Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 13 2013
By: Reaper3480 Splicer 67 posts

False reporting on ps home

6 replies 264 views Edited May 13, 2013

What are some reasons that constitute false reporting in the ps home. For example someone reported you for just taking pictures when you were just doing some skateboarding in acorn meadows but reported you for taking pictures cause of it.

Message 1 of 7 (264 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15588 posts

Re: False reporting on ps home

May 13, 2013

That is entirely for the Home moderation team to decide.  False reporting means that you reporting someone for misconduct that did not occur.  The moderation team doesn't actually believe normal member's reports anyway.  They either have to confirm the offense by studying logs, or they have to have witnessed the offense themselves; or received the report from a source they consider trustworthy.  Reporting something as misconduct, that is not actually against the rules, is something different.  They can just ignore that, or correct the reporter if it happens too often.  If there is no way to be sure if the report is accurate or not, then generally no action is taken; although the Home moderation team does have the ability to observe the accused member while invisible; and monitor their behavior without their knowledge.

GKP
Message 2 of 7 (257 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

alright well someone reported me for harrasment just for skateboarding around taking pictures of myself and i have reason to belive this was a false report on me just for doing so cause i never even talked to the person who reported me for it.

Message 3 of 7 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

May 13, 2013

Some people say they will report you, but don't just to pick a fight, and make you say something you might get reported for, just ignore them. If they actually did report you, everything will be reviewed( they check the  logs) and if the other person made a false report they get into trouble themselves

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 4 of 7 (218 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

May 14, 2013

Yeah I get that but this person did and I didn't do anything to her to be reported for

Message 5 of 7 (202 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5125 posts

May 14, 2013

I wouln't worry about the person reporting you if you were just taking pictures. As ralahinn1 said, moderators will see it and review it, but I doubt they will ban you or anything like that for just taking pictures. The camera is there for a reason.. and that is to take pictures :smileywink:

Message 6 of 7 (182 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

May 14, 2013

Yeah I agree cause that is all I was doing just taking pictures

Message 7 of 7 (176 Views)
0 Likes