Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 03 2013
By: SnowHood-Ride50 Hekseville Citizen 320 posts

LOOT RADIO ISSUES

6 replies 261 views Edited Apr 3, 2013

WHEN is this going to be fixed also somethinggoing on with something for the past few weeks  whenever i wanna listen to my loot radio   the name and Artist never change and i thought it wouild be fixed  by now and its still not, BUT NOW TONIGHT EVERYTIME I wanna listen to radio  station  i get error MESSAGE PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER WITH ERROR MESSAGE 102.  COME ON SONY.   something always going on, i know its my not end its yours.  why did i to pay for these radios if i cant enjoy them.  between the error messages i  get  and now this i cant deal with this anymore

Message 1 of 7 (261 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9378 posts

Re: LOOT RADIO ISSUES

Apr 3, 2013
I will add to this for you Joystick as its actually a pretty annoying issue.
I cant speak on behalf of SnowHood but this is whats happening to me:

- loot radio for the past month instead of showing the artist and track name is hung up on one artist and one track, despite what song is playing.
In my case, EVERY artist is 'Gary Allen' and I have reinstalled Home, cleared cache, increased cache and all that good stuff to no avail.
Its annoying because you cant figure out which song or artist is playing to either research further or to tell friends what artist we are listening to.

I am Canadian for the record but that shouldnt be the problem as it worked fine before.
Thanks Joystick_Warrior you may want to inform LOOT because I've been asking around and its effecting almost everyone.
Cheers! ~
Support Forums
Message 2 of 7 (249 Views)
Fender Bender
2462 posts

Apr 3, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
I will add to this for you Joystick as its actually a pretty annoying issue.
I cant speak on behalf of SnowHood but this is whats happening to me:

- loot radio for the past month instead of showing the artist and track name is hung up on one artist and one track, despite what song is playing.
In my case, EVERY artist is 'Gary Allen' and I have reinstalled Home, cleared cache, increased cache and all that good stuff to no avail.
Its annoying because you cant figure out which song or artist is playing to either research further or to tell friends what artist we are listening to.

I am Canadian for the record but that shouldnt be the problem as it worked fine before.
Thanks Joystick_Warrior you may want to inform LOOT because I've been asking around and its effecting almost everyone.
Cheers! ~

Different issue than OP but I have the same problem and find it annoying when I want to look up an artist or song title. 

It has nothing to do with Canada as I'm in USA.

Reported here and J_W said they'd look into it. 

This is here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-Support/Loot-RadioIO-not-updating-song-title...

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 3 of 7 (245 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3956 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Correct, the artist issue is still being looked into at the moment. In the mean time I recommend using Shazam or Sound Hound to find the name of your song :smileywink:

With SnowHood's original issue, I haven't hear of an issue like that. I'll look into that more, but it sounds like a possible connection issue to the servers that house the Radio stuff. Snowhood if you can give me any more information about your problem and possibly some internet specs that would be helpful. Thanks!

J_W

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^

Message 4 of 7 (235 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Apr 4, 2013

JW  why should we  look up the songs of kazamm or sound hound.some songs  we dont know the name of it and even if we know the song we  may noit be sure of the artist.   we pay to these loot radios to  lisren to and work.   they need  to get fixed.   its like 15 dollars for the bundle was just a  waste.  once again sony dont care.

Message 5 of 7 (186 Views)
Fender Bender
2462 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

SnowHood-Ride50 wrote:

JW  why should we  look up the songs of kazamm or sound hound.some songs  we dont know the name of it and even if we know the song we  may noit be sure of the artist.   we pay to these loot radios to  lisren to and work.   they need  to get fixed.   its like 15 dollars for the bundle was just a  waste.  once again sony dont care.

I don't want to go into the "sony dont care" remark but doggone it, if I don't know the song or artist it's kind of hard but not impossible to get the song. I've never tried Sound Hound or Shazam. Here's a link on an aritcle as to comparing the two: http://www.techhive.com/article/2011937/music-id-app-face-off-shazam-vs-soundhound.html

They use apps and apparently one can sing part of a song to get the title at least sometimes. But I don't think it works with the PS3 RadioIO. On the station I usually listen to: http://www.radioio.com/channels/Rock/50s-and-60s-Rock I often if not usually know the songs but if I'm listening to jazz or some other form of music, I don't have a clue most of the time.  

On the link I provided to RadioIO for computer the artist is listed as it is on other links when I've tried them (which isn't often).

I depended on PS3's radio information but the information is frozen and Sound Hound and Shazam aren't of help.

I suppose I can live without the song titles and artists but it's more interesting to know.

I sure miss top 40 news, weather and sports and the disc jockeys. They had a good variety of music not all of which I admittedly liked. FM changed a lot of things, didn't it? And for the better I think.

EDIT: I'm adding this just for the humor and yes it was a hit, no it was almost a hit depending on definition of a hit.

Mark Dinning sings

Message 6 of 7 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2462 posts

Apr 7, 2013

At someone else's space they had a station on that showed the correct song/artist. I asked if I could try the Elvis 50s 60s station and it still did not show song/artist. Another that doesn't when I got back to my own space was old time country (I think Johnny Cash picture). 

Whether it is being fixed slowly or was this way since the problem first surfaced, some stations do show the right information at least some of the time. I don't know how many.

Message 7 of 7 (154 Views)
0 Likes