Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 03 2012
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4245 posts

Lockwood Gift Machine Errors & Freezes - May Corrupt Your Data!

16 replies 914 views Edited Oct 3, 2012

Warning to anyone who wants to use the Lockwood Gift Machine, it is having all sorts of problems right now.  In the past hour after several attempts to send gifts it has done all of the following:

Automatically exited me out of the machine interface, and then said game is not available, and the only fix was to remove the machine and place it back.  In the public space I suspect you will have to leave and come back to reset it.

It has frozen my PS3 four times while trying to select items, and upon restarting my PS3 it had me rebuild my System Files.

The one time I got to the end of the process and clicked send, it then booted me out of the machine and told me not to leave the scene until the process ends... but it never did.

What a mess.

I don't recommend anyone use the Gift machine and certainly not purchase any items until they resolve this issue, as you might lose tokens or worse off, corrupt your data.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (914 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1357 posts

Re: Lockwood Gift Machine Errors & Freezes - May Corrupt Your Data!

Oct 4, 2012
I didn't have anymore freezing issues when I decided to go and use my Lockwood gift machine located in one of my personal spaces, perhaps you could give it a try.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (892 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11212 posts

Oct 4, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

Warning to anyone who wants to use the Lockwood Gift Machine, it is having all sorts of problems right now.  In the past hour after several attempts to send gifts it has done all of the following:

Automatically exited me out of the machine interface, and then said game is not available, and the only fix was to remove the machine and place it back.  In the public space I suspect you will have to leave and come back to reset it.

It has frozen my PS3 four times while trying to select items, and upon restarting my PS3 it had me rebuild my System Files.

The one time I got to the end of the process and clicked send, it then booted me out of the machine and told me not to leave the scene until the process ends... but it never did.

What a mess.

I don't recommend anyone use the Gift machine and certainly not purchase any items until they resolve this issue, as you might lose tokens or worse off, corrupt your data.

I think is because of this:

Lockwood Publishing  Lockwood_Ltd  replied to one of your Tweets    al2009man1 gmail.com   Gmail.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (883 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I'm sure this plays a part... But to be frank, the Gift Machne has never worked properly.  For instance since it's release if you try and send an item to multiple people it always has a long delay, and then you get a message saying the item was undeliverable to every other person you tried to send that item to.

So let's say you are trying to send 20 people the same item, after you select the 20 names and click send, after about 4 min you will get the message that the item was undeliverable to half of the names.

So then after you select the 10 names that failed to get the item, you have to wait another 2 min only to get the same message showing half of those also didn't get it.

So then after you select and send the item to those 5 names, once again you get the same message showing half of those also didn't get the item.

Thus it takes an exceptionally long time to send items to multiple people as each attempt results in only every other person getting the item each time you send.

Even Conrad_Max would have a hard time trying to convince anyone that this is anything but an error.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (878 Views)
Sackboy
393 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I've been communicating with Lockwood about that problem today, Nitrate. First they said it was probably server overload due to the pink items. After I told them that the problem has been happening for months, I was told that maybe my Internet connection was too slow.

I just replied showing them the speed of my Comcast cable connection, and they said it was plenty of speed. They are going to look at my account, I'll post back if I hear anything helpful.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (858 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Oct 7, 2012

The Gift Machine now freezes my PS3 every time if I use one that isn't built-in to a space.   This is really inexcusable.

"Like it never happened"

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (834 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1491 posts

Oct 9, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

The Gift Machine now freezes my PS3 every time if I use one that isn't built-in to a space.   This is really inexcusable.

I know there has been a rash of issues with the Lockwood Gift machine. But for those of you using an installed Lockwood Gift Machine (not the baked in one), please check the color of the machine. If you have the Red machine installed, there is a newer one that is Blue. All you have to do is download and install it in your personal space, after removing the Red machine. This resolved some of the issues people were having with the Lockwood Gift Machine.

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (808 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

MysticMur wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

I know there has been a rash of issues with the Lockwood Gift machine. But for those of you using an installed Lockwood Gift Machine (not the baked in one), please check the color of the machine. If you have the Red machine installed, there is a newer one that is Blue. All you have to do is download and install it in your personal space, after removing the Red machine. This resolved some of the issues people were having with the Lockwood Gift Machine.

I've used both the red and blue and both keep crashing equally.

"Like it never happened"

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (790 Views)
Fender Bender
1491 posts

Oct 10, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

MysticMur wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Too bad changing to the Blue Lockwood Gift Machine doesn't work for you. It has for some people. So for those of you who have not changed to the blue one, give it a try.  

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (775 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1287 posts

Oct 14, 2012

MysticMur wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

MysticMur wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Too bad changing to the Blue Lockwood Gift Machine doesn't work for you. It has for some people. So for those of you who have not changed to the blue one, give it a try.  

The original Gift Machine was the blue one.  The "newer" machine (rebranded as v2.0) is the red one that was handed out as a reward in the Sodium Hub as of March 2011.  Lockwood says that both machines use the same code so there should be no difference between the two.  I'll admit I reverted to using the older blue Gift Machine because I found it looks cooler, and because several users reported that they thought the blue edition was more stable than the red one.

D-N, as for the Gift Machine constantly failing to send gifts to people, my impression is there often seems to be something 'wrong' with the recipient's account when that happens.  I've noticed that there's alway a few names, each time, who constantly pop up in the send failure notice.   Older accounts and users who own many inventory items seem to experience the issue the most often for some reason.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (745 Views)