Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 18 2013
By: ILLUMIN-X Fender Bender 3241 posts

An interesting observation about Lockwood

[ Edited ]
28 replies 725 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

I saw this as a comment about Lockwood in Facebook and just had to share this.

Minus the grammatical errors this is absolutely spot on.

Is it me or is Lockwood losing they grip, clothes who wants to get dressed up in golf gear, bikes released too late goth wear released too late, mercia is finished but left with issues , sodium is never going to be updated again, HQ still has xmas trees up, uproar is just about what clothes you wear, where no man's land has scenery and armour updates including total recall, dream hideaway is poorly put together even with update you can't get out the pool and gets released just after Paris apartment from granzella which is far more robust and better for the user. Anime n glow in dark stuff was just dreadful. Getting beaten on clothes by veemee konami and granzella Superpowers were well over priced And now they release a kid's drawing game that is similar to the little big planet sticker board, give it rewards and expect it to sell. Only thing they have done in 6 months thats any good was horses

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (725 Views)
Wastelander
539 posts

Re: An interesting observation about Lockwood

Apr 18, 2013

very true . lockwood has been around for a long time & has the potential to be number 1. the problem is lockwood seems to rely on rehashing content wether it be a item recoloring or a idea released by another. lockwood lately has been releasing subpar content. the fairy tale queen was a cool idea but lockwood screwed it up with that ridiculous mini skirt. the same goes for the victorian goth female set. they ruined it with that ridiculous mini skirt . THATS NOT VICTORIAN!!. jewel of the sky is just boring & took me 5 monthes to get the secret room ( everyday was the stupid lizards 3x a day ). the best items iv seen last 2 weeks are lockwood though, the gorgeous victorian goth furniture set. please stop trying to put mordern spins on classics . the short skirts for fairy tale queen & goth victorian are a disgrace

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (681 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1710 posts

Apr 18, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

I saw this as a comment about Lockwood in Facebook and just had to share this.

Minus the grammatical errors this is absolutely spot on.

Is it me or is Lockwood losing they grip, clothes who wants to get dressed up in golf gear, bikes released too late goth wear released too late, mercia is finished but left with issues , sodium is never going to be updated again, HQ still has xmas trees up, uproar is just about what clothes you wear, where no man's land has scenery and armour updates including total recall, dream hideaway is poorly put together even with update you can't get out the pool and gets released just after Paris apartment from granzella which is far more robust and better for the user. Anime n glow in dark stuff was just dreadful. Getting beaten on clothes by veemee konami and granzella Superpowers were well over priced And now they release a kid's drawing game that is similar to the little big planet sticker board, give it rewards and expect it to sell. Only thing they have done in 6 months thats any good was horses

That right there for me.  Those two great games, both left unfinished.  Such a shame.

"I don't know about you, but I intend to write a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this."
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (657 Views)
Wastelander
539 posts

Apr 18, 2013

its funny because lockwood actually dropped the ball with mercia. the game is boring & g'litchy yes but the rewards are incredible not to mention the mercia environment looks great. it was a huge oversite to not have a mercia apartment & maybe more furniture for sell. i want that oracle statue

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (646 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5206 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Lock-a-Doodle-Doodie

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (601 Views)
Gaming Beast
1445 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

Yeah, that post was spot on, but they somehow forgot to mention the AWESOME job LKWD did with Tikiween and Maskmas, and how we still need to devote 22 slots just to have their famous gift machine in our apts  :smileywink:

I've actually disliked LKWD since I started in Home for various reasons I've ranted about in other topics. But I really began to loathe them when they started releasing color swaps of old (sometimes painfully old like the neon furn) items as "new content" (including those RADICAL auctions) and refusing to go back and lower the slots of their active items.

Thought they were finally moving into the present with the amazing horse LMOs, goth bed taking only a small amount of slots, and their first clubhouse, but nope...same old crappy LKWD. It's ok though...my 29 dollar blunder that their tricky wording duped me into buying will be the last time I provide any revenue for them. Not even doing GM purchases anymore, or visiting their spaces (which are uppdated a whopping total of twice a year)

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5291 posts

Apr 18, 2013

I prefer to remember the Lockwood that created Blaster's Paradise, which is still one of the best games in Home. PODI is also pretty darn sweet.

I've always felt that there's too little focus at Lockwood. They've got too many brands and too many competing ideas. When they started up with all the different brands (Drey, Delierious Squid, Fool Throttle, etc.) I was concerned that they'd either wind up abandoning some of them or rushing out subpar content to try and keep them going. Both have happened, not just across the brands, but across their product line.

Lockwood is capable of being a top Home developer, but they need to approach it more like Juggernaut or Hellfire. Make less stuff and make it really innovative. That's when Lockwood's at its best.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (537 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4131 posts

Apr 18, 2013

There is much about Lockwood that I like and much that I don't - quite a mixed bag.

I still feel their Dream Island is one of the best personal spaces.  I think it was one of the first to introduce swimming (both in the pool and in the ocean around the boat - and beyond for creative types).  It has nice rewards that are easy to get, but still fun to get as well, like hunting for the iguana, gecko, starfish, and dolphins or sharks.  I think it also was the first, and possibly the only space that has changing wildlife based on the day you visit, which gave it a very organic and natural feel.

Lockwood also did a great job with Sodium (but sadly seem to have abandoned it for some time now).

I also give Lockwood a great deal of credit for offering quality items at reasonable prices, often times selling similar items for half the price as other developers... But I have noticed over the last year or so, their prices are not nearly as competitive as they once were.

Their older Showcase seasonal events were also fun and had some really nice rewards.  I remember fondly several gatherings with friends in the Showcase.  In fact, it was at one of those events years ago when I first met Jo's 'friend' Claire.  :smileywink:

I also have had very good experience when emailing them to get help with an issue I had a while back.

However, as others have mentioned, I can't ignore all the negative things about Lockwood as well.   That dreadful Dragon Egg game was so poorly thought out, and was a colossal waste of time.  And there stubbornness, like Sony to refuse to go update their previous active items to change the slot allocation from the default 22 slots down to the amount of slots they really do require is quite frustrating.   Their LMO animations are typically jerky (not as bad as Atom Republic, but not nearly as fluid as nDreams).  Then there is the ongoing mess with their Dream Hideaway space, and now all the issues with the Lock-a-Doodle game and space.

Over all, I still admire Lockwood and hope they improve.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
379 posts

Apr 18, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:
Then there is the ongoing mess with their Dream Hideaway space, and now all the issues with the Lock-a-Doodle game and space.

LKWD tweeted today that they fixed the swimming bug that trapped the avatar in the pool. And they DID add more furniture spawn points, which was a direct  albeit-slowly-implemented response to customers' requests. Kudos to them for that.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4131 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

anojam wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:
Then there is the ongoing mess with their Dream Hideaway space, and now all the issues with the Lock-a-Doodle game and space.

LKWD tweeted today that they fixed the swimming bug that trapped the avatar in the pool. And they DID add more furniture spawn points, which was a direct  albeit-slowly-implemented response to customers' requests. Kudos to them for that.

No kudos from me - as not only did it take two months (although I suspect the delay was due to Sony's QA process) but that just made it more frustrating that something as simple as testing the swim feature no one from Sony or Lockwood discovered the problem before updating it. 

Not only that, but I wont give them kudos for removing the steps to walk in and out of the pool that were there before, and that instead of using the same swim feature as their Dream Island where all you have to do is walk into the pool or ocean to start swimming - instead they made it so you have to stand by the ladder and activate swim - like a game.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (442 Views)
0 Likes