First Son
4 posts

Re: "[Home] not a priority."

Nov 10, 2009
I don't know if this will help but I wonder if this error issue has anything to do with the type of hard drive that in the ps3? Anyone ever explore that?
Message 31 of 36 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

Nov 10, 2009
Would it be redundant to say Im not suprised...probably.
Photobucket
Message 32 of 36 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7781 posts

Nov 16, 2009

CydoniaX wrote:

Hi Home Community,

Allow me to put your  minds at ease about this recent press. The coverage of what Pete Edwards said at the London Games Conference was not only a misquote, it was a misreprentation of what he actually said. 

Edwards was saying that monetizing Home was not as big a priority as building a great platform, with a compelling environment and a strong community. Home is still a top priority for Sony and will continue to release quality content and provide a positive experience to our users.

And yes, we will continue working on fixing bugs, login problems, and other user issues.

Hope this helps!

~CydoniaX

Home will continue to release quality content and provide a positive experience?  I'm lost at this statement...  Since when has Home released quality content... ever?  Even your priced items in Home are junk and useless.  What is there to actually do in Home that can be a "positive" experience for the user?  (After the 2 minute boot up sequence and constant downloading of spaces.)  What does Home actually provide for the user here?!  Instead of sending a message via XMB, you can send one while looking at a visual representation of the community, randomly SPLIT up into pods of servers?  How does that reinforce a positive experience?  What is it's functionality and how does it differ from the XMB?  In other words, what is Home actually doing for the user besides adding a very limited virtual world to walk aimlessly upon?

Message 33 of 36 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7755 posts

Nov 16, 2009

Mak33 wrote:

CydoniaX wrote:

Hi Home Community,

Allow me to put your  minds at ease about this recent press. The coverage of what Pete Edwards said at the London Games Conference was not only a misquote, it was a misreprentation of what he actually said. 

Edwards was saying that monetizing Home was not as big a priority as building a great platform, with a compelling environment and a strong community. Home is still a top priority for Sony and will continue to release quality content and provide a positive experience to our users.

And yes, we will continue working on fixing bugs, login problems, and other user issues.

Hope this helps!

~CydoniaX

Home will continue to release quality content and provide a positive experience?  I'm lost at this statement...  Since when has Home released quality content... ever?  Even your priced items in Home are junk and useless.  What is there to actually do in Home that can be a "positive" experience for the user?  (After the 2 minute boot up sequence and constant downloading of spaces.)  What does Home actually provide for the user here?!  Instead of sending a message via XMB, you can send one while looking at a visual representation of the community, randomly SPLIT up into pods of servers?  How does that reinforce a positive experience?  What is it's functionality and how does it differ from the XMB?  In other words, what is Home actually doing for the user besides adding a very limited virtual world to walk aimlessly upon?

Obviously it isn't for you. It's a social networking app, first and formost. If you're not into socializing and making friends in the gaming community, don't boot the application. There are plenty of users having a great time using it. I enjoy it very much, thank you.

Message 34 of 36 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Nov 16, 2009
No T.V. Music player, Trophy Room, mini games for personal spaces that they promised a YEAR AGO. I think we all know home is not a priority now, they just have a few shoemaker devolopers to pump out silly over priced clothing/furniture. I only log on in the updates and its normally just for 5mins, if nothing in the update looks interesting(like just clothes) I dont log on at all. I spent around $25 on home and don't plan to spend another dime unless they come out with some of the things the promised, but I doubt they will anytime soon, and when they do in maybe 2 more years noone will be interested then.
Message 35 of 36 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Nov 16, 2009
I could have told you that just by using home. We pour money and ideas into home and they take the money for other things leaving no direction let alone funds for home dev. I quit spending money in home a while back and I won't till this situation changes. It's awful to me that home will continue to eat away new ps3 users money before they realize what we all inevitably do. Home was a beautiful idea that is now a sinking ship. 

Conspiracy:Walkthrough.

Message 36 of 36 (13 Views)