cycle of flying around then landing on one of your shoulders. Both actions last for the duration of approximately 10 seconds. I find it only "hoots" when it lands on your shoulder.

I agree with the others, I thought the $4.00 price tag was a bit steep. However, it's official digital merchandise and (unfortunately) companies tend charge a premium for it. Still, I didn't mind paying the extra couple of dollars. I really like my owl and the outfits. <33

thanks for info do u have to buy the one u have on ur account already

Yeah, you have to buy the owl on PS Home. I wish it were possible to use the one from the Pottemore account. Would be nice. =)

Message 22 of 34 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Re: now that pottermore is here my question is this?

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

The owls are very well made and worth the price. In addition to landing on shoulders and hooting, they make a flapping sound when flying.

The cats are way too small (so far, Digital Leisure has the only normal sized cats in Home) and the toads are even smaller. You can see the toads outside of the pet shop in tanks.

I assume that is the actual size of the toad pet, but who knows, they could be even smaller, as the cat pets seem to be smaller then the ones sleeping on the train, and the owls are smaller then the ones outside the shop. 

Message 23 of 34 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

In addition to landing on shoulders and hooting, they make a flapping sound when flying.

I think only owners can hear the sounds... and while the flapping is cute... Clearly the devs are not biologists, as one of the special traits of most owls is that their wing and feather design and how they flap their wings makes them nearly silent... Which is why they are known as the stealth fighters of the bird of prey family.

It is a shame that only owners see and hear a lot of the special effects that many of the companions and LMOs have.  

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 24 of 34 (171 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28874 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Generally, a sound effect is added to enhance a moment or event. Even if it isn't "natural". Thus the sound of flapping wings. 

Just recently my wife and I watched a classic movie that included a speeding car. Even when racing on a sandy beach, it still had skidding sounds as if it were on a street.

Even Harry Callahan's gun has enhanced sound effects.

And I think limiting a sound effect to the owner of an item, device or animal is a sound one (pun intended). As hearing a bunch of different sounds from many people around us may prove to be annoying and irritating. Eventually, there'd be discussions on this forum demanding that the sounds would be limited to owners only...

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 25 of 34 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 5, 2013
But imagine if you heard everything. It would be a noisy @$$ place!
Antonio Xul
Message 26 of 34 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:
But imagine if you heard everything. It would be a noisy @$$ place!

Actually there are many ways of dealing with that.   For one, Home already has sound proximity options.  In fact, they are already in most public and personal spaces with sound effects.  You have to be near the object creating the sound to hear it.

For another, just like how we can select someone's companion and make it disappear, or even change the volume on some active items in other people's spaces, it is certainly possible we could have an option to mute sounds from specific items.

We also already have an option to adjust the volume of sound effects in Home using the option menu (Master Volume).

It is funny though to see certain people suggesting that only owners should be able to hear these sound effects also argue in other threads that the reason for a lot of limitations in Home is to make it feel more realistic (like not officially allowing people to 'float' objects in their spaces)... Yet what is more realistic, not hearing sounds that others can hear, or everyone hearing the same sounds?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 27 of 34 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Apr 6, 2013
I'm not against it, I just said imagine how noisy it'll be and yes, that will be more realistic.
Antonio Xul
Message 28 of 34 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Apr 6, 2013
I was sorted to griffyndore but I haven't gotten my colors yet..do I have to buy it or is it a reward I haven't gotten yet?
Message 29 of 34 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 6, 2013
tagee13, if you want colored robes you will need to visit the tailors shop in Diagon Alley. They are for sale and you can buy clothes from any house not just Gryffendore.
Support Forums
Message 30 of 34 (96 Views)
0 Likes