531 posts

Re: BEWARE - Fake "FAM" scams

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013
ipwnzj00 wrote:
Icinq wrote:
Rapturesassassin wrote:
LightOfValkyrie wrote:
Better idea: Just ignore fams altogether.boy no offence but ur on home must be pretty boring if u ignore fams altogher. I run a pretty tight fam with no drama and hang out with a few fams that have little or no drama and we all get along. NOT all fams are bad.Well no offense to you, but judging by the way you spell..... I can totally see why it's soooooooo important for a wannabe like you to be in a fam on Home. No offense though. :smileywink:Saying "no offense" doesn't make insulting somebody on that personal of a level alright. If I called you a stupid wannabe and followed that up with "no offense," somehow I doubt you would be unoffended.
_No offense, but I didn't say "stupid" wannabe, just wannabe. But case in point for you misquoting me. No offense though right?:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 35 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Feb 7, 2013

i guess the old saying still holds true even on home, " a fool and his money are soon parted".

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 35 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
165 posts

Feb 7, 2013
Hmm...ok. So im in a group which some members call a fam. We just hang out and yes have the same pop up but only when doing group related activities. We dont make people beholden us, and have NEVER asked someone 4 money. I know a lot of different clubs/groups/fams and while a lot have similarities, they r all different. Some want 2 have a hierarchy, some just want 2 prompt an idea. Some r out 2 harm, some are completely lax and only want 2 throw parties. I understand y people avoid them, but personally i like being in 1 because of the people ive met and just the atmosphere. Though some of them r horrible, its because they r run by horrible people. Thats my 2 cents.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 35 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Feb 7, 2013

since the time man has roamed the earth its instinctive for us to group together in fams, clans and in communities. its not surprising it found its way on home in the virtual world. i really can't put the blame on fams that scam money from foolish individuals. by age 13 and up (ToS age right?) one should know better then to give up their money for attention, at least i'd hope so.

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 35 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
985 posts

Feb 7, 2013

raiden362003 wrote:

since the time man has roamed the earth its instinctive for us to group together in fams, clans and in communities. its not surprising it found its way on home in the virtual world. i really can't put the blame on fams that scam money from foolish individuals. by age 13 and up (ToS age right?) one should know better then to give up their money for attention, at least i'd hope so.

raiden : I agree with your comparison : most Fam Members are like caveman.

They are barely able to communicate in any manner other than using grunts, growls, and the Laugh Emote.

They lack any manners what so ever. When a Fam Member approaches me, I don't pull out a handkerchief, I pull out a towel, as I know they will soon be drooling on my Stils.

They hunt in packs; you can always pick out the Alpha Member, as they are the one with 4 teeth left instead of one or two.

Aside from the well know Homeling and Hammie Fams; most Fams are bad news, Their Members are barely literate, barely functional, and are not good members of the Home Community. They exisit soley to abuse, hack, freeze, and steal.

The Mods have done a wonderful job in the past few months, in severely thinning the herd of Umpto, Urn, BCS, etc.

Home has become a much nicer place to be of late.

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 35 (84 Views)
0 Likes