Treasure Hunter
4478 posts

Re: Lockwood Gift Machine Errors & Freezes - May Corrupt Your Data!

Oct 18, 2012

Katsuune wrote:

The original Gift Machine was the blue one.  The "newer" machine (rebranded as v2.0) is the red one that was handed out as a reward in the Sodium Hub as of March 2011.  Lockwood says that both machines use the same code so there should be no difference between the two.  I'll admit I reverted to using the older blue Gift Machine because I found it looks cooler, and because several users reported that they thought the blue edition was more stable than the red one.

D-N, as for the Gift Machine constantly failing to send gifts to people, my impression is there often seems to be something 'wrong' with the recipient's account when that happens.  I've noticed that there's alway a few names, each time, who constantly pop up in the send failure notice.   Older accounts and users who own many inventory items seem to experience the issue the most often for some reason.

You probably thought it is account related due to the fact that every other person you include results in an error, and so if you happen to be sendinit items to the same list, the same accounts will get the error as they will be in the same order.

Trust me, I've tested this out numerous times, and it always gives an error offor every other person when you send as a group.  If you try sending one at a time, then it still gives the error message every other attempt.

This isn't a new problem, and so far Lockwood has not done anything to fix it.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 11 of 17 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
393 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Unfortunately they can't fix it. I got a long email from them recently explaining why; I posted its contents in a related thread but can't find it at the moment. It's basically a limitation with how rewards are handed out in Home.
Message 12 of 17 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Sony  When  are u going to fix This Issue.   I HAVE Tokens i cant use THEM CAUSE Everytime i try to use lockwood to gift machine to send out gifts my machine freezes  up and ii have to reboot my machine.  This is  A Pain.  IF I Cant the gift machine i wnt a refund on my tokens I Bought.   This is not Fair whats the sense of having a gift machine and to send gifts to people if its going to only freeze ur system and not work Whats the Point .  Sony u need to fix This.

Message 13 of 17 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13180 posts

Oct 21, 2012

SnowHood-Ride50 wrote:

Sony  When  are u going to fix This Issue.   I HAVE Tokens i cant use THEM CAUSE Everytime i try to use lockwood to gift machine to send out gifts my machine freezes  up and ii have to reboot my machine.  This is  A Pain.  IF I Cant the gift machine i wnt a refund on my tokens I Bought.   This is not Fair whats the sense of having a gift machine and to send gifts to people if its going to only freeze ur system and not work Whats the Point .  Sony u need to fix This.

Reminder: Lockwood Publishing is the creator of The Lockwood Gift Machine, not SCE. 

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 14 of 17 (283 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Nov 1, 2012
can some1 please buy me something in the gift machine Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 17 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10285 posts

Nov 3, 2012
Didnt happen to me personally, but I had a..... friend?.. Tell another friend of mine last night that he sent her a coyote from the gift machine but she already had it. And supposedly it took his tokens anyways.
Message 16 of 17 (249 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 20, 2013

my gift machine is having the same issues, i've got tokens i can't access and im upset about it

Message 17 of 17 (143 Views)
0 Likes