Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Re: freezing!

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

shugger101 wrote:
That's it, I'm done! I'm selling my system and switching to xbox.

Good riddance.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 72 (330 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4099 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] Log-in and Game Data Issues

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

I am not experiencing any problems logging into Home, but all of my crystals saved at my Avalon Keep we're wiped out. 

Also, but I believe it is a different issue, I lost all my fish from my fish bowls from Digital Leisure, the oldest being nearly 60 days old... Now the oldest is just 1 day.  *sigh*

Also, but again it is likely a different issue, more than half the time I activate my Falcon companion from Granzella (Dream Bed Reward) it instantly freezes my system, forcing me to do a hard reboot of my PS3 and then tells me I need to rebuild the system files, which I do each time, taking nearly 30 min each time.

[Checking the forums and friends, these issues seem to be happening to a great deal of people]

HELP

Yes, I have cleared the cache. (Takes several minutes each time, and more to re download all the saved data in Home)

Yes, I have deleted and reinstalled Home. (Takes nearly an hour to do each time)

Yes, I use Ethernet connection.

Yes, I have very good service from my ISP (20-30 Mbps typical download speeds as tested using speedtest.net)

Yes, I have more than one PS3, and they all have the same problem when using Home.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 72 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
373 posts

Jan 25, 2013

*sigh*  D5027 error when trying to load into Aurora public space 30 seconds ago. 

Trying again, this time directly from the Nav after loading back into Home....holding breath....I'm in . whew

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 72 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1256 posts

Wardrobe Freezes & Shopping Freezes & HDD repair

Jan 25, 2013

Since the last maintenance update, I have continually gotten frozen when trying to shop and when going into my wardrobe.

When this happens, and I have to shut off my PS.  The time it took to repair my HDD was usually 4 to 10 minutes.

Since the last maintenance, my HDD repair is taking upwards of 30 to 45 minutes.

Last night I tried to go shopping and review any new items, but kept getting frozen and had to repair the HDD. Needless to say from 6 pm to 8 pm, I got a total of about 15 minutes of play time on home, the rest was sitting waiting for the HDD to repair.

I didn't try to go shopping again until after 11pm, when I successfully found what I wanted and purchased it without getting frozen.

However, when I tried to go into my wardrobe to put the RYUZU outfit on, I promptly got frozen, so I just shut off the PS.

This morning it took 45 minutes to repair the HDD and when I got onto home, I tried to go into my wardrobe and promptly got frozen and it's been about 15 minutes now, so I'll still have to wait another 30 minutes before the HDD repairs itself.

My question is how can I shorten the HDD repair from the current 45 minutes, back to the 4 to 10 minutes it used to take, before the last maintenance?

Is there anything I can do at my end to help myself?

With the amount of times PS freezes me, it just not worth going onto home if I'm going to spend 45 minutes every hour repairing the HDD.

My apologies JW, if I am not putting this into the correct thread.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 72 (308 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Re: Wardrobe Freezes & Shopping Freezes & HDD repair

Jan 25, 2013

I suggest you make a back up if you haven't already. You may have permanent HDD damage already. Have you tried Safe Mode option 3? Click the words Safe Mode for a link and follow the video. It may be time to consider changing the HDD.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 72 (304 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3362 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Pyawakitt, since you mentioned that this happened starting Wednesday, I've merged your thread into the feedback thread. The Home dev team is working on fixing some of the issues you mentioned. If you have any more info feel free to post i there.

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 72 (291 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3284 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I just got home and signed on, in less then 5 minutes not only did I receive a DNS error but I got completely logged out of the network and got a 807xxxxxx error as well.   This is getting absolutely ridiculous :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 72 (273 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Lost all my crystals too. I also lost all my unlocks for Avalon Keep/clubhouse that I purchased with crystals. did my data get wiped? I haven't had any issues with Home aside from this.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 72 (263 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3362 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I've made specific note of Avalon Keep losing crystals as it seems that is a common issue right now. If you have any more details be sure to let me know here.

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 72 (257 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 26, 2013

In the Avalon Keep Space my area reset and now my gift machine has no items and the rewards i purchased using crystals for my owners account has reset .The wand, the huge crystals, the chair, ect. have to be re-purchased. How can this problem be fixed. It took a very long time to get.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 72 (247 Views)
0 Likes