Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Re: stalking

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

Razlic-Dragon wrote:

....kk now for the turn  we called psnwhq to try to solve this issue and they told us that theres nothing they can do...... now my friend who is verry sick has three brain tumors irl and the poeple at the hq think its ok people make fun of her i would like to here everyones thoughts becuase some thing needs to change in the ps home world for people who are sick....

Hey,

Generally calling Sony Tech Support is best when you're having a PlayStation console or PlayStation Network connection issues... anything that could be "tech" related. Sony Tech does not moderate PSHome, they have dedicated Moderation Teams for this.

It's unfortunately that people use verbal abuse to harass others in our community (regardless of reason), but this will happen anywhere there's internet and people are free to type what they wish. This is also why the Home Team created tools for us to use to help protect ourselves against harassment.

Ignore

:: Target others by clicking (X) on their avatar or username in the chat log and click "Ignore" to hide their text bubbles; to prevent their avatar from looking at you and this will disable their emotes, so you cannot see them. It's very helpful.

Block

:: Much like the "Ignore" feature, this will permanently block others from contacting you in-world or via XMB (Xross Media Bar) messenger.

:: Press [Select] and choose the "Submit a Report" option to notify the moderation team. This will take some time, but they will receive the entire chat log and a screen shot of the reported abuse. Also, they will moderate everyone in the chat log history (not just the reported user). So if a couple users are harassing you; report one of them and moderation will deal with all of them if necessary.

If you every have questions about PlayStation Home or need help (items, tours, events, etc), feel free to send me a friend request or private message anytime - or post on the forum. I'm not a Moderator though, so I can only thelp teach you how to use your tools on Home to protect yourself.

Hope this helps,

S.

Message 11 of 26 (386 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Least I wasn't the only one to see the same typing on different names. someone had a bad day and wants attention I suppose.

The pen is mightier than the sword

Message 12 of 26 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Sep 24, 2012
I had the same impression of this thread as myalana.

I think the Forums provide little help on these issues. In-Home reporting, using the Ignore and Block options, and pm notification of Home moderation is the most useful approach.
Posted Image

Message 13 of 26 (329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 27, 2012

i think you for the mod id info so if thats the better approach then thats what we are going to do and to every one else its not the fact of getting attension its the fact of gett people who wont leave others alone and they need to go its unaccpectable and thats what we are trying to do

Message 14 of 26 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Razlic-Dragon wrote:

ok for every one on the playstation home world i have a verry sick friend on home who is being stalked ... earlyer today these people told her to just die n to kill herself and ect.....kk now for the turn  we called psnwhq to try to solve this issue and they told us that theres nothing they can do...... now my friend who is verry sick has three brain tumors irl and the poeple at the hq think its ok people make fun of her i would like to here everyones thoughts becuase some thing needs to change in the ps home world for people who are sick   thank you for the time and please let me know what you think

edit: usernames removed

So does her block feature not work or something?

bobs fed signature
Message 15 of 26 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

Razlic-Dragon wrote:

ok for every one on the playstation home world i have a verry sick friend on home who is being stalked ... earlyer today these people told her to just die n to kill herself and ect.....kk now for the turn  we called psnwhq to try to solve this issue and they told us that theres nothing they can do...... now my friend who is verry sick has three brain tumors irl and the poeple at the hq think its ok people make fun of her i would like to here everyones thoughts becuase some thing needs to change in the ps home world for people who are sick   thank you for the time and please let me know what you think

edit: usernames removed

So does her block feature not work or something?

Could you interpret that for me Bob? I couldn't understand it...aww nevermind, I'll just move along.

Message 16 of 26 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Sep 27, 2012
i think its pretty disrespectful toward razlic-dragon with some of the comments i seen on here. never the less... stalking is annoying. and we have many ways to stop it. to those who just say block, bullying can be crippling to some people. meaning hurtful by just a few words. im sorry this has happen razlic-dragon, your friend deserves respect like everyone else.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 17 of 26 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Hmm usually people with alternate accounts recognize other people with alternate accounts. Maybe you don't have what it takes to be a home_helper. *whistles.

Message 18 of 26 (265 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

I removed my comment. I'm going to stay out of this.

bobs fed signature
Message 19 of 26 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Sep 27, 2012

myalana wrote:

Hmmm. First post to the forums from each of the 3 who were first to post in this thread. All are riddled with similar grammar and spelling mistakes. This has been done before. I couldn't get past the 1st sentence in any of those. I didn't need to though. This is insulting.

**Edit: My mistake, there are no sentences. Each one is some kinda long rambling run-on thing.

More walruses ?

Message 20 of 26 (249 Views)
0 Likes