Wastelander
728 posts

Re: Acorn Meadows Park Impressions

May 1, 2013

I'm really liking this space , i'll be glad when everything is working right . 

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 221 (604 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Re: New on Home today..Acorn Medows Park..

May 1, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

Sweet2525 wrote:

I just visited Acorn Medows Park just now in ps home. I think it will be a hit. You can buy acorn packs and do quests. The more acorns your bye the cheaper they are. I seen there a boat ride and a train ride. Also looks like you can rent bikes. Its a great spot to take in the sun. So if you have not been on home for a while its a great reason to come back..

Thats why it was posted outside of the Home section.....

I did not think of that. I thought it was simply a direct Home related thread that was best suited for Home. That's one of the drawbacks to the forums as well. Sometimes well meaning posts are placed outside of their usual homes in an effort to direct people to those sections. Those threads are then generally moved to the appropriate forum and fail to entirely do what they were intended to do.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 221 (549 Views)
First Son
22 posts

May 2, 2013

The best part about the space is the 200 free acorns which is just enough to get a bike or dog. Other places that give free points do so but are always short so you have to at least spend some money. My partner and I had a blast. Those bikes are hard to steer but at the same time way more enjoyable. The best part is that the bike seats 2 and the partner can get on anytime unlike Gz’s beach. Each bike also had different poses for the passenger, which was a funny surprise. Aside from that, the collision with others on the bike might be annoying. I told her to watch for pedestrians but we accidentally MOWED down a girl who was flirting. After which a guy chased us, and I told her to keep pedalling because he was angry.

Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 221 (555 Views)
PlayStation MVP
735 posts

May 2, 2013

Once you reach level 6 you get a new title called Groundkeeper. No rewards so far for leveling up. However once you get to level 6 each time you level up you get 15 acorns per level rather than just 10 for previous levels. It also take 150 exp to level up as well rather than 100.

Please use plain text.
Message 124 of 221 (538 Views)
PlayStation MVP
114 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

This is exactly what home needs right now. a huge space with room to roam with your LMO's, many different activities to do and , a nice pleasant vibe. The doggie park is fun and gives you a chance to bond with your 4 legged friend. i wish that Veemee would've let us use our current binx pets to use in the doggie park. The train ride is nothing short of AWESOME!!! I could play conductor all day. But what puts this space over the top are the stands (ice cream, hot dog and coffee) to be able to walk around and eat and drink is much needed in HOME. Despite the long loading times and the shops not working, Acorn Meadows is a masterpiece and imo will hopefully make people forget about a certain plaza that we all know and love. Just fix the problems an i'll be spending most, if not all of my days chillin in the park.

Falconn24
Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 221 (535 Views)
PlayStation MVP
602 posts

Re: Acorn Park Impressions

May 2, 2013

This place is completely amazing :smileyvery-happy: I love the park I just wish it was a personal space also. I would defiantly purchase it!!

Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 221 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

May 2, 2013
That space is pretty... Big. Lmao my friend and I lost track of each other cause of all the different winding paths going through and around and oh my god the coffee stand!! The coffee stand, and ice cream stand, and dog park are cool. Now to just get the train to let me board it eventually.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 221 (472 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
735 posts

May 2, 2013

Just curios since I have yet to buy them but if we "hire" the swan boats, train, or a bike do we keep it for good only for use in the space or is it temporary usage that you have to keep spending acorns to use each time?

Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 221 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
974 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

The rentable items are only for s long as you are playing it, once you quit the activity or leave the space you will need to re rent the item. Tho if you buy the dogs or bikes they can be used anywhere in Home.

Finally hit Lvl 12 - Landscaper,.. on a side note I think the posters scattered around the park is a pic of an apt we'll unlock after completing all the activities

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 129 of 221 (416 Views)
I Only Post Everything
427 posts

May 2, 2013

Such a beautiful park!!! I like this space.....

When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it’s only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That’s relativity.

Please use plain text.
Message 130 of 221 (339 Views)