Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 28 2012
By: U2crazy4me Sackboy 362 posts

Ability to gift from anywhere...

21 replies 338 views Edited Sep 28, 2012

I would like to see them make it so you can gift any item from any store in Home and thought I'd see how others feel about that. And maybe if enough ppl like the idea and have positive comments Sony might just do it at some point. I know they just updated the way the store lay out is, well somewhat, but I don't think it would too difficult for them to make it work. I know there is the Lockwood Gift Machine (GM) and now the new Seven Winds space allow you to gift others but as good as they are its still limited. Not to mention that as much as I like Lockwood they do take for ever to really update the GM and majority of the items in it have been there far too long for the sake of variety..

I'm not loaded and don't gift all the time but I have a few friends that I gift from time to time and 1 in particular, to show how much they've either helped me or for a birthday or holiday (or simply for being who they are (as referred to the 1 in particular lol).. But it stinks to be so limited, what if they don't really like the items in the GM. What if they've already told you about something in the regular stores they really wanted and you'd like to get it for them, right now the only way to do that would to give them a PSN card code, which to me is just not the same. Especially since I'm a guy and doing the PSN card thing with a female friend would feel like I'm looking for more, if you get my meaning, cause there are some ppl on Home that do do that kind of thing.. I do care a lot about the 1 but I don't want her in anyway to think I'm trying to buy her.

Okay I think I've gone off my own subject here a bit lol.. I would like to see this happen in general not just for my reasons, so again I would like to see others weight in on the matter and keep it polite, no snide comments...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 1 of 22 (338 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3704 posts

Re: Ability to gift from anywhere...

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

Welcome to the forums :catvery-happy:

I definetlely agree!  The limitations on gifting is an untapped money making resourse that Sony is not taking advantage of and can most certainly benefit from.  The Gift Machine is very limited and most of it is so outdated.  Also make the gift machine available in JP, other Devs could certainly take advantage of this opportunity so that people can gift from any region and I dont see why it cant happen. 

Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 2 of 22 (296 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I want the giftmachine to be able to gift myself 

Message 3 of 22 (281 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3704 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Well im sure you are aware that there are ways around that.  What i dont get is why other Devs jump at the opportunity to create the same types of features, spaces, clothes but wont do gifting.  Meaning, how many spaces do we have now with the day and night feature, beach spaces, swimming, pose/laying feature and so forth.  Yet only 2 Devs has a way to gift friends.

#Live the game
Message 4 of 22 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1905 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

It would be nice if every purchasable item in home could be purchased as a gift. Other virtual communities do this and they remain very profitable... Even more so because sometimes people will spend money on others when they wouldn't on themselves. A few of the home developers get this, but it seems that Sony does not. The problem is that there are many different developers who sell DLC in home, and they all have the right to choose how their own content is sold. So Sony can't arbitrarily apply this feature across the board. Hopefully Sony and all the developers can come to some sort of agreement on this in the future.

Message 5 of 22 (227 Views)
Fender Bender
1387 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Hey, I tried to gift a friend from the palace of the 7 winds and the only person on my list was me LoL.
How do you gift a friend from there?
Oh and on topic, I agree being able to gift from all the stores would be fabulous!

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 6 of 22 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3704 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

Its not a gift machine so ur friend has to be there at the space in order for you to gift them, same as the minibots space :smileyhappy:

#Live the game
Message 7 of 22 (188 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3704 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Sony can't arbitrarily apply this feature across the board. Hopefully Sony and all the developers can come to some sort of agreement on this in the future.

I agree on both these points although Sony does have its own content and would not need arbitation for that.  Devs need to step it up in that respect.  I for one love LKWD but their content is outdated.

#Live the game
Message 8 of 22 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9377 posts

Sep 28, 2012
There are actually 3 devs currently who allow gifting. Yes Lockwood, and Juggernaut but also Heavy Water with their Avalon gift machine. Technically you dont buy anything, it works like the mansion gift machines where you just send to someone present in the space with you :smileyhappy:
Support Forums
Message 9 of 22 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1905 posts

Sep 28, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Sony can't arbitrarily apply this feature across the board. Hopefully Sony and all the developers can come to some sort of agreement on this in the future.

I agree on both these points although Sony does have its own content and would not need arbitation for that.  Devs need to step it up in that respect.  I for one love LKWD but their content is outdated.

Yes, and Sony seems to be the one resisting. But in all fairness, all 3rd party devs have DLC purchasable through the Home store system, and for Sony to change the overall store functions in that way they would need to make sure it's ok within their contracts and wouldn't upset any clients. So far, devs that want to offer DLC for gifting have had to do so outside the Home store system for this reason.

Message 10 of 22 (165 Views)
0 Likes