Fender Bender
2702 posts

Re: ps home relationships?

May 24, 2013

Homances are real.  Just ask Strychnin oh wait...

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 21 of 120 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

May 24, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

There is one thing I find very dumb...when i see people dating on ps home...they never met in real life and pretend to love each other..through home....

You mean like how people in Home pretend to fly?  How people in Home pretend to ride dragons?  How people in Home pretend to be students at Hogwarts?  How people in Home pretend to (fill in the blank of any number of things people do in Home because they enjoy doing it).

If there are people pretending to be in love, why is that any more or less different than anything else people pretend to do in a virtual world?  I can certainly think of much worse things people might pretend to do in Home (or any where for that matter, online or off).

Furthermore, it's important to remind ourselves there are real people behind each and every avatar (although I have my doubts about a certain Jill that hangs out at the park a lot) Smiley Wink  And when you allow yourself to open up, and really get to know someone and you let them get to know you, it doesn't surprise me in the least that there are likely many people who have genuine affection and even love for one another... Which is actually kind of cool, and not dumb.  It shows that even in a virtual world, many people are capable of having real personal connections with others, and not simply 'pretend'.

It wouldn't surprise me if some have taken their virtual relationship offline and found a great partner.

Personally, physical contact is much to important to me, so I would have a difficult time having just a virtual relationship, but as others have said, love is a funny thing, and you just never know where you might find it.  In fact, I would say that it often happens when you least expect it, and when you aren't looking for it - and the opposite can also be true, and when you try to look for love it is often elusive.

So my recommendation is to relax, have fun, and if others find love or you find love, whether its offline or online, embrace it. 

If physical contact is so important to you why not go down to the animal shelter and rescue a stray dog or cat.

Message 22 of 120 (800 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

May 24, 2013

join my club

Message 23 of 120 (795 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

May 24, 2013

sweetlight wrote:

join my club

seriously......not a good time

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 24 of 120 (787 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5454 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

This is something that really only my friends and people closest to me know, but I myself actually date someone on Home. We have been together now for approaching 6 months and yeah my feelings for him are actually very real. I don't see how anything that ever made/makes you happy can be dumb.

Even if we never meet in real life, he is still a rock to me. He is my best friend. I trust him with everything. I tell him everything. He knows me, he gets me and most of all we enjoy each others company.  I don't know what is dumb about that. Don't knock it until you try it.

Don't ever regret anything that once made you happy Smiley Wink

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 25 of 120 (782 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

May 24, 2013

ok...let me be honest myself.........i have dated on home....

<

Welcoming Committee   

Message 26 of 120 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

ok...let me be honest myself.........i have dated on home....

Most of your threads are, "Why do I do what I do?"   Smiley Tongue    Example

Message 27 of 120 (732 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

May 24, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

This is something that really only my friends and people closest to me know, but I myself actually date someone on Home. We have been together now for approaching 6 months and yeah my feelings for him are actually very real. I don't see how anything that ever made/makes you happy can be dumb.

Even if we never meet in real life, he is still a rock to me. He is my best friend. I trust him with everything. I tell him everything. He knows me, he gets me and most of all we enjoy each others company.  I don't know what is dumb about that. Don't knock it until you try it.

Don't ever regret anything that once made you happy Smiley Wink

Wish you the best in your relationship hun. There are real people behind those avatars. Smiley Happy

Jo

Message 28 of 120 (727 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

May 24, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

If physical contact is so important to you why not go down to the animal shelter and rescue a stray dog or cat.

DSCN2894b.jpg

He says "woof" (thanks)

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 29 of 120 (716 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

May 24, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

DSCN2894b.jpg

<

Welcoming Committee   

Message 30 of 120 (714 Views)
0 Likes