Dec 19 2008
By: PsychoticTalent Uncharted Territory 1748 posts

$0.49 to $1.99 Bad move - Who else agrees?

309 replies 12 views Edited Dec 19, 2008

I was quite surprised when I first saw that clothing and accessories were only $0.49 - I said to myself, "Wow, this isn't going to be that bad actually, they made a good move." Then I logged on today to look around and went into the mall to see if there was anything new in the mall. After looking in the clothing department I found a bunch of new clothing. However, I looked at the price tag of $1.99 and my jaw dropped.

In my opinion, this is beyond stupid. $1.99 for a piece of clothing you might wear once or twice? I'm sure alot would agree that the price $0.49 was a perfect price for everyone. Greed for money? Most likely.

In beta terms, I could also see that they are testing how many people would buy there products if the put the price at $1.99 and if it didn't work well that they would put it back to $0.49. Now I'm no means a cheapo, but like c'mon, get real. If some people are buying a piece of clothing for $1.99 you really need to think if it's actually worth paying for something like that.

Bad move to whomever is in charge of prices. My recommendation: drop it back to $0.49, you had me personally there, but anything more, you're getting greedy and people won't like it.

Message 1 of 310 (12 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6129 posts

Re: $0.49 to $1.99 Bad move - Who else agrees?

Dec 19, 2008
Nay.

Don't buy it then, EINSTEIN!
Random Images
Message 2 of 310 (12 Views)
Wastelander
817 posts

Dec 19, 2008

i have to agree .49 is a good price for items,going to 1.99 for a t-shirt is not a good move.I can go buy a real shirt for 4 bucks at walmart and get more use out of it.

I'm not one that thinks everything should be free but I feel they should be reasonably priced.The first rnd of pricing i thought was reasonable, now just no so good.

vlr1
Message 3 of 310 (12 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1748 posts

Dec 19, 2008

drupac2k8 wrote:
Nay.

Don't buy it then, EINSTEIN!

I won't be. I'm just seeing who think that hiking the price for a piece of clothing isn't the brightest of ideas.
Message 4 of 310 (12 Views)
Splicer
72 posts

Dec 19, 2008
I do agree that $1.99 is too much, but I don't think I would have bought most of the stuff anyway so I'm not going to complain.
Message 5 of 310 (12 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

Dec 19, 2008
I agree, and I also think (hope) that they're just testing things out. .49 is tolerable, $1.99 is hilarious.
Message 6 of 310 (12 Views)
Sackboy
588 posts

Dec 19, 2008

I notice people on this forum are saying things like "why pay for useless items"?

My question would be: if you think the items are useless why would it bother you that they cost money since you apparently don't want them anyway?

If you want the items then they have a perceived value to you.  If they have a perceived value then logically Sony can make money charging you for them.  Its called capitalism.

Personally speaking I've only spent $3 so far and got 6 different items.  I think its cheap and dare I say it fun to buy things like a business suit for my avatar.

Message Edited by Piper999 on 12-19-2008 10:04 AM
Message 7 of 310 (12 Views)
Wastelander
742 posts

Dec 19, 2008
The Diesel and Ligne Roset items have a base price of $1.99, because they're designer items...Really has nothing to do with Sonys items (although I'm sure Sony makes some profit from it, not as much as the company offering said items)...Nothing has changed, only some new clothes/furniture/ornaments were added at a slightly higher price...Still, does seem a bit too much for a virtual designer shirt if you ask me...Just my $.02
Message 8 of 310 (12 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9669 posts

Dec 19, 2008

Piper999 wrote:

I notice people on this forum are saying things like "why pay for useless items"?

My question would be: if you think the items are useless why would it bother you that they cost money since you apparently don't want them anyway?

If you want the items then they have a perceived value to you.  If they have a perceived value then logically Sony can make money charging you for them.  Its called capitalism.

Personally speaking I've only spent $3 so far and got 6 different items.  I think its cheap and dare I say it fun to buy things like a business suit for my avatar.

Message Edited by Piper999 on 12-19-2008 10:04 AM

A good way to put it.  I believe that people post such pointless threads in order to incite some kind of boycott against Sony, or they are wishfully thinking that by whining and complaining, items will "magically" become free.

bobtheenzyteguy Trophy Card

Kudos me, and I'll kudos you.
Message 9 of 310 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Dec 19, 2008

PsychoticTalent wrote:

I was quite surprised when I first saw that clothing and accessories were only $0.49 - I said to myself, "Wow, this isn't going to be that bad actually, they made a good move." Then I logged on today to look around and went into the mall to see if there was anything new in the mall. After looking in the clothing department I found a bunch of new clothing. However, I looked at the price tag of $1.99 and my jaw dropped.

In my opinion, this is beyond stupid. $1.99 for a piece of clothing you might wear once or twice? I'm sure alot would agree that the price $0.49 was a perfect price for everyone. Greed for money? Most likely.

In beta terms, I could also see that they are testing how many people would buy there products if the put the price at $1.99 and if it didn't work well that they would put it back to $0.49. Now I'm no means a cheapo, but like c'mon, get real. If some people are buying a piece of clothing for $1.99 you really need to think if it's actually worth paying for something like that.

Bad move to whomever is in charge of prices. My recommendation: drop it back to $0.49, you had me personally there, but anything more, you're getting greedy and people won't like it.

i agree. even 49 cents is to much for virtual clothes. we should have the option of making our own fake clothes. 2 dollars for a shirt but its 5 dollars for a house. you gotta be kidding. im gonna have to start charging my friends to visit my studio. dont worry its only 25 cents monday thru friday. 50 cents saturday thru sunday. or i reccomend the weekly pass for the low price of 1.99.
Message 10 of 310 (12 Views)