Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
32739 posts

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HCVs --> MVPs!

Mar 16, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

I'm Sorry,

The MVP program utilizing customers as employees.

Future conflicts can now push blame on unemployed consumer's with issues instead of where it belongs.

We all have tasted the art of two-dimensional personality in the forums.

If this is future trend for community involvement on the PS4, it shows no vision.

Feeding the conscious and unconscious self-esteem of the gamer with the MVP program darkens the community by segregation, not only from each other, but from the individuals gaming experience itself.

It's no more or less than a twisted mental front for a unethical professional business model that displays inadequate funding, desperation and no insight.

Plague the community with the responsibility of business at the cost of the individuals gaming experience.

Welcome to the future.

My last post on this topic.

they arent employees, they are volunteers who do nothing more than help out in various areas.

You mean they aren't PAID employees. Volunteers are also "employed" by companies, and this was Stonestone's point -- or one of them. His other points are that this practice is unethical and that the program promotes segregation -- which has been one of my points all along also.

you people are too much. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 591 of 599 (381 Views)
VP of Gaming
30460 posts

Mar 17, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

I'm Sorry,

Future conflicts can now push blame on unemployed consumer's with issues instead of where it belongs.

If this is future trend for community involvement on the PS4, it shows no vision.

Feeding the conscious and unconscious self-esteem of the gamer with the MVP program darkens the community by segregation, not only from each other, but from the individuals gaming experience itself.

It's no more or less than a twisted mental front for a unethical professional business model that displays inadequate funding, desperation and no insight.

Plague the community with the responsibility of business at the cost of the individuals gaming experience.

Welcome to the future.

they arent employees, they are volunteers who do nothing more than help out in various areas.

You mean they aren't PAID employees. Volunteers are also "employed" by companies, and this was Stonestone's point -- or one of them. His other points are that this practice is unethical and that the program promotes segregation -- which has been one of my points all along also.

you people are too much. :smileyvery-happy:

Aren't they just!

BRIT-KO

Message 592 of 599 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Mar 17, 2013
We're too much cause most of us HOME users take home seriously.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 593 of 599 (320 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32739 posts

Mar 17, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
We're too much cause most of us HOME users take home seriously.

this program only has to do with Home in ths slightest of ways. clearly you take Home TOO seriously. :smileyindifferent:

Message 594 of 599 (277 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Actually i dont.
Serious. Yes.
Too seriously.. NO.
And with thAt.
We all know the thread has run its course.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 595 of 599 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I think its great to merge HCV's to MVP's to better the teamwork in the community :smileyhappy:

Message 596 of 599 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Congratulations MVP's
Message 597 of 599 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2397 posts

Mar 17, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

So why are these other posters participating for a home related thread. and want to partake in the community now that this discussion is all about their newfound MVP Rank.

And that is why people outside of the Home forums find this "community" so snobbish and full of whiners lol.  I can't believe he's saying  "I spend X amount of money on home, I deserve to be an MVP".  Most Home people wouldn't even be caught dead in any other forum outside the Home section...

photo 4f9f1065-23b3-4875-a40d-e36af3b1f802.jpg
#I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for what I'm not
Message 598 of 599 (217 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2873 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

VioletWinds voiced:

the_original_se wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

I'm Sorry,

Welcome to the future.

:^/ Well, would we prefer that these positions were filled with hired staff with great expertise in organizing events, but who play video games seldomly, if at all? Or would it be preferable if the roster were filled with actual example samples of the gaming population at large? Which group would better represent the views of regular customers like you and me?

Personally, I'd prefer the latter of the two.

Also consider that instead of viewing this as using volunteers to reduce the cost of a given sized staff, Sony is mazimizing the staff within their fixed budget by adding volunteers. Hospitals and other charities do this. Politcal campaigns do this. Why is it evil when a company does it?

Or do we distrust the volunteer to be clever enough to decide for himself whether he wishes to share his free time?

Message 599 of 599 (189 Views)