Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2631 posts

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013
:^/ @Dawna, Kitty is female, as far as one can tell over the Internet. When I wrote "alternate account in Kitty_Pyra's cartoon thread," I was thinking of the Vox_Rationis account, and not Kitty.

;^) @Jullian, you've reminded me of Walt Kelly, who has paraphrased, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 222 (418 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4009 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Julian : Why be afraid to post. " Keep it Clean ", and " Respect Others".

I think those two Sony Guidelines, are everything all of us need, in order to flourish on Home and in these Forums :smileyhappy:

I always try to do that, however, it seems to me we're talking about cracking down on people who are deemed to be "bullies" or "trolls" to no longer "tolerate" these kinds of activities. Who makes the decision whom may be engaging in these types of activities? How are we to determine who is simply expressing a different opinion and who is attacking others? What sorts of punishments are we talking about enacting?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 222 (406 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

May 19, 2013

@3

I don't fear the red posters, I say what I want and don't let their silly brown nosing status get in the way (I prefer doing actual things to *earn* my elitist attitude). :smileyhappy:

I don't bother people much here on the forums, but the same rules apply. If you want trolling to go away, try informing the optimal targets not to feed us, because we're not going stop, it's too much fun.

FF14 > PSH x1000

i96 WAR
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 222 (392 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013
As a former HCV/MVP, my view on trolling is...
It..sucks...

I hope you are now inspired and moved by this stance.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 222 (385 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4009 posts

May 19, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:
As a former HCV/MVP, my view on trolling is...
It..sucks...

I hope you are now inspired and moved by this stance.

LOL! Chad... you rock!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 222 (374 Views)
Gaming Beast
1539 posts

May 19, 2013

For all those concerned about  trolls who seem to cry out "feed me feed me"  I seriously recommend you watch a movie on Netflix called "Angst".   It puts a whole new perspective on the problem of feeding the trolls.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 222 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 19, 2013
Reported, btw.

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 222 (305 Views)
Fender Bender
2838 posts

May 19, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:
Latin language, alternate forum accounts, parallel universes, cartoon threads and I can't tell if u are complementing or criticizing.  Lets keep this simple folks.  We are not all college intellectuals. Also not that it makes any difference I thought kitty was a female.  Thanks for schooling me.

We aren't all college intellects, you're right. This is exactly what people are banking on when they do some of the ellaborately thought out bullying techniques you see particularly in the Home forum. Danger_Dad is on the mark with what he's saying. Yeah the world and its people are that messed up! Julian also has a point and that is the enemy is unclear because the enemy is everywhere. But maybe we shouldn't look at that way. We should stop looking for enemies in everything then we won't find any.

You don't have to be smart to see the signs though. As long as you figure what to keep an eye out for you'll start seeing all kinds of bullying and trolling here. This forum thrives and is full of it.

I see conflicting requests sometimes coming from the same individual and they are we should a. simultaneously minimod and b. have freer speech on the same board. I think the answer is simple - keep it clean and obey the rules then we can. There's always a way to put across a view without making somebody shed their skin.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 222 (301 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 19, 2013
^ and posting mine and others names isnt blacklisting? Get your head out of your butt please. You're making a mountain out of a molehill over kudos. Who cares who we kudo?

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 222 (378 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2994 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Thank you, Ed!  

Now the question is how do we as a community get everyone to buy in to commiting to make this a respectful environment to be a part of?

We have no authority to "punish" anyone, that lies with moderation.  So how do we reinforce positive bahavior and discourage negative behavior, within that limitation?

@ chad/kitty - if you wish to continue that discussion please do so elswhere rather than get this thread off topic, thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 222 (373 Views)