Reply
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Online
15920 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 20, 2013

Icinq wrote:

I think some of the MVP's on here act all high and mighty and that they are so above us and the trolls. But the thing is some of them use alt accounts to troll the forums. I've heard of quite a few of them doing that too. I know that some of them are also friends with some of the mods and don't get reprimanded if they do something wrong like the rest of us do.


All hearsay unless you can prove it. Why not lead with facts to bolster your claim? See, We have ''heard'' this and that from many a disgruntled forum user but they almost always can't back it up. Of course some would lead others to put things in their mind. Doubt can be a powerful tool. That is why I will not believe anything like this without proof.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 222 (377 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/17/2011
Online
1476 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 20, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Icinq wrote:

I think some of the MVP's on here act all high and mighty and that they are so above us and the trolls. But the thing is some of them use alt accounts to troll the forums. I've heard of quite a few of them doing that too. I know that some of them are also friends with some of the mods and don't get reprimanded if they do something wrong like the rest of us do.


All hearsay unless you can prove it. Why not lead with facts to bolster your claim? See, We have ''heard'' this and that from many a disgruntled forum user but they almost always can't back it up. Of course some would lead others to put things in their mind. Doubt can be a powerful tool. That is why I will not believe anything like this without proof.


In a jury trial proof is not necessary for a conviction as long as there is enough circumstantial evidence that is believable and makes sense to a jury.  It does of course help to have a smoking gun or a body per se.  But what the heck its an imperfect world so dont try and make us uphold a perfect accusation.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 222 (361 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
164 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

I almost posted wrong bout that comment hehe i'm tryin to multitask while doing races in acorn meadows n listen to friend on mic. I think  some of the pictures are funny and add a bit of humor to the threads which is something that is sometimes needed with all the negative posts on the thread. It distracts from some of the negative comments posted by others directed at specific people. 

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 222 (357 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Online
15920 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 20, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Icinq wrote:

I think some of the MVP's on here act all high and mighty and that they are so above us and the trolls. But the thing is some of them use alt accounts to troll the forums. I've heard of quite a few of them doing that too. I know that some of them are also friends with some of the mods and don't get reprimanded if they do something wrong like the rest of us do.


All hearsay unless you can prove it. Why not lead with facts to bolster your claim? See, We have ''heard'' this and that from many a disgruntled forum user but they almost always can't back it up. Of course some would lead others to put things in their mind. Doubt can be a powerful tool. That is why I will not believe anything like this without proof.


In a jury trial proof is not necessary for a conviction as long as there is enough circumstantial evidence that is believable and makes sense to a jury.  It does of course help to have a smoking gun or a body per se.  But what the heck its an imperfect world so dont try and make us uphold a perfect accusation.


Truth is truth. Accusations even by a defendant under oath who lies (Jodi Arias) Can be seen through. Proof is needed to back up claims. Hearsay is the legal term for testimony in a court proceeding where the witness does not have direct knowledge of the fact asserted and is not allowed. But, yeah I hear you. At this time we will have recess until court returns to hear more testimony.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 222 (347 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/04/2011
Offline
978 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 20, 2013

Icinq wrote:

I think some of the MVP's on here act all high and mighty and that they are so above us and the trolls. But the thing is some of them use alt accounts to troll the forums. I've heard of quite a few of them doing that too. I know that some of them are also friends with some of the mods and don't get reprimanded if they do something wrong like the rest of us do.


quite the indictment. You are entitled to your opinion, on the attitudes of the MVP's.


as far as alt accounts go, I take every post and person at face value. Either the Post is within Forum guidelines, or it is not.

If way over the line, or the poster repeatedly whacks the rules; then report them.

 

Friends with the Mods? I would have no way or knowing of, nor proving that allegation.

If that was true, then the Forum is doomed.

I for one, believe in the integrity of the Moderators; both Forum and Home.

 photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 222 (337 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/17/2011
Online
1476 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 20, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Icinq wrote:

I think some of the MVP's on here act all high and mighty and that they are so above us and the trolls. But the thing is some of them use alt accounts to troll the forums. I've heard of quite a few of them doing that too. I know that some of them are also friends with some of the mods and don't get reprimanded if they do something wrong like the rest of us do.


All hearsay unless you can prove it. Why not lead with facts to bolster your claim? See, We have ''heard'' this and that from many a disgruntled forum user but they almost always can't back it up. Of course some would lead others to put things in their mind. Doubt can be a powerful tool. That is why I will not believe anything like this without proof.


In a jury trial proof is not necessary for a conviction as long as there is enough circumstantial evidence that is believable and makes sense to a jury.  It does of course help to have a smoking gun or a body per se.  But what the heck its an imperfect world so dont try and make us uphold a perfect accusation.


Truth is truth. Accusations even by a defendant under oath who lies (Jodi Arias) Can be seen through. Proof is needed to back up claims. Hearsay is the legal term for testimony in a court proceeding where the witness does not have direct knowledge of the fact asserted and is not allowed. But, yeah I hear you. At this time we will have recess until court returns to hear more testimony.


LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 222 (310 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 02/03/2009
Offline
3566 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 20, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

moblesuit75 shared some thoughts over in the Support forum that I think is worth a read, and is something I would love to see our Home community embrace.

Our little section of the forum is a special place, albeit one that gets carried away from time to time.  In fact it's one of the few sections on these forums moderation felt it was necessary to create not one, but two special "forum rules" threads and sticky them to the top of the first page.

Does that make us bad?  No.  Does it give us a certain reputation with the rest of the Playstation Community?  Yes, I believe it does.  

We are very quick rally together when certain forum rules such as blacklisting are broken, yet in many cases we seem to tolerate, even encourage "bullying."

What do you think, should we as the Home community be tolerating, and at times even encouraging this behavior?  What are YOUR solutions?

 

 

Here is the thread:

There is having a good time, and there is being a Nuisance.


      Hello Home community,

 

     I think trolling is absurd behavior that should not be tolerated.  Inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages posted should have zero tolerance.  It shows new members and vets of the community a bug and can provoke readers into an emotional response.  They want to disrupt a normal on-topic discussion to derail the main idea or solution.

 

     The OP is asking me what I think, should I tolerate the behavior, should I encourage the behavior, and what is my solution.  My solution to the situation is a very powerful house tool I use daily.  Back in the days I started using the PlayStation Network I did kind of let this behavior get to me until I met someone.  I heard the most powerful quote in the world.

 

     "Kill with Kindness"  That was the most awesomesauce thing I've ever heard in my life.  I've seen a lot of strategies in my life but that one rang the bell like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.  I look at my log and it was a <MOD> named GlassWalls.  I was instantly attached to his attitude and "Kill with Kindness" quote.  It was the answer to all negative behavior brought upon me.

 

     I don't feed the troll with an emotional response.  I reply to the OP and ignore all off-topic, inflammatory messages posted.  I get hammered a lot and I've built a Anti troll strategy.  They come at me like rapid fire if I respond to them.  They would feed off of me like it's feeding time at the zoo.  I don't feed them so I can go upon my business as a role model in this community.

 

     I don't consider myself above anyone because I'm a PlayStation MVP.  <I'm never above you, I'm never below you, I'm always beside you no matter what.>  That is my attitude.  I'm no better or less when I compare myself to a troll.  They just need guided to the Original Post, that's all.  So that is what I do.  So I do not tolerate the behavior, my solution is kill with kindness.

-~CheetahJustice ︻╦╤─ - - - - ) ) )
Bambi-01us
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 222 (280 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/29/2011
Online
1281 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Whoa!!   please don't misunderstand what I said, I never said it was put out there to be hateful or out of spite nor was I referring to people who put pictures or videos to exaggerate a point.  I was merely stating that there has been an influx of people posting their videos or pictures as supposed to doing so to offer information or to be helpful.  Just cause I don't find something humorous doesn't mean its because I find it to be sexist or racist, I just didn't find it funny THAT ALL!!

So to the OP about trolling is that some people believe that because you disagree with them this is considered trolling when it is not.  How can we as a community deal with the trolls and bullies of the forums?  There's not much we can do, this is the job moderation is supposed to be doing so all we can do is report threads or posts that are inflammatory or hostile or we can take things with a grain a salt like I mentioned in my second post and not take it personal, ignore those who want to cause us strife.  Raise above it all and you will be the better person for it.

 

 

 

                    Seeing as how the majority of your post are almost always unneeded, obnoxious NEGATIVE opinions that no one asked you for; I take it that by your own advice we should ignore 95% of what you say, right?

 

The best advice you can give this forum to completely ignore what you say at all times, Tsunade.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



















































"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 222 (263 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
2825 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 20, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:
Whoa!!   please don't misunderstand what I said

It's ok, you weren't misunderstood.

I don't think they misunderstood you either. This place tends to see a lot of rather harmless views taken out of context on purpose.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 222 (248 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
2825 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

Icinq wrote:

I think some of the MVP's on here act all high and mighty and that they are so above us and the trolls. But the thing is some of them use alt accounts to troll the forums. I've heard of quite a few of them doing that too. I know that some of them are also friends with some of the mods and don't get reprimanded if they do something wrong like the rest of us do.

_____________________________________________

 

Okay, let's restore some sanity to the thread. Fair enough, you and I have some criticisms of the current behavior of a few individuals with heightened responsibilities, but this is a forum not a courtroom. If you see anything that's too out of line report it. Or if you feel it's not a reportable offence but puts the program in a bad light then compile your evidence and forward it on to the Digital Platforms Manager.

 

Anyways. 

As I've said before...Everyone's guilty. :smileyhappy: look out for the ones who pretend to be the most innocent!

 

Something no one really brought up. Why did the OP of the thread have to say it was from a fellow MVP? Why couldn't they just say "About Trolling" or "My views on trolling"? If we are all supposed to be seen as equal that's really not selling it to me. Subconsciously I've seen a lot of them bring it up themselves before anyone's even brought that argument into discussion. Further more why should it be an argument?

 

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 222 (392 Views)