Reply
Jan 08 2010
By: Ash-Dash Lombax Warrior 104 posts
Offline

A Few HOME ideas (hope this gets looked at)

15 replies 16 views Edited Jan 8, 2010

Hello everyone

 

 

I've been a member of the HOME community since Open Beta. First off, I want to say thank you to Sony and their staff for what they're trying to accomplish with this project. Don't worry about all the Naysayers and instead focus on constant improvement. I have a few ideas I wanted to share. Some of which I'm sure might have been mentioned before. Some, probably not. But anyway, here it goes

 

 

TV in personal spaces- if you can actually have a working TV set in your apartment that you can show videos you have on your ps3 hard drive or even on disc that would make the private spaces much more useable. When you guys put that Television in the summer house during Xi, that was great!!! But it was also a HUGE tease. I understand there might be alot of legality involved. But for the sake of HOME's evolution, make it happen

 

 

Stereo in personal spaces- this, just like is pretty much the same issue as the TV. When ppl have parties, people are forced to play makeshift music through their headsets. Most of the time, the sound isn't of great quality because of the improvisation. If you guys would give us a scenario where we could have a working stereo in our apt that we can share our music just like the TV idea that would be perfect.

 

 

Board games in personal spaces - Think about this for a second. You allow us to buy furniture. Tables, chairs, etc. But how often does anyone REALLY use them? Let us buy things like board games. It would make personal spaces more "personal" and enjoyable for friends to get together. Imagine playing say monopoly with your friends on HOME. Or Scrabble. Or even Clue. And let's take it one step further. A lot of these board games have many different versions that have came out over the years. Not only would you be able to sell the board games themselves, but you might even be able to make extra off selling the different versions as "skins"

 

 

A Deck of Playing Cards - If you gave the community their own playing card deck this would be another wonderful little add-on feature. The idea itself wouldn't take away from EA or the Godfather spaces because you can't win points and/or prizes from it. But yeah, that's just an idea

 

 

More parlor style games - How about interactive things for those wide open spaces in our apartments. Things like table tennis or Air hockey might be a good idea.

 

 

Have Loot Upgrade their Movie Apartments- When loot first showed off their trailer for the movie studio apt, they showed functionality to it. For example, one of the green screens had a moving image or video of a turtle. If, possible, allow them to complete the features that they themselves have shown are possible. And also,  Make the cameras actually record things. The movie studio might have been the BEST (personal opinion) apartment if the proper functionality was implemented.

 

 

Make the Flooring expandable - Personally, I love the idea of allowing us to have flooring. But if at all possible, can you allow us to increase, decrease, and expand the size of it?

 

 

Legos -Now to me, this might be the best idea yet. Imagine if you allowed us to buy our own lego sets. You guys are promoting user-created content heavily. So how about implementing that idea in HOME. Let the community buy Lego sets from you and build their OWN furniture and ornaments. 

 

*this next part of the lego idea isn't mine, this part was suggested to me by a dear friend of mine named Trish.

 

Let's take the lego and user created idea one step further. What if you allowed people to share and MAYBE even sell their creations to other people within the HOME community? I personally think you would make a great deal of money because people would buy your lego sets in DROVES.

 

 

Anyway, those are just some ideas. Some were probably mentioned. Maybe even all of them were. But it's just a though. I don't expect most or any of this stuff to happen. But hey, it all starts with a voice right?

 

Thanks for your time in reading this. And if anyone has any added ideas or can improve on the ones I mentioned, PLEASE do so


Message 1 of 16 (16 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 10/29/2009
Offline
73 posts
 

Re: A Few HOME ideas (hope this gets looked at)

Jan 8, 2010

another idea and alot of people have been saying thi but instead of the xmb (or watever its called) we boot and its turned onto home 

 

 just an idea 

________________________
My Game Library
Madden 10
Bioshock
Cod wf2
DJ Hero
GTA4
LittleBigPlanet
Batman:AA
Message 2 of 16 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/25/2009
Offline
896 posts
 

Re: A Few HOME ideas (hope this gets looked at)

Jan 8, 2010

TURKEYI3G wrote:

another idea and alot of people have been saying thi but instead of the xmb (or watever its called) we boot and its turned onto home 

 

 just an idea 


Sure if it's an option, I love my XMB I don't want it to take it away, those themes and wallpapers are awesome. Plus it'd be less money for Sony and It'd take a whole decade to load. Just by saying that it takes me a full 30 minutes to load Home.

"Has it been that long? Yes."
Message 3 of 16 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/19/2009
Offline
104 posts
 

Re: A Few HOME ideas (hope this gets looked at)

Jan 8, 2010
Yeah that idea might have to be optional. the XMB has alot to it already. Plus many ps3 owners would be mad because it would FORCE them to be on HOME and make it mandatory

Message 4 of 16 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/25/2009
Offline
896 posts
 

Re: A Few HOME ideas (hope this gets looked at)

Jan 8, 2010

Ash-Dash wrote:
Yeah that idea might have to be optional. the XMB has alot to it already. Plus many ps3 owners would be mad because it would FORCE them to be on HOME and make it mandatory

 

Indeed, I don't know what would it be without my XMB. This idea has been suggested before, lots of users disagree including me.  
"Has it been that long? Yes."
Message 5 of 16 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/23/2009
Offline
1300 posts
 

Re: A Few HOME ideas (hope this gets looked at)

Jan 8, 2010

Ash-Dash wrote:

Hello everyone

 

 

I've been a member of the HOME community since Open Beta. First off, I want to say thank you to Sony and their staff for what they're trying to accomplish with this project. Don't worry about all the Naysayers and instead focus on constant improvement. I have a few ideas I wanted to share. Some of which I'm sure might have been mentioned before. Some, probably not. But anyway, here it goes

 

 

TV in personal spaces- if you can actually have a working TV set in your apartment that you can show videos you have on your ps3 hard drive or even on disc that would make the private spaces much more useable. When you guys put that Television in the summer house during Xi, that was great!!! But it was also a HUGE tease. I understand there might be alot of legality involved. But for the sake of HOME's evolution, make it happen

 

 

Stereo in personal spaces- this, just like is pretty much the same issue as the TV. When ppl have parties, people are forced to play makeshift music through their headsets. Most of the time, the sound isn't of great quality because of the improvisation. If you guys would give us a scenario where we could have a working stereo in our apt that we can share our music just like the TV idea that would be perfect.

 

 

Board games in personal spaces - Think about this for a second. You allow us to buy furniture. Tables, chairs, etc. But how often does anyone REALLY use them? Let us buy things like board games. It would make personal spaces more "personal" and enjoyable for friends to get together. Imagine playing say monopoly with your friends on HOME. Or Scrabble. Or even Clue. And let's take it one step further. A lot of these board games have many different versions that have came out over the years. Not only would you be able to sell the board games themselves, but you might even be able to make extra off selling the different versions as "skins"

 

 

A Deck of Playing Cards - If you gave the community their own playing card deck this would be another wonderful little add-on feature. The idea itself wouldn't take away from EA or the Godfather spaces because you can't win points and/or prizes from it. But yeah, that's just an idea

 

 

More parlor style games - How about interactive things for those wide open spaces in our apartments. Things like table tennis or Air hockey might be a good idea.

 

 

Have Loot Upgrade their Movie Apartments- When loot first showed off their trailer for the movie studio apt, they showed functionality to it. For example, one of the green screens had a moving image or video of a turtle. If, possible, allow them to complete the features that they themselves have shown are possible. And also,  Make the cameras actually record things. The movie studio might have been the BEST (personal opinion) apartment if the proper functionality was implemented.

 

 

Make the Flooring expandable - Personally, I love the idea of allowing us to have flooring. But if at all possible, can you allow us to increase, decrease, and expand the size of it?

 

 

Legos -Now to me, this might be the best idea yet. Imagine if you allowed us to buy our own lego sets. You guys are promoting user-created content heavily. So how about implementing that idea in HOME. Let the community buy Lego sets from you and build their OWN furniture and ornaments. 

 

*this next part of the lego idea isn't mine, this part was suggested to me by a dear friend of mine named Trish.

 

Let's take the lego and user created idea one step further. What if you allowed people to share and MAYBE even sell their creations to other people within the HOME community? I personally think you would make a great deal of money because people would buy your lego sets in DROVES.

 

 

Anyway, those are just some ideas. Some were probably mentioned. Maybe even all of them were. But it's just a though. I don't expect most or any of this stuff to happen. But hey, it all starts with a voice right?

 

Thanks for your time in reading this. And if anyone has any added ideas or can improve on the ones I mentioned, PLEASE do so


 

Hi Ash!

 

I love all the ideas... They've been asked for by soo many people yet it still frustrates me that we don't have them yet. Working TV's and stereos are by far my favorite... But pool tables, air hockey, table tennis, board games and the full functionality for the Loot Stage Set are even better. It would be awesome to have these. C'mon Sony! We obviously love this stuff, so what continues to be the hold up?

Message 6 of 16 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/19/2009
Offline
104 posts
 

Re: A Few HOME ideas (hope this gets looked at)

Jan 9, 2010

Heya ladychaos!!!

 

Yeah, if we're lucky at least HALF this stuff comes to light one day


Message 7 of 16 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/02/2009
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: A Few HOME ideas (hope this gets looked at)

Jan 9, 2010
Hey Ash.. It's Me (Your Ugly Step Sister) LoL ... Please Inform everyone, Especially (Tani) That the Reason I haven't been on is because my brother's Playstation is broken. I'm so glad I found a familiar name here *Phew* but yeah anyways. I miss all of you and I'll be back on As soon as everything gets fixed k. Love you Sister and Take cares *Hugs*
Message 8 of 16 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/02/2009
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: A Few HOME ideas (hope this gets looked at)

Jan 9, 2010
P.S. Sry For Not Acknowledging your Post . It's a very great one with wonderful ideas. I CLEARLY WANT AN AT HOME POKER TABLE!! LMAO!! jk very nice post Ash... Luvs you *sends Hugs all around*
Message 9 of 16 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/19/2009
Offline
104 posts
 

Re: A Few HOME ideas (hope this gets looked at)

Jan 10, 2010

FRITHY!!!!!

 

Heya dear!! Yeah we kinda wondered what happened to you. Glad to see you're safe and stuff. I'll be sure to let everyone know what's up. oh and you're NOT ugly HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS


Message 10 of 16 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes