Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Re: 1.75 update did not kill... "it"

Mar 3, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:
So you expect Sony to spend the time and money to write a program to sniff out and remove ISE'd items? NOT.

How would it know if the reward wasn't legitimately earned?

ISE is nothing more than a backdoor that grants access to a database. Stop access to the database, you stop ISE.

If it hasn't been done by now, I doubt it ever will.

You need to come down off your soapbox and stop worrying about the small stuff. Home has bigger issues that need to be addressed.

First I have to agree with you on the first part of your post.  Sony needs to spend there time on other things like fixing known bugs and maken Home more fun

But!...  ISE is not a backdoor that grants access to a database.  ISE is the database.  People still don't get it every item in Home has a code to it ISE is just a dictionary or phone book of all these codes.  Another example would be a file on your computer tell me where it is and I can get it or make a copy of it and I can put it on my computer.  This is why the ISE exploit has to be updated everytime new items are added to Home.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 133 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Mar 3, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Copyright infringement, because the people who use the program that exploits the items are making a profit off of items that they do not have the rights to sell.

Who is makeing a profit off of items?  No one is selling anyting.  ISE only works on free items.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 133 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Mar 3, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Ive been passively reading these threads over and over and over for weeks. Buck you are not wrong to say what you are saying. ISE hurts Homes bottom line and pushes developers away from the service if people are just going to steal all their items. It has happened, continues to happen and all you forum members condoning it are extremely wrong. You say you care about this service yet you damage it with this bs idea that non ISE users are jealous. That is not true. It hurts the service bottom line and if you really care you would help report. Sony DOES care and has patched it out numerous times only to have it come back. It is an exploit it is against the TOS and the only people defending it are either passively turning a blind eye to it (not helping) or are engaging in ISE practices themselves (also not helping).

Again, how is any of this ture?  "ISE hurts Homes bottom line and pushes developers away from the service".  I know I say the same thing over and over again but ISE only works on free items.  There for if I was a devloper for Home and I'm maken a free item what would I cair if someone uses the ISE exploit?  I'm not going to get paid if someone wins the item for free and I'm not going to make any money if they use ISE.  But if I make a paid item I'm going to get paid if someone buys it.

There for ISE does not hurt Home as much as you seem to think it does.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 133 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5816 posts

Mar 3, 2013
"Did you not see this.....(Trolling? Pfft .... Entertainment.) You should pay attention."

Mobile version doesnt show footnotes. So no i didnt see it. I am here with an actual concern.. which is why these forums are here. you openly admit to being here to troll and im worthless? You must be a customer support representative in disguise.

(@TheLunatic funny how you say "john doe" almost as if you know more than you should.) What exactly do i know?

More than you should.
Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 133 (112 Views)
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Mar 3, 2013

The top part was to a different post not towards you the bottom was and i would like for you to tell me what you think i know?

Home has its own CIA, Didn't you know? .....Contradiction,Ignorance,Assumption.
Everyone is a lunatic its just when will they break from the asylum, I have.
Trolling? Pfft .... Entertainment.
Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 133 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 3, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
"Did you not see this.....(Trolling? Pfft .... Entertainment.) You should pay attention."

Mobile version doesnt show footnotes. So no i didnt see it. I am here with an actual concern.. which is why these forums are here. you openly admit to being here to troll and im worthless? You must be a customer support representative in disguise.

(@TheLunatic funny how you say "john doe" almost as if you know more than you should.) What exactly do i know?

More than you should.

Haha, my friend some people really are stupid:robottongue:. There's also an option that allows you to not show them.

-Does not accept random friend requests- :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 133 (105 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8653 posts

Mar 3, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:

@king Not everyone uses multipule regions.

Not everyone uses ISE...  My point was you will even see people on this BBS admit to region hops in there posts.  But both ISE and region hopping are frowned upon by Sony.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 133 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Mar 3, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

buckallmighty wrote:

Not everyone uses ISE...  My point was you will even see people on this BBS admit to region hops in there posts.  But both ISE and region hopping are frowned upon by Sony.

Region hopping is in the same boat :smileytongue: is that still possible anymore?

This is my signature. This is a ninja QK
Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 133 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9214 posts

Mar 3, 2013
@King it isnt just free rewards that can be ISE'd. You are believing a rumor as I know users who do grab items that are paid for in other regions as well as free rewards.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 133 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7511 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:

@TheLunatic funny how you say "john doe" almost as if you know more than you should.

@myalana yes no link because anyone who has been here from day one watched it happen.

I was here before day one, were you?

You just proved my point. You know little about what you speak of. In this case, you are a shining example of how a little knowledge is dangerous.

Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 133 (136 Views)
0 Likes