Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: ps3 home will last?

Apr 9, 2013

al2009man wrote:
Harry Potter isn't a "PS3 Platform Exclusive" Game.

Did anyone ever say it was?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 101 of 106 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Apr 10, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

al2009man wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:
We all know this... Its one thing to make suggestions and point out problems,,, But its another thing to mislead people by twisting facts and projecting other peoples quotes out of meaning to further an agenda...

Seems to me like the devs and managers are trying to fix things and smooth things over faster then they have in a long time...
 Of course you're going to have people who complain that its about time... Lets just roll with it and keep the suggestions and ideas going... It takes all of us to make this work...

Bug fixes?  Yes, Sony is working on thoes but most of the ones they are working on came with the 1.75 update.

meanwhile in 1.80 patch note

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/INFO-Home-1-80-Patch-Notes/td-p/40089557

GlassWalls wrote:
New Features and Improvements  
Improvements to Feature and Client Development

Significant changes have been made to the client to allow the development and release of future features without requiring a client update.

This means that future client patches will be more focuses on bug fixing and stability while New Features will be delivered on an individual and more regular basis outside of a client update.

Developing features in this way means we can make changes and implement bug fixes much faster, potentially on a weekly basis rather than having to wait until the next client release.

As this is a big change to the client, we aren't including a headline feature with this update to ensure it is as smooth, clean and focused as possible. 

Sorry I don't understand your point in all of this?  Are you just agreeing with me?

1.80's answer to your post. 

Message 102 of 106 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

al2009man wrote:
1.80's answer to your post. 

I've never asked a question.  I just said that the 1.80 update is mostly a bug fix that fixes the problems that came with the 1.75 update.  If we never had a 1.75 update there would be little need for this update.  

Here I'll poin it out...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Features and Improvements  
Improvements to Feature and Client Development

Significant changes have been made to the client to allow the development and release of future features without requiring a client update.

"This means that future client patches will be more focuses on bug fixing" and stability while New Features will be delivered on an individual and more regular basis outside of a client update.

Developing features in this way means we "can make changes and implement bug fixes much faster," potentially on a weekly basis rather than having to wait until the next client release.

As this is a big change to the client, we aren't including a headline feature with this update to ensure it is as smooth, clean and focused as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I don't even need to read the notes to know this.  We are going from Home 1.75 to Home 1.80.  I'll do the math for you that is a 0.05% update.  When updates are this small they are almost always bug fixes.  Sony is not saying much if anything about anything else being added to this update.

Again, bugs in Home that are older then 1.75 are not very likely to be fixed with the 1.80 update.

GAPHome

General

Message 103 of 106 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Apr 11, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:
suppose its pretty tight when you get talkin to everybody joanna. Wouldnt know bout success how do you get success in home

Well that all depends on how you measure success. For example, I choose to measure success by how many free t-shirts I can collect....  I'm VERY successful!!!Smiley Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 104 of 106 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Apr 11, 2013

It's pretty wasteful to update software unless you have significant future plans for it.  I wouldn't worry until you actually hear something.

Message 105 of 106 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Smoochy-Rhino wrote:

It's pretty wasteful to update software unless you have significant future plans for it.  I wouldn't worry until you actually hear something.

As I said before the biggest part of the 1.80 update is to fix most of the bugs that came with the 1.75 update.

GAPHome

General

Message 106 of 106 (82 Views)
0 Likes