First Son
20 posts

Re: Up to $5 off PSN Purchase for Trophies (Feedback wanted)

Jan 2, 2011

hey i have a code for the moive 2012 and i have a code for the fox gun and stealth gun in ms peacewalker any offers for trades..ANY PSP OR PS3 GAME CODES WILL BE TAKEN AS A DEAL it can even be a mini psn blackjojer97 message me and lets make a deal i belive in honest trades so i WILL give my code first

Please use plain text.
Message 251 of 256 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Wow what a detailed proposal. I completely disagree however. This guy says it best:

Delriach wrote:I don't understand why people think that they are entitled to anything like this for just completing tasks in a game. It really makes no sense to me.

A better proposal is to reward people who spend money on games and services from the Playstation Network. The Playstation Rewards program is in beta right now.

Playstation Home could be a vehicle for rewarding game play activities with virtual prizes. There's already been a lacklustre attempt at this with a few games.

Please use plain text.
Message 252 of 256 (28 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jan 2, 2011

hey i have a code for the moive 2012 and i have a code for the fox gun and stealth gun in ms peacewalker any offers for trades..ANY PSP OR PS3 GAME CODES WILL BE TAKEN AS A DEAL it can even be a mini psn blackjojer97 message me and lets make a deal i belive in honest trades so i WILL give my code first i really want to trade asap...

Please use plain text.
Message 253 of 256 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jan 3, 2011

LiquidJ wrote:

The promotion would be open to all gamers.  (It wouldn't matter whether you bought the game new, used, rented it, or borrowed it).

• I originally tried to make this a one coupon per disc solution but that has since been shown to be unreasonable.  I was under the impression that Blu-rays had unique IDs, but it seems that they only have one per title not per disc.

It has recently come to my attention that some games do have unique ID’s per disc and that save files can be tied to this disc’s ID. Such as, the case where someone rented SmackDown vs. Raw 10 and then bought the game later only to find out he couldn’t use his save file with his bought copy. It only worked with the rented disc. Same thing when someone rented Spiderman 3 and then bought it later.  I’m not sure how many other games are like this.

Also Sony doesn’t want to reward people for used, rented, or borrowed games. Sony now has a rewards program that is currently in beta and has stated that only newly unwrapped games, even if they are from years ago, will count towards rewards progress. Used, rented and borrowed games will not count and somehow they can tell the difference between new and used. Probably the unique ID on every game disc. All games probably have a unique ID for each disc, but not all games use the ID to tie the disc and save file together.

Please use plain text.
Message 254 of 256 (28 Views)
Wastelander
767 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Hello,

Necro-posting... locking thread.

Feel free to create a new one if you'd like to continue this discussion on the new forums.

Thank you,

- RockinRetrobilly

Please use plain text.
Message 255 of 256 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
358 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Delriach wrote:
I don't understand why people think that they are entitled to anything like this for just completing tasks in a game. It really makes no sense to me.

It's not an entitlement.  It's an incentive program.  If the PSN store could stand on its own against Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, used sa;es. and even rival consoles stores then they don't need it.  However, if they needed an edge to give them a one up on the retail monsters in this industry than it works for both the customer and SCE.

Please use plain text.
Message 256 of 256 (28 Views)
0 Likes